The TEMPLE BAR: Martinis, Margaritas ,Manilow and Memories...UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:
What happened in FYM? That place is crazy, but not like in a Pleba way. If I had to spend years with one group, I'd pick Pleba people cause they can be avoided and ignored. FYM people would try to create some sort of communist vs capitalist society and everyone would end up either slaves or dead.

:giggle:

snowbunny00774 said:
True - I can't decide what I'd prefer to put up with. Half the time debating the definition of something so that we can agree on what exactly we're debating, or mooning over hand lines and stuff. eeeshh...tough choice.

Seriously (I just like saying that, a lot).

I'm leaning towards just not thinking about it. In a good way.

And tomorrow's always another day.

No spoken words said:
Pleba scares me, but FYM frustrates me and sometimes angers me. I'd choose Pleba.

I don't think I've ever gotten angry in FYM, or at anyone here really. I have a tough time taking serious people, well, serious. How ironic. I guess I figure if they were really that serious that might not spend x amount of hours a day posting on a fucking message board. They'd be out petitioning Congress or some shit. Anyhow, if you can't step back and laugh at yourself, I can' take you serious, so....yeah. I think Pleba people have a sense of the absurdity they participate in. A lot of FYM people do not.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Seriously (I just like saying that, a lot).

I'm leaning towards just not thinking about it. In a good way.

And tomorrow's always another day.

:up: good choices.

and the Seriously is mine :angry:

UberBeaver said:

I don't think I've ever gotten angry in FYM, or at anyone here really. I have a tough time taking serious people, well, serious. How ironic. I guess I figure if they were really that serious that might not spend x amount of hours a day posting on a fucking message board. They'd be out petitioning Congress or some shit. Anyhow, if you can't step back and laugh at yourself, I can' take you serious, so....yeah. I think Pleba people have a sense of the absurdity they participate in. A lot of FYM people do not.

Beav, not everyone sees the world through your prism, and so I think you're a little off base here. I think life has room for silliness and seriousness, and I don't begrudge FYM posters for being serious, because I'd be a hypocrite if I did.....but, I don't take myself as seriously as they do, as I'll poke fun of myself all day long. I begrudge them for regurgitating the same arguments over and over, and I dislike how they, almost inevitably, reduce themselves to sniping and name calling. That last part is the ironic part, to me. So, it's how they treat each other that angers me, not their opinions.

No spoken words said:

Beav, not everyone sees the world through your prism, and so I think you're a little off base here. I think life has room for silliness and seriousness, and I don't begrudge FYM posters for being serious, because I'd be a hypocrite if I did.....but, I don't take myself as seriously as they do, as I'll poke fun of myself all day long. I begrudge them for regurgitating the same arguments over and over, and I dislike how they, almost inevitably, reduce themselves to sniping and name calling. That last part is the ironic part, to me. So, it's how they treat each other that angers me, not their opinions.

Oh, my bad man. I didn't say that right. I don't mind serious people, per se, it's just when they are nothing but serious, ie, no sense of humour. Anyone that doesn't have a a sense of humour I have a problem taking serious because so much of life is humourous. If you're not getting that, you're missing a lot. That's what I meant. Also, it's their rigidity that I could get annoyed at, they're unwillingness to consider the other side of the story. They are an un-self deprecating lot that take themselves so serious they're missing out on much of life, and that's why I can't take them serious. That make sense?

UberBeaver said:

Oh, my bad man. I didn't say that right. I don't mind serious people, per se, it's just when they are nothing but serious, ie, no sense of humour. Anyone that doesn't have a a sense of humour I have a problem taking serious because so much of life is humourous. If you're not getting that, you're missing a lot. That's what I meant. Also, it's their rigidity that I could get annoyed at, they're unwillingness to consider the other side of the story. They are an un-self deprecating lot that take themselves so serious they're missing out on much of life, and that's why I can't take them serious. That make sense?

Makes sense, and, I whole heartedly agree. I can never properly relate to people who are devoid of humor, I'm just unable.

UberBeaver said:
I think Pleba people have a sense of the absurdity they participate in.

arts_borat1_392.jpg

good joke, very nice!

Headache in a Suitcase said:

arts_borat1_392.jpg

good joke, very nice!

OK, point taken. lol.

I just did some skimming in there, and yeah, maybe you're both right. Maybe they really don't see the absurdity. I guess when I saw VP and VG post in there, I just assumed it was a somewhat funny place....but now....there's a lot of adoration in there. It seems almost cultish at times, eh?

UberBeaver said:

OK, point taken. lol.

I just did some skimming in there, and yeah, maybe you're both right. Maybe they really don't see the absurdity. I guess when I saw VP and VG post in there, I just assumed it was a somewhat funny place....but now....there's a lot of adoration in there. It seems almost cultish at times, eh?

It's an absolute nightmare with 12 year olds posting in there drooling over 47 year old guys. Good lord. :|

Beav, go in there and post "Hey, just wanted to say that I am in on the joke, cos, nobody could be this slavishly devoted to 4 men. You guys and your false admiration, be it mental or sexual, for the band, really makes me laugh! And the photos.....woohoo! So over the top that it has to be a put on. Genius!!!! Keep it up!!!"

UberBeaver said:

Perfect sense.

LMPA - that's good/bad - you know what I mean!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the fact that there are people with more posts than i have that i've never seen on these boards frightens me to no end... i.e. i've never seen them because they spend every waking second posting pictures of larry's man boobs

ld.jpg

Back
Top Bottom