The Temple Bar - No Mo' Drama.....UYMFA!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BonoManiac said:
Why? Why would you do that? :angry: :tsk:

a)I wasn't wearing my Leafs jersey either time.

b)The first time was with my parents and we were going somewhere else afterwards, and the second with a non-hockey fan friend who was indulging me before we went to a concert (though she did think some of the stuff was cool :wink: )

Detroit: good only for Joe Louis Arena, the Fox Theatre and while Tiger Stadium still existed... otherwise it's just someplace to get through on the way to somewhere else :wink:

Dalton - not sure if your question was serious or not, but my honest answer is "most of the forum". I have a few places that I go to with very occasional forays elsewhere, but mostly I stay in those places unless an interesting thread gets pointed out to me :)

Drea said:
Detroit: good only for Joe Louis Arena, the Fox Theatre and while Tiger Stadium still existed... otherwise it's just someplace to get through on the way to somewhere else :wink:

Dalton - not sure if your question was serious or not, but my honest answer is "most of the forum". I have a few places that I go to with very occasional forays elsewhere, but mostly I stay in those places unless an interesting thread gets pointed out to me :)

No, that post was a joke. We make fun of anyone who goes on a post whore wave through OOC.

Have you been to Comerica Park? Its quite nice. It doesn't have the sentimental appeal that old Tiger Stadium had, but its much, much nicer.

Dalton said:
No, that post was a joke. We make fun of anyone who goes on a post whore wave through OOC.

Have you been to Comerica Park? Its quite nice. It doesn't have the sentimental appeal that old Tiger Stadium had, but its much, much nicer.

Haven't had the opportunity yet to visit Comerica, unfortunately. I've probably said this before, but one of the things I loved most about Tiger Stadium was the fact that walking into it you could *feel* the history :heart: The first time I went there with Dad I could imagine Ty Cobb playing there, or Ruth, or Robinson or DiMaggio... wonderful wonderful place and I miss it :sad:

Drea said:

Haven't had the opportunity yet to visit Comerica, unfortunately. I've probably said this before, but one of the things I loved most about Tiger Stadium was the fact that walking into it you could *feel* the history :heart: The first time I went there with Dad I could imagine Ty Cobb playing there, or Ruth, or Robinson or DiMaggio... wonderful wonderful place and I miss it :sad:

Me too! I can still 'feel' the first time I saw the field. Amazing.

My brother claims that he thinks of Tiger Stadium when ever he smells a the stench of piss. :lol:

Dalton said:
Me too! I can still 'feel' the first time I saw the field. Amazing.

My brother claims that he thinks of Tiger Stadium when ever he smells a the stench of piss. :lol:

:lol:!

Something tells me I don't want to ask why :wink:

I've been to Comerica. It was ok. I'm sure it's a major upgrade from Tiger Stadium, nostalgia aside.

My mission to hit every baseball stadium is still active. This year, would love to go to the Nats Stadium, Phils and Reds, knock those 3 off of the list....and perhaps the Skydome too. 4 in one summer would be good, and would leave very few left. :)

I've been to Citizens Bank, Yankee Stadium, Camden Yards, Wrigley, RFK, Jacobs, and PNC.

Love Citizens Bank, PNC, Camden, and the Jake, liked Wrigley, dislike Yankee, hate RFK.

Drea said:

one of the things I loved most about Tiger Stadium was the fact that walking into it you could *feel* the history :heart: The first time I went there with Dad I could imagine Ty Cobb playing there, or Ruth, or Robinson or DiMaggio... wonderful wonderful place and I miss it :sad:

I had that same experience going there. It was awesome. :)

RFK, while named after my idol, is a crappy stadium indeed. The location is even worse.

I haven't been to the new Busch yet, but I loved the old one.

"US Cellular Field" (I hate that name) had a nice atmosphere to it.

Cinergy Field is nice too, as well as "Chase Field" (I hate all these corporate names!)

I don't even talk about Yankee Stadium because I'm obviously biased. I'm trying to get tickets to the last game there, against the Orioles. Managed to get 4 for the Friday game, so at the very least, I'll see the 3rd to last regular season ever played there. :)

BonoManiac said:
Well, I've been to the Olympic Stadium, obviously, and the Rogers Centre (Skydome).

I would love to go to Wrigley, Fenway, and Yankee Stadium before it closes.

Let me know if you ever make the trek to Chicago.

I've seen four games there, but they were all from the upper deck. None of the games I saw were very good, so that didn't help.

phillyfan26 said:
I've seen four games there, but they were all from the upper deck. None of the games I saw were very good, so that didn't help.

I saw one game at the Vet. Yuck.

And, as you know, many 76'er games at the Spectrum, back when Barkley was there.

The Vet, Three Rivers stadium, Riverfront in Cincy....all those cookie cutter Stadiums built for football and baseball sucked. Look at Pittsburgh....Three Rivers was a shithouse (albeit one with some pretty good teams), they knocked it down, and built two great stadiums around the same area.....PNC Park is a jewel of a stadium, great views of the city and the river....and Heinz Field is nice, too.

BonoManiac said:
NSW, can you answer me this: with all the money spent on Heinz Field, how is it that in this day and age the field is always in such bad shape? I don't understand! :shrug:

That part of the Stadium is a travesty, agreed. They let a lot of HS and College teams play there, so that does not help. Beyond that, not sure of the problem.

No spoken words said:
Well, THE EXCEPTION is a smart man.

I'm smaht!

THE EXCEPTION is a moderately high powered executive because of that smartness.

But not insanely high powered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom