The TEMPLE BAR: Martinis, Margaritas ,Manilow and Memories...UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't stop watching that stupid Timmy T video. WTF? I keep noticing things that make me laugh. The dancer on the left (Timmy's right) is amazingly awful - I think I could outdance him. In fact, I think I should learn this dance, and use it. :drool:

My fave so far is the shoulder rolls - they are quite good :up:

P's comment :

"OMG, I cannot get over that video!! The hair, the 'dancing,' the hip gyrations ... its a car wreck and I can't stop staring ... must ... watch ... again ..."

What kills me about that song is that I remember a friend of mine listening to it over and over after some girl dumped him. He just laid on his bed in the dorm (boarding school :happy: ) and hit rewind (cassettes :happy: ) over and over and over.

Also, the little soliloquy at the end: Genius. THAT's how you win the women over.

UberBeaver said:

Also, the little soliloquy at the end: Genius. THAT's how you win the women over.
He's won me that's for sure :drool:

I just love the amount of feeling he pours into the performance. also, I think dancer on the viewers left has a lot more buyin, he definitely outperforms the other dancer with the bouncing and hip moves.

:hug: for your friend - did he ever recover? lol

U2Girl1978 said:
Question: In REM's Shiny Happy People ( :yuck: ) video, who is the red headed woman? Is she from the B-52's?

Yep. She fits right into that video though.

snowbunny00774 said:

:hug: for your friend - did he ever recover? lol

Yeah, he got over it pretty quick. In fact, he missed the senior class graduation, when we were juniors, because he was using the graduation ceremony as a distraction so that he could bring his new girlfriend to the dorms to get laid. I'd say he moved on pretty well.

I've been watching the video I posted on and off for 2 days now. It blows me away, it's so fucking cheesy. Beav, I laughed at yours and all but this one is even more spectacularly bad to me.

I'm coming to the sad realization that I was a heartbreakingly desperate teenager.

Circa 1989 I was obsessed by the song Something's gotten hold of my heart- and by Marc Almond. I even bought the gene ptiney version. I think I may still be in love with MA :gah:

NSW - thanks for the nightmares. I couldn't make it past 50 seconds.

Oh, yeah, the music is pretty bad. Just normal bad, not good bad. Yours has the more listenable song, no doubt.

ETA - Anything for you, Snow. I live but to serve. :)

Tell me you didn't watch the whole thing '78??
wow - I couldn't make it.

TRR isn't a patch on SGHOMH - I wish I could find the actual video. Beav - that is the solo performace, he rereleased it with Gene Pitney who has a most distinctive sound. I forgot how much I loved it :heart: I can't sing to save my life and I've just been belting it out - I think my furniture is making moves to run out of the house!!

snowbunny00774 said:
Tell me you didn't watch the whole thing '78??
wow - I couldn't make it.

TRR isn't a patch on SGHOMH - I wish I could find the actual video. Beav - that is the solo performace, he rereleased it with Gene Pitney who has a most distinctive sound. I forgot how much I loved it :heart: I can't sing to save my life and I've just been belting it out - I think my furniture is making moves to run out of the house!!

I actually did! :lmao: WTF were they smoking when they made that video??

U2Girl1978 said:

I actually did! :lmao: WTF were they smoking when they made that video??

lol - I tried again and still only made it halfway - the music is horrid and the guy is just too gross...the hips are killing me :vomit: :lol:

U2Girl1978 said:

This guy is from Soft Cell? The one who sang Tainted Love, right? :huh:

Yes him :reject: :drool: - only the post soft cell yrs though - in 88 he was much more manly...I'm going to stop trying to justify it now!!

I would have been surprised if you didn't know it Beav - I think it permeated everywhere at some point!

Back
Top Bottom