The Temple Bar - No Mo' Drama.....UYMFA!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unico said:

They built it on the Anacostia Waterfront, an impoverished section of the city, closing and knocking down low-income housing and homeless shelters, along with other social services that were located in the area. And the mayor didn't do shit to help them out. He just kept saying how the stadium is going to boost the economy. Whatever.

They had similar plans for Citizens Bank Park, but the protests won and the plans got moved back to the sports complex on Broad Street.

Quite frankly, I think it's better. I like the slight seperation between the downtown and the ballparks. It's not hard to access them from downtown: just get to the Broad Street Line and take the train.

phillyfan26 said:

They had similar plans for Citizens Bank Park, but the protests won and the plans got moved back to the sports complex on Broad Street.

Quite frankly, I think it's better. I like the slight seperation between the downtown and the ballparks. It's not hard to access them from downtown: just get to the Broad Street Line and take the train.

That's pretty cool that the plans were moved back. It is seriously ridiculous and alarming that hardly any of the people who lived IN DC wanted it, yet many who lived outside of DC (VA & MD mainly) were all for it. I'm hoping perhaps they just didn't realize at what cost. All those people homeless...it sucks. I'm all for a new stadium, but they didn't have to go down like that, you know?

15d x 2 means that twice Mia attempted that post and got the "Administrators have limited you to posting every 15 seconds" message twice before it got through.

unico said:
That's pretty cool that the plans were moved back. It is seriously ridiculous and alarming that hardly any of the people who lived IN DC wanted it, yet many who lived outside of DC (VA & MD mainly) were all for it. I'm hoping perhaps they just didn't realize at what cost. All those people homeless...it sucks. I'm all for a new stadium, but they didn't have to go down like that, you know?

I mean, the current stadium is out of the way, no? I recall there being a long sort of driveway style entrance with grass and trees around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom