The TEMPLE BAR: Let's Close this Bitch Down!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Reg. Yeah, it would have been cool to meet you and go to the game. Perhaps when U2 embark on their next tour, we'll cross paths, as I have a tendency to follow them around. :)

Beav I don't think Damien and Lisa had been a couple for a long time so that's not the reason for the break up, sounds like she just wanted to go solo. I hope she does and yea I can't imagine her all "whored up" either :wink:

nsw I think your employer bought out my gym. This morning it was on EVERY tv in the entire gym :happy: and infomercials no less WTF :crack:

it's like someone stole the master remote :shifty:

No spoken words said:
Beav, I called the MRI people, and, thanks to you, they will now have me on my back as they actually do the imaging of my knees. Thanks.

That's good news. Glad I could help. I only said that cause I went to like 20 MRIs, sometimes 2-3 a day, before I realized that they never showed me X-Rays or anything. I mean, they took plenty of pictures, but never seemed to figure out just what was bothering me. :hi5:

Kat - I bet Damien is all moody like, like the crazy brother from 6ft Under, you know? She's too good for him, dammit. And soon she'll see she's too good for Mr. Snow Patrol. :mad: Just wait til Douche Monkey opens for them!

She phoned my mom this morning at 7am here and was rambling. Then put my grandad on to wish my mom a happy christmas.

Now normally you'd think alzheimers, but my nana just happens to be one of the worlds greatest manipulators, and I bet she just ran out of people to guilt trip. Also, she's trying to get my mom home, and my mom has been sick, so at one point she suggested she move home as the fresh bog air will help her get better. :lmao: <---I actually did this when my mom told me.

I think I'm going to get my mom caller id, she does my head in, she's all over texting and IMing, but no caller id on the res line :arrgghh:

redkat said:
I'm impressed that your mom texts and IM's

I like the smell of bog :reject: not sure it improves health though

Really? - well let me give her your contact info and she can impress you even more with the constantness of it :wink:
The only one who is worse is my dad lol.

Yeah, the bog thing cracked me up - I mean they smell lovely and all, but then you have peat fires and I know they're not good for you :choke:

No Beav - they do actually smell nice and very earthy, and they are pretty pristine, nothing sewery about them. The word has been corrupted over the years.

As a small child in Ireland I was sent to "the country" (anywhere outside of Dublin, equatible with prison for a city kid), every summer. My grandad had a bog patch so every day we had to go and work there, cutting, drying, stacking, and carting it home at the end of the summer for storage. They are really dangerous places (no whimis there!!), but really cool plant and animal life, and a really cool sense of how ancient they are.

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:
Isn't "fresh bog air" an oxymoron? I've never been to a real bog, but I don't imagine anything "fresh" about them. The word makes me think of sewers.

Well they may not be "fresh" but the smell of turf is wonderful. I tried to bring some back last time and my cousins thought I was crazy :der: They aren't as fond of it :wink: sure heats well though

turf.jpg

My grandparents turf shed....

Hm, I guess I thought they were like swamps, which I also assume have a bad odor to them, though I've never been to one of them either.

I think it's because where I grew up, we had a "pond", and in the summer when it was hot, the "pond" would smell because it was attached to the sewers somehow. I guess from that I associate all non-oceanian or big lakes with that smell. Curious. I never knew that until just now. New York = Gross. :(

ETA - Is that a leprachaun mass grave? How awful. :sad:

Last edited:
lol!!

The Great Lakes are actually pretty cool. I was dreading moving here when we moved as I thought I would feel claustrophobic never having been this far from the ocean (not a word smart asses, to me it makes sense), but the lakes are great, they smell nice, they are relatively clean, no jelly fish or sea weed..my little cousins love them and call them "the clean sea, the one that doesn't sting" :cute:

Yeah, the first time I saw a great lake (the one in Cleveland) I was amazed you couldn't see the other side. It's like looking at an ocean.

I understand about the ocean and feeling claustrophobic. I just like knowing it's there. I remember after we spent a rough few days in Phoenix and Vegas, my friends and I drove to San Diego, we straight right to the beach and stared at the ocean for a bit.

snowbunny00774 said:

As a small child in Ireland I was sent to "the country" (anywhere outside of Dublin, equatible with prison for a city kid), every summer. My grandad had a bog patch so every day we had to go and work there, cutting, drying, stacking, and carting it home at the end of the summer for storage. They are really dangerous places (no whimis there!!), but really cool plant and animal life, and a really cool sense of how ancient they are.

I plan on doing that to my children :D Not that I had to do it but so they can see how hard their grandma had to work. while their OC counterparts are picking out new noses mine will be mucking around in bogs :wink:

Beav I'm fairly certain you can find a bog while you're in scotland. In Ireland I think my uncles house is one of the few still using turf. :drool:

Cool - I'll have that kid carting dead leprachauns as well then. Seems to have worked out for you two, that gives me hope for my daughter. :D

Wait, does Scotland have leprachauns? If not, I'll find some elves, or gnomes perhaps.

redkat said:

I plan on doing that to my children :D Not that I had to do it but so they can see how hard their grandma had to work. while their OC counterparts are picking out new noses mine will be mucking around in bogs :wink:

Beav I'm fairly certain you can find a bog while you're in scotland. In Ireland I think my uncles house is one of the few still using turf. :drool:

Kat - I :love: it - they will be well grounded!!

My grandparents still use turf, and my nana still uses a range, no stove. no washing machine either, still boiling the clothes :lol:...just idiocy, their house is lovely, but they are old and are just being stubborn and at this point looking like fools.

My other nana is awesome, and thinks this one is demented :)

Thanks for understanding that ocean thing Beav - most people just think it's confirmation that I am in fact, a moron.

snowbunny00774 said:

Kat - I :love: it - they will be well grounded!!

My grandparents still use turf, and my nana still uses a range, no stove. no washing machine either, still boiling the clothes :lol:...just idiocy, their house is lovely, but they are old and are just being stubborn and at this point looking like fools.

My other nana is awesome, and thinks this one is demented :)

My mom is like that and she lives in CA where it is more noticable that she is... odd. She's nearing 70 (she was old when she had me) and she single handedly painted the entire outside or our house not that long ago The woman likes hard labor I tell you. The smell of bleach always reminds me of her, that's her scent she cleans everything with it :wink:

Beav
this site has a list of everything Lisa has ever collaborated on.
http://www.eskimofriends.com/lisa.asp

Back
Top Bottom