The Temple Bar - Making a pre-emptive strike... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes I sit here and read this thread, and wonder what it sounds like to an outsider. Then I laugh. :lol:

Seriously though, I'm sorry about the possible stone issues, NSW, and hope it all clears up soon.

Thanks, Thora. This thread is not a good place for an outsider to see, really. Though, you do end up with newcomers like Elfa, or Dalton, so, to some folks, there is some measure of appeal. :)

Evening, Bar.

Good luck with the health, Mike. It's a shame you didn't get to use lines from Fletch while a doctor had his hand UYMFA, though. The comedy would have been off the charts.

NSW :hug:

Hope all goes well the next few days.

Is there a possibility of gall stones? My mom had her gallbladder taken out several years ago, and a friend of mine had hers taken out last year.

Thanks, Lila.

U2Dem, thank you too, and, I suppose it could be gall stones. Really, this is all guessing at this point. Still too wide of an array of possibilities based on limited symptoms and testing. I think we'll know a lot more on Thursday. I hope so, at least.

No spoken words said:
Thanks, Lila.

U2Dem, thank you too, and, I suppose it could be gall stones. Really, this is all guessing at this point. Still too wide of an array of possibilities based on limited symptoms and testing.

well lets make up symptoms and you run out and get some home tests kits or something. I'm sure we can diagnose this ourselves :yes:

that gallbladder surgery is awful I've heard. I hope it's not that.

diagnosisratio2.jpg

NSW, feel better. :hug: If it is a kidney stone, my dad went through the same thing and had to pass it organically. :yikes: But just remember Seinfeld, Mike. If Cosmo Kramer could make it through this, so can you. :)

phillyfan26 said:

This is fucking priceless. It's probably Comcast, PFan. Want to know the worst part? I was supposed to be at Penn St today to visit the campus and attend tonight's game.

DAMN YOU COMCAST!!!!!

LemonMelon, thanks. You're right, if Kramer can do it, I can too. I just need an intern now......

Speaking of medical problems, I've never mentioned this to anyone here, but I'm 99.9% positive that I had a posterior vitreous detachment in both of my eyes about 4 years ago, so I have eye floaters and little flashes now and again, but it's not really that big of a deal (I probably have close to 20/20 vision anyway). Since yesterday, however, the flashes have gotten worse, and now there are little yellow specks everywhere. I'm not sure whether it's just a neurological thing or if my eyes are getting worse. :yikes: I know I got about 5 hours sleep last night, which doesn't help, but I really may need to get my retinas examined...:slant:

Maybe you should see a doctor.
In the meantime, probably limit your time on the computer if you have to be on, and get some rest. You don't want to mess with your eyesight! :yikes:
I had iritis twice, but looking back, I now know it was a symptom of something else I was diagnosed with last year.

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:
Speaking of medical problems, I've never mentioned this to anyone here, but I'm 99.9% positive that I had a posterior vitreous detachment in both of my eyes about 4 years ago, so I have eye floaters and little flashes now and again, but it's not really that big of a deal (I probably have close to 20/20 vision anyway). Since yesterday, however, the flashes have gotten worse, and now there are little yellow specks everywhere. I'm not sure whether it's just a neurological thing or if my eyes are getting worse. :yikes: I know I got about 5 hours sleep last night, which doesn't help, but I really may need to get my retinas examined...:slant:

Good lord. :yikes: Have you had it diagnosed?

One of us needs to go to medical school so that we can treat the thread occupants online. :up:

VintagePunk said:

Good lord. :yikes: Have you had it diagnosed?

I never got it checked out because there haven't been any noticeable changes in my eyesight in the past 4 years, so I figured it wasn't anything too bad, just an annoyance. Especially since my vision has never been blurry or anything.

But now...I dunno...getting a little paranoid. :uhoh:

LemonMelon said:

I never got it checked out because there haven't been any noticeable changes in my eyesight in the past 4 years, so I figured it wasn't anything too bad, just an annoyance. Especially since my vision has never been blurry or anything.

But now...I dunno...getting a little paranoid. :uhoh:

Try to make sure you get enough sleep tonight and see if that makes a difference, but you really should get it checked. :motherhen:

VintagePunk said:

Try to make sure you get enough sleep tonight and see if that makes a difference, but you really should get it checked. :motherhen:

I'll try to get some sleep. :yawn: I'm usually pretty good about it, 7-8 hours every night on average.

Back
Top Bottom