The Temple Bar - No Mo' Drama.....UYMFA!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said, Mia.

BoMac, I know that I am not crazy, and so, I am well, and I thank you for inquiring.

It's a very beautiful day here in Chicago, as far as Winter weather goes. A tease, surely, but still nice....Spring is not that far away.

Same here. If winter were always like today, I wouldn't mind.

Incidentally, Chicago is, for whatever reason, one of those places I've always wanted to visit. That, and San Francisco, are on my list of destinations in the future.

Chicago and SF are two great cities, both to visit and to live in. I've lived here for almost a year now, and spent a lot of time in SF my last few years in LA since I was dating someone up there. 2 distinctly different places, of course, but, I definitely recommend both.

BonoManiac said:
Same here. If winter were always like today, I wouldn't mind.

Incidentally, Chicago is, for whatever reason, one of those places I've always wanted to visit. That, and San Francisco, are on my list of destinations in the future.

Granted, perhaps because I didn't see a whole lot of it, but I wasn't exactly crazy about the city itself. I mean it's nice, and you should definitely visit when you have the chance. But, as for me, I'd probably vote it out pretty soon in a City Survivor.

BonoManiac said:
Well, I have always wanted to see a 49ers game in San Fran. I'm hoping they play the Bills in Toronto in the next few years, as I will definitely go!

is it true the Bills will play most of their games in TO this time around? Is that team slowly moving north?

Well, for old man me, when I go to a city, the big things for me to experience are:

Museums
At least one concert or sporting event
A local park that people flock to
Public Transportation (I love trains and buses)
A great Chinese Restaurant :)
Street festivals (Chicago has freaking tons of them in the Spring/Summer)

I'm too old for late-night bars and such, got all that out of my system back in NY and early on in LA. :)

If U2Dem gets denied for being underweight, I probably will be too. I've been literally off the growth charts since I was nine.

No spoken words said:
Well, for old man me, when I go to a city, the big things for me to experience are:

Museums
At least one concert or sporting event
A local park that people flock to
Public Transportation (I love trains and buses)
A great Chinese Restaurant :)
Street festivals (Chicago has freaking tons of them in the Spring/Summer)

I'm too old for late-night bars and such, got all that out of my system back in NY and early on in LA. :)

We definitely have plenty of great museums.

Many concerts, and, while the Expos may be gone there is the Formula One Grand Prix, and the Canadian Football League, which is, say what you will, a fun thing to experience live.

There are loads of parks and one nice one in the centre of the city, on Mount Royal, which also has nice views of the downtown core.

Fantastic Chinese restuarants galore.

Street festivals? You got to be kidding me. You name it, we have a festival for it in the summer.

:)

As much as I hated Dallas, their train system was fantastic. Mostly because no one lives there during the offseason for football, but, yeah, great train system.

BonoManiac said:

We definitely have plenty of great museums.

Many concerts, and, while the Expos may be gone there is the Formula One Grand Prix, and the Canadian Football League, which is, say what you will, a fun thing to experience live.

There are loads of parks and one nice one in the centre of the city, on Mount Royal, which also has nice views of the downtown core.

Fantastic Chinese restuarants galore.

Street festivals? You got to be kidding me. You name it, we have a festival for it in the summer.

:)

Sounds fantastic. I should just book something and stop talking about it.

August might be difficult, actually, so Radiohead might be out but I should take a week and wander around Canada in June.

phillyfan26 said:
As much as I hated Dallas, their train system was fantastic. Mostly because no one lives there during the offseason for football, but, yeah, great train system.

I think I am less harsh on Dallas because I visited there right after being in Houston. Dallas was a major step up. I strongly dislike Houston, and I go there 2x a year for business. Detroit is high on my list, too, though the state of Michigan itself is pretty beautiful.

Hey depending on the outcome of this week, I might be able to partake in an August Radiohead concert in Canadica! That'd be nice. Especially since said outcome could result in me missing the show that will be 5 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE! :sigh:

Don't forget you can also take the train between TO and Montreal (about a 6 hr trip) - much easier than trying to drive it, and though of course more time than flying you can take the overnight train, fall asleep in one city and wake up in the other :)

TO has the Royal Ontario Museum (the ROM) and the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO.

Concerts at the ACC, Skydome (I *REFUSE* to call it by Ted Rogers' vanity renaming), Molson Amphitheatre (great place to see an outdoor concert in summer) and free concerts at Harbourfront (also a good venue), plus at a couple major parks at times (Canada Day, etc).

Likely not as many street festivals as Montreal, but there's quite a few here in summer, two sections of Chinatown (the main one downtownish and "East Chinatown" over in the Broadview area)

Sports I don't think I need to go into :wink:

Drea said:
Don't forget you can also take the train between TO and Montreal (about a 6 hr trip) - much easier than trying to drive it, and though of course more time than flying you can take the overnight train, fall asleep in one city and wake up in the other :)

TO has the Royal Ontario Museum (the ROM) and the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO.

Concerts at the ACC, Skydome (I *REFUSE* to call it by Ted Rogers' vanity renaming), Molson Amphitheatre (great place to see an outdoor concert in summer) and free concerts at Harbourfront (also a good venue), plus at a couple major parks at times (Canada Day, etc).

Likely not as many street festivals as Montreal, but there's quite a few here in summer, two sections of Chinatown (the main one downtownish and "East Chinatown" over in the Broadview area)

Sports I don't think I need to go into :wink:

Thanks, Drea.

I love train travel, so, I'd love to take a train from one city to the other....in the morning, actually, so I could watch the scenery go on by.

I need to just do this.

Very true :drool: It was highly neglectful of me as a hockey fan to not mention the HHoF, especially since I've been there twice :yes: I've avoided the temptation to have my pic taken with Lord Stanley's Mug though *g*

No spoken words said:

I think I am less harsh on Dallas because I visited there right after being in Houston. Dallas was a major step up. I strongly dislike Houston, and I go there 2x a year for business. Detroit is high on my list, too, though the state of Michigan itself is pretty beautiful.

Detroit is an absolute shit hole. Have you been keeping up with the controversy involving its mayor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom