The Temple Bar: Like coming home, and you don't know where you've been

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheQuiet1 said:
Ayup orl. Ay 'ope thas orl doin' orlreet.

Eh? :wink:

Hey Ken, Q1 - Eh up me duck (Stoke phrase):wave:

lol - I was just showing off. Tre was trying to teach me music theory. Songs are writen in different modes. Eleanor Rigby is written in the Dorian Mode, which is fairly uncommon (I believe) in modern pop music :nerd: (this is the limit of my music theory knowledge, by the way)

Tilli said:
lol - I was just showing off. Tre was trying to teach me music theory. Songs are writen in different modes. Eleanor Rigby is written in the Dorian Mode, which is fairly uncommon (I believe) in modern pop music :nerd: (this is the limit of my music theory knowledge, by the way)

you are a very good student. :wink:

:D

Scarborough Fair is also in the Dorian Mode (see it is topical too as Wayne went there last week.)

A++++ for me!:nerd:

:wave: hey YBOR! :hug:

the rockin edge said:

i dont believe i've seen a picture of TheQuiet1 yet...:hmm:

As soon as I take a photo of myself that I actually like and as soon I get an online photo album thing sorted out then I'll post one. Hope you're patient though Tre. The last photo of myself that I actually liked was when I was 8! ;)

Tilli said:

:ohmy: Well I'm impressed!

TheQuiet1 said:

As soon as I take a photo of myself that I actually like and as soon I get an online photo album thing sorted out then I'll post one. Hope you're patient though Tre. The last photo of myself that I actually liked was when I was 8! ;)

You will be pestered and pestered until you post one, you do realise that! :wink: That is what happened with me - you will give in in the end!

:lmao: did i do that? :angel:

TheQuiet1 said:

As soon as I take a photo of myself that I actually like and as soon I get an online photo album thing sorted out then I'll post one. Hope you're patient though Tre. The last photo of myself that I actually liked was when I was 8! )

:lol:

well then, we shall have to come to yorkshire and find you :hmm:

:shifty:

Tilli said:

Scarborough Fair is also in the Dorian Mode (see it is topical too as Wayne went there last week.)

A++++ for me!:nerd:

:nerd:

house of the rising sun is actually in 3 different modes i believe :nerd:

my last song was in mixolydian :nerd:

:nerd:

hey YBOR!

I am going to learn guitar once I finish university. I am going to get some new strings for my dad's guitar that is sat behind me as I type. The strings on it at the moment REALLY hurt my fingers though. Then I will attempt to learn some theory and be able to converse about Hypomixolydian and Phrygian modes (Wikipedia is such a wonderful resource :wink: )

Ok I'll stop pretending I know anything other than the bare basics of music theory now. I wish I'd paid more attention in music at school, but it was so damn boring. :sigh:

Tilli :hug:

TRE :rockon:

I must leave because there's a bit of a crisis (not really) and all Manager's are being called into double secret meeting:shh: :wave:

Did I frighten everyone off with my extensive musical knowledge?

:(

Laters, YBOR :wave:

nay, i was soloing to telegraph road :drool:

Tilli said:
I am going to learn guitar once I finish university. I am going to get some new strings for my dad's guitar that is sat behind me as I type. The strings on it at the moment REALLY hurt my fingers though. Then I will attempt to learn some theory and be able to converse about Hypomixolydian and Phrygian modes (Wikipedia is such a wonderful resource :wink: )

Ok I'll stop pretending I know anything other than the bare basics of music theory now. I wish I'd paid more attention in music at school, but it was so damn boring. :sigh:

you should learn :yes: :cool: :rockon:

it was boring cause i wasn't your teacher :tongue:

He was very boring :yawn: - Mr Middleton was his name. He was bald with a beard and he used to bang on about classical music (which is very boring when you're, like 11 years old). He should've put contemporary stuff into his lessons.

What%20Hits%20-%20Front.jpg

:love: :drool: :cool: :rockon: :combust:

Hey tre! :shifty:

I'm alright, ken. How're you? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom