The Temple Bar - No Mo' Drama.....UYMFA!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #571
Blue Crack Addict
 
Drea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tangled in my yarn stash
Posts: 22,528
Local Time: 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoManiac
Why? Why would you do that?

a)I wasn't wearing my Leafs jersey either time.

b)The first time was with my parents and we were going somewhere else afterwards, and the second with a non-hockey fan friend who was indulging me before we went to a concert (though she did think some of the stuff was cool )
__________________

__________________
8 shows, 7 cities, 2 countries, 1 40th birthday and a crapload of friends: my U2011


Drea is offline  
Old 03-02-2008, 07:07 PM   #572
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,666
Local Time: 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Drea
a)I wasn't wearing my Leafs jersey either time.

Too easy. Must.refrain.from.making.easy.joke.
__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 03-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #573
Blue Crack Addict
 
Drea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tangled in my yarn stash
Posts: 22,528
Local Time: 05:26 PM
Detroit: good only for Joe Louis Arena, the Fox Theatre and while Tiger Stadium still existed... otherwise it's just someplace to get through on the way to somewhere else

Dalton - not sure if your question was serious or not, but my honest answer is "most of the forum". I have a few places that I go to with very occasional forays elsewhere, but mostly I stay in those places unless an interesting thread gets pointed out to me
__________________
8 shows, 7 cities, 2 countries, 1 40th birthday and a crapload of friends: my U2011


Drea is offline  
Old 03-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #574
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Drea
Detroit: good only for Joe Louis Arena, the Fox Theatre and while Tiger Stadium still existed... otherwise it's just someplace to get through on the way to somewhere else

Dalton - not sure if your question was serious or not, but my honest answer is "most of the forum". I have a few places that I go to with very occasional forays elsewhere, but mostly I stay in those places unless an interesting thread gets pointed out to me

No, that post was a joke. We make fun of anyone who goes on a post whore wave through OOC.

Have you been to Comerica Park? Its quite nice. It doesn't have the sentimental appeal that old Tiger Stadium had, but its much, much nicer.
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 03-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #575
Blue Crack Addict
 
Drea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tangled in my yarn stash
Posts: 22,528
Local Time: 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoManiac
Too easy. Must.refrain.from.making.easy.joke.

If that joke involves "Leafs" and "Stanley Cup" in the same sentence, you're better off not making it
__________________
8 shows, 7 cities, 2 countries, 1 40th birthday and a crapload of friends: my U2011


Drea is offline  
Old 03-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #576
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,666
Local Time: 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Drea



If that joke involves "Leafs" and "Stanley Cup" in the same sentence, you're better off not making it

__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 03-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #577
Blue Crack Addict
 
Drea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tangled in my yarn stash
Posts: 22,528
Local Time: 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton
No, that post was a joke. We make fun of anyone who goes on a post whore wave through OOC.

Have you been to Comerica Park? Its quite nice. It doesn't have the sentimental appeal that old Tiger Stadium had, but its much, much nicer.

Haven't had the opportunity yet to visit Comerica, unfortunately. I've probably said this before, but one of the things I loved most about Tiger Stadium was the fact that walking into it you could *feel* the history The first time I went there with Dad I could imagine Ty Cobb playing there, or Ruth, or Robinson or DiMaggio... wonderful wonderful place and I miss it
__________________
8 shows, 7 cities, 2 countries, 1 40th birthday and a crapload of friends: my U2011


Drea is offline  
Old 03-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #578
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Drea



Haven't had the opportunity yet to visit Comerica, unfortunately. I've probably said this before, but one of the things I loved most about Tiger Stadium was the fact that walking into it you could *feel* the history The first time I went there with Dad I could imagine Ty Cobb playing there, or Ruth, or Robinson or DiMaggio... wonderful wonderful place and I miss it

Me too! I can still 'feel' the first time I saw the field. Amazing.

My brother claims that he thinks of Tiger Stadium when ever he smells a the stench of piss.
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 03-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #579
Blue Crack Addict
 
Drea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tangled in my yarn stash
Posts: 22,528
Local Time: 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton
Me too! I can still 'feel' the first time I saw the field. Amazing.

My brother claims that he thinks of Tiger Stadium when ever he smells a the stench of piss.

!

Something tells me I don't want to ask why
__________________
8 shows, 7 cities, 2 countries, 1 40th birthday and a crapload of friends: my U2011


Drea is offline  
Old 03-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #580
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 04:26 PM
Dalton, what do you think? Another Bad Creation vs. New Edition...

__________________
unico is offline  
Old 03-02-2008, 08:12 PM   #581
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 01:26 PM
I've been to Comerica. It was ok. I'm sure it's a major upgrade from Tiger Stadium, nostalgia aside.

My mission to hit every baseball stadium is still active. This year, would love to go to the Nats Stadium, Phils and Reds, knock those 3 off of the list....and perhaps the Skydome too. 4 in one summer would be good, and would leave very few left.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 03-02-2008, 08:14 PM   #582
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:26 PM
I've been to Citizens Bank, Yankee Stadium, Camden Yards, Wrigley, RFK, Jacobs, and PNC.

Love Citizens Bank, PNC, Camden, and the Jake, liked Wrigley, dislike Yankee, hate RFK.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 03-02-2008, 08:15 PM   #583
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Drea



one of the things I loved most about Tiger Stadium was the fact that walking into it you could *feel* the history The first time I went there with Dad I could imagine Ty Cobb playing there, or Ruth, or Robinson or DiMaggio... wonderful wonderful place and I miss it
I had that same experience going there. It was awesome.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 03-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #584
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 09:26 PM
RFK, while named after my idol, is a crappy stadium indeed. The location is even worse.

I haven't been to the new Busch yet, but I loved the old one.

"US Cellular Field" (I hate that name) had a nice atmosphere to it.

Cinergy Field is nice too, as well as "Chase Field" (I hate all these corporate names!)
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 03-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #585
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,666
Local Time: 05:26 PM
Well, I've been to the Olympic Stadium, obviously, and the Rogers Centre (Skydome).

I would love to go to Wrigley, Fenway, and Yankee Stadium before it closes.
__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com