The Temple Bar: Like coming home, and you don't know where you've been - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-16-2006, 03:17 PM   #451
Blue Crack Supplier
 
waynetravis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hull, UK
Posts: 36,231
Local Time: 11:59 PM
hi Katie
__________________

__________________
waynetravis is offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #452
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1
Ayup orl. Ay 'ope thas orl doin' orlreet.
ayup yourself


Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1

Eh?








i dont believe i've seen a picture of TheQuiet1 yet...


__________________

__________________
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 03:22 PM   #453
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Tilli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 6,500
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1
Ayup orl. Ay 'ope thas orl doin' orlreet.



Eh?
Hey Ken, Q1 - Eh up me duck (Stoke phrase)

lol - I was just showing off. Tre was trying to teach me music theory. Songs are writen in different modes. Eleanor Rigby is written in the Dorian Mode, which is fairly uncommon (I believe) in modern pop music (this is the limit of my music theory knowledge, by the way)
__________________
Tilli is offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #454
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tilli
lol - I was just showing off. Tre was trying to teach me music theory. Songs are writen in different modes. Eleanor Rigby is written in the Dorian Mode, which is fairly uncommon (I believe) in modern pop music (this is the limit of my music theory knowledge, by the way)
you are a very good student.
__________________
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 03:27 PM   #455
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
YBORCITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: FLA
Posts: 5,139
Local Time: 05:59 PM
Hello
__________________
YBORCITY is offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #456
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Tilli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 6,500
Local Time: 10:59 PM


Scarborough Fair is also in the Dorian Mode (see it is topical too as Wayne went there last week.)

A++++ for me!


hey YBOR!
__________________
Tilli is offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #457
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
TheQuiet1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: N.Yorkshire UK
Posts: 3,816
Local Time: 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge

i dont believe i've seen a picture of TheQuiet1 yet...
As soon as I take a photo of myself that I actually like and as soon I get an online photo album thing sorted out then I'll post one. Hope you're patient though Tre. The last photo of myself that I actually liked was when I was 8!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tilli

lol - I was just showing off. Tre was trying to teach me music theory. Songs are writen in different modes. Eleanor Rigby is written in the Dorian Mode, which is fairly uncommon (I believe) in modern pop music (this is the limit of my music theory knowledge, by the way)
Well I'm impressed!
__________________
TheQuiet1 is offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 03:33 PM   #458
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Tilli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 6,500
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1


As soon as I take a photo of myself that I actually like and as soon I get an online photo album thing sorted out then I'll post one. Hope you're patient though Tre. The last photo of myself that I actually liked was when I was 8!
You will be pestered and pestered until you post one, you do realise that! That is what happened with me - you will give in in the end!
__________________
Tilli is offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 03:33 PM   #459
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 04:59 PM
did i do that?


Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1


As soon as I take a photo of myself that I actually like and as soon I get an online photo album thing sorted out then I'll post one. Hope you're patient though Tre. The last photo of myself that I actually liked was when I was 8! )


well then, we shall have to come to yorkshire and find you




Quote:
Originally posted by Tilli


Scarborough Fair is also in the Dorian Mode (see it is topical too as Wayne went there last week.)

A++++ for me!




house of the rising sun is actually in 3 different modes i believe

my last song was in mixolydian







hey YBOR!
__________________
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #460
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Tilli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 6,500
Local Time: 10:59 PM
I am going to learn guitar once I finish university. I am going to get some new strings for my dad's guitar that is sat behind me as I type. The strings on it at the moment REALLY hurt my fingers though. Then I will attempt to learn some theory and be able to converse about Hypomixolydian and Phrygian modes (Wikipedia is such a wonderful resource )

Ok I'll stop pretending I know anything other than the bare basics of music theory now. I wish I'd paid more attention in music at school, but it was so damn boring.
__________________
Tilli is offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 03:45 PM   #461
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
YBORCITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: FLA
Posts: 5,139
Local Time: 05:59 PM
Tilli

TRE


I must leave because there's a bit of a crisis (not really) and all Manager's are being called into double secret meeting
__________________
YBORCITY is offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 03:47 PM   #462
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Tilli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 6,500
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Did I frighten everyone off with my extensive musical knowledge?



Laters, YBOR
__________________
Tilli is offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 03:50 PM   #463
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 04:59 PM
nay, i was soloing to telegraph road


Quote:
Originally posted by Tilli
I am going to learn guitar once I finish university. I am going to get some new strings for my dad's guitar that is sat behind me as I type. The strings on it at the moment REALLY hurt my fingers though. Then I will attempt to learn some theory and be able to converse about Hypomixolydian and Phrygian modes (Wikipedia is such a wonderful resource )

Ok I'll stop pretending I know anything other than the bare basics of music theory now. I wish I'd paid more attention in music at school, but it was so damn boring.

you should learn

it was boring cause i wasn't your teacher
__________________
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 03:54 PM   #464
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Tilli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 6,500
Local Time: 10:59 PM
He was very boring - Mr Middleton was his name. He was bald with a beard and he used to bang on about classical music (which is very boring when you're, like 11 years old). He should've put contemporary stuff into his lessons.
__________________
Tilli is offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 03:57 PM   #465
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 04:59 PM
i'm sure!


my left hand hurts must be too much playing guitar...but it doesn't hurt while i'm playing guitar
__________________

__________________
the rockin edge is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com