The Temple Bar - No Mo' Drama.....UYMFA!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:
Morning bar :wave:

I actually slept until 11. That was nice.

me too :hi5:

For those that coached, did you have to take any classes or tests? Or did you just sign up and they let any MOFO work a game?

And theoretically, shouldn't we have the best refs they got tonight since it is the final?

*does her best (not that that's saying much) MW dance for Zoots* :dance:

*watches him laugh his ass off* :wink:

(For the record, I'm not one of those women who wants to get pulled up on stage to dance with Bono - I'd rather get pulled up to sign (ASL) Please or One or RTSS or Bad :wink: )

Last edited:
Lila64 said:

For those that coached, did you have to take any classes or tests? Or did you just sign up and they let any MOFO work a game?

And theoretically, shouldn't we have the best refs they got tonight since it is the final?

Lila64 said:

My father coaches a big CYO program in the area. There are a lot of people who want to coach, so usually it's a matter of the CYO program offering the job. My father had been getting offered yearly for about five years before he finally accepted it (he didn't want to committ because he, like NSFW, is a high powered executive).

He had to meet some requirements and attend a seminar on child abuse or something, if I recall.

Theoretically, yes. But, in practice, it's usually not a well judged position. Often times it comes down to years of reffing as opposed to skill.

I was referring to the refs who call games for middle school kids. You, THE AMENDMENT, have said you reffed. The refs here seem to be teens themselves. Any requirements to doing so?

Actually, no. I was an umpire in baseball before I got into broadcasting, and the guy who runs the league I ref knew I was good at that, so he asked me to do it for him.

I'm not part of PIAA, I'm independent. If I was, I'd probably have to take some kind of exam to get in. At that point, I would do high school and middle school games. I just do a local basketball league.

Zih-know-bee-uh is the best guess I have on pronunciation. I do it for a living.

So, this is how the conversation with "Zenobia" went:

*Phone ringing*
Some lady: Hello?
Me: Hi is Zenobia available?
*weird sounds then silence*
Me: Hello? .....Hello? .......Hello?
(I'm assuming Zenobia): mmph?
Me: Hi my name is Laura and I'm a volunteer with the Barack Obama campaign. Are you planning on voting in the Texas Primary?
Zenobia: mmph
*silence*
Me: Do you know who you'll be supporting?
Me: Uummm, ok thank you for your time.
*click*

:crack:

He wants Fred Dalton Thompson because FDT is lazy. Similarly, he's too lazy to speak. Or find out that FDT dropped out.

Or vote, probably.

My school has a very high population of Asian students. When I was recruiting participants for my study, I had so much trouble with east Asian names. :reject: I was so worried that I'd mispronounce someone's name and offend them. In fact, I did a few times, and apologized profusely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom