The TEMPLE BAR: Martinis, Margaritas ,Manilow and Memories...UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!! - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-15-2007, 07:40 PM   #421
ONE
love, blood, life
 
snowbunny00774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: londonontario
Posts: 12,298
Local Time: 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


nice use of acronyms
just making the point that some acronyms are apparently okay, right?
__________________

__________________
snowbunny00774 is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #422
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 04:16 AM
Pleba scares me, but FYM frustrates me and sometimes angers me. I'd choose Pleba.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #423
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Girl1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: At the altar of the dark star
Posts: 19,374
Local Time: 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver
What happened in FYM? That place is crazy, but not like in a Pleba way. If I had to spend years with one group, I'd pick Pleba people cause they can be avoided and ignored. FYM people would try to create some sort of communist vs capitalist society and everyone would end up either slaves or dead.
__________________
U2Girl1978 is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #424
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by snowbunny00774
True - I can't decide what I'd prefer to put up with. Half the time debating the definition of something so that we can agree on what exactly we're debating, or mooning over hand lines and stuff. eeeshh...tough choice.
Seriously (I just like saying that, a lot).

I'm leaning towards just not thinking about it. In a good way.

And tomorrow's always another day.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #425
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
Pleba scares me, but FYM frustrates me and sometimes angers me. I'd choose Pleba.
I don't think I've ever gotten angry in FYM, or at anyone here really. I have a tough time taking serious people, well, serious. How ironic. I guess I figure if they were really that serious that might not spend x amount of hours a day posting on a fucking message board. They'd be out petitioning Congress or some shit. Anyhow, if you can't step back and laugh at yourself, I can' take you serious, so....yeah. I think Pleba people have a sense of the absurdity they participate in. A lot of FYM people do not.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:47 PM   #426
ONE
love, blood, life
 
snowbunny00774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: londonontario
Posts: 12,298
Local Time: 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel


Seriously (I just like saying that, a lot).

I'm leaning towards just not thinking about it. In a good way.

And tomorrow's always another day.
good choices.

and the Seriously is mine
__________________
snowbunny00774 is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:49 PM   #427
ONE
love, blood, life
 
snowbunny00774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: londonontario
Posts: 12,298
Local Time: 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver

I think Pleba people have a sense of the absurdity they participate in.



someone wrap him in cotton wool before he ventures out into the world!!
__________________
snowbunny00774 is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:51 PM   #428
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by snowbunny00774


good choices.

and the Seriously is mine
You got a PM.

For real.

ETA: I love my iTunes at times.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:51 PM   #429
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by snowbunny00774





someone wrap him in cotton wool before he ventures out into the world!!
Is that wishful thinking on my part? You really think they don't know? Seriously?
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:53 PM   #430
ONE
love, blood, life
 
snowbunny00774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: londonontario
Posts: 12,298
Local Time: 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver


Is that wishful thinking on my part? You really think they don't know? Seriously?

Oh chicken...I'd say most do, but some - not so much.
__________________
snowbunny00774 is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #431
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver


I don't think I've ever gotten angry in FYM, or at anyone here really. I have a tough time taking serious people, well, serious. How ironic. I guess I figure if they were really that serious that might not spend x amount of hours a day posting on a fucking message board. They'd be out petitioning Congress or some shit. Anyhow, if you can't step back and laugh at yourself, I can' take you serious, so....yeah. I think Pleba people have a sense of the absurdity they participate in. A lot of FYM people do not.
Beav, not everyone sees the world through your prism, and so I think you're a little off base here. I think life has room for silliness and seriousness, and I don't begrudge FYM posters for being serious, because I'd be a hypocrite if I did.....but, I don't take myself as seriously as they do, as I'll poke fun of myself all day long. I begrudge them for regurgitating the same arguments over and over, and I dislike how they, almost inevitably, reduce themselves to sniping and name calling. That last part is the ironic part, to me. So, it's how they treat each other that angers me, not their opinions.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #432
ONE
love, blood, life
 
snowbunny00774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: londonontario
Posts: 12,298
Local Time: 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel


ETA: I love my iTunes at times.

__________________
snowbunny00774 is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #433
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,364
Local Time: 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by snowbunny00774


just making the point that some acronyms are apparently okay, right?
touche'
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 08:02 PM   #434
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


Beav, not everyone sees the world through your prism, and so I think you're a little off base here. I think life has room for silliness and seriousness, and I don't begrudge FYM posters for being serious, because I'd be a hypocrite if I did.....but, I don't take myself as seriously as they do, as I'll poke fun of myself all day long. I begrudge them for regurgitating the same arguments over and over, and I dislike how they, almost inevitably, reduce themselves to sniping and name calling. That last part is the ironic part, to me. So, it's how they treat each other that angers me, not their opinions.
Oh, my bad man. I didn't say that right. I don't mind serious people, per se, it's just when they are nothing but serious, ie, no sense of humour. Anyone that doesn't have a a sense of humour I have a problem taking serious because so much of life is humourous. If you're not getting that, you're missing a lot. That's what I meant. Also, it's their rigidity that I could get annoyed at, they're unwillingness to consider the other side of the story. They are an un-self deprecating lot that take themselves so serious they're missing out on much of life, and that's why I can't take them serious. That make sense?
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 08:02 PM   #435
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 07:16 AM
Crazy, isn't it? It's like iTunes hardwires itself into your brain.

Ok, I think I know what I'm doing. Or not doing, as the case may be.

At least the Sopranos is on.
__________________

__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com