The Temple Bar - No Mo' Drama.....UYMFA!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:

Oh I just did. That was easy. Ah, it's amazing what studying can do for you ;)

:lol: i know right! who knew?
remember that exam i was gonna take tomorrow? well, i can't. but in a good way. see apparently i'm supposed to take 2 exams together. there's so much info this time round, that the 1st is on the text, and the other is on the labs. so, i won't be as far behind as i thought by not taking it this week! it actually works out great because i've studied half the material now and know it by heart. over the next few days i'll study the other half.

unico said:

:lol: i know right! who knew?
remember that exam i was gonna take tomorrow? well, i can't. but in a good way. see apparently i'm supposed to take 2 exams together. there's so much info this time round, that the 1st is on the text, and the other is on the labs. so, i won't be as far behind as i thought by not taking it this week! it actually works out great because i've studied half the material now and know it by heart. over the next few days i'll study the other half.

That's awesome :up:

I do need to come to a DC gathering.

OK, shower, then working on homework. I gotta get a ton of crap done because once returns start coming in I won't get anything done.

I need to think of a topic relating to ethics in government/politics so I can write a 10 page paper on it. I don't think there's much to say about ethics in government.........:wink:

U2democrat said:

OK, shower, then working on homework. I gotta get a ton of crap done because once returns start coming in I won't get anything done.

I need to think of a topic relating to ethics in government/politics so I can write a 10 page paper on it. I don't think there's much to say about ethics in government.........:wink:

3 subjects: Karl Rove, Dick Cheney, and "Scooter" Libby. :wink:

U2democrat said:

The lackthereof is perfect.

I've been there twice. I've seen a few ballgames. Thank God they're getting a new stadium.

Ya'll should. DC is great. Many people don't get past the fed buildings, but DC is really a neat little world outside of downtown. Adam's Morgan, Dupont Circle, U Street, Cleveland Park are all fun places. I've lived in the suburbs on the outskirts most of my life. But when I actually lived IN DC, I loved it so much more. I definitely wouldn't mind living there again.

unico said:
Ya'll should. DC is great. Many people don't get past the fed buildings, but DC is really a neat little world outside of downtown. Adam's Morgan, Dupont Circle, U Street, Cleveland Park are all fun places. I've lived in the suburbs on the outskirts most of my life. But when I actually lived IN DC, I loved it so much more. I definitely wouldn't mind living there again.
it is a great city. i've been to quite a few of the buildings and museums, but i've also been to the suburbs as well, as i've got family who lives all around that area. it is very lovely :up:

phillyfan26 said:
Were you an Expos fan?

Yes I was. A big one too. My appetite for baseball has dissipated since their departure, however.

When the stadium was packed, and the team was doing well, there was no better place to be, despite the stadium's shortcomings. By the way, the team's retired numbers for Gary Carter, Andre Dawson and Rusty Staub, Tim Raines now hang up in the Bell Centre rafters.

unico said:

I protested that stadium. I was living there when the plans first emerged. Despite RFK sucking, most of the DC residents were opposed to this.

What's the problem with it?

BonoManiac said:

Yes I was. A big one too. My appetite for baseball has dissipated since their departure, however.

When the stadium was packed, and the team was doing well, there was no better place to be, despite the stadium's shortcomings. By the way, the team's retired numbers for Gary Carter, Andre Dawson and Rusty Staub and Tim Raines now hang up in the Bell Centre rafters.

One of the all-time great shames is that their best team ever never got a chance to win it all: the '94 team.

phillyfan26 said:

What's the problem with it?

They built it on the Anacostia Waterfront, an impoverished section of the city, closing and knocking down low-income housing and homeless shelters, along with other social services that were located in the area. And the mayor didn't do shit to help them out. He just kept saying how the stadium is going to boost the economy. Whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom