The TEMPLE BAR: Let's Close this Bitch Down!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:
MRI on both knees tomorrow. Good way to spend my day off. :)

:hug:

I've had my testing done this week. Now I need the stupid insurance company to okay the medicine my doctor prescribed. Bastards!
cursing.gif

\end rant

My knees are fine, until I play sports, and then they bark like mad. I need to find out what exactly is wrong, and what can be done to remedy the situation. If it's surgery, that'll have to wait a few months as I get acclimated to my new job and city, but, at least I'll know what's wrong and what to do about it....so I can play sports pain-free.

I used to play sports year round. These days, knees allowing, I'm relegated to softball, touch football in the fall, raquetball and tennis now and then, plus I love to swim. Shoot hoops 1-2x a year for kicks. What's amazing is how out of shape I am, despite my love of sports. :)

ETA - Thanks, RB. Worst case scenario is a slight tear of something, I'm thinking.

No spoken words said:
My knees are fine, until I play sports, and then they bark like mad. I need to find out what exactly is wrong, and what can be done to remedy the situation. If it's surgery, that'll have to wait a few months as I get acclimated to my new job and city, but, at least I'll know what's wrong and what to do about it....so I can play sports pain-free.

It could just be your meniscus. This is pretty common. I've had it 2 times, usually after playing basketball. It hurts though. I've never gotten any treatment besides ice though. Just rest. :)

Say, when do u get to Chitown? We should go to a Cubbies game sometime!!

:wave:

Got Philk? said:

It could just be your meniscus. This is pretty common. I've had it 2 times, usually after playing basketball. It hurts though. I've never gotten any treatment besides ice though. Just rest. :)

Say, when do u get to Chitown? We should go to a Cubbies game sometime!!

:wave:

Phil, you don't need to ask about the Cubs twice. I arrive there on 4/30 or 5/1, still working that out. Cannot wait. Gonna be pure chaos, but fun, and I cannot wait to explore a whole new city, especially one that I already like so much, though I've only been twice.

Thanks for the comments re: the knee.

No spoken words said:
Phil, seriously, let me know if/when you come to Chicago. Would be cool to hang out. Zoney will actually be there my first weekend there.

I would LOVE to! We're talking the 4,5 and 6th of May?

Tre, so happy you're here!!! I wanted to know your thoughts on the Man U. v Roma game??? Just saw it tonight.

Got Philk? said:

I would LOVE to! We're talking the 4,5 and 6th of May?

Tre, so happy you're here!!! I wanted to know your thoughts on the Man U. v Roma game??? Just saw it tonight.

Yeah, that's the weekend. I'm not saying you should come down then, but, if you did, great. Zoney and Schmeg are going to a Cubs game on Saturday, I have no idea how much free time they'll have, I'll ask him if he will have time to hang out and such.

Got Philk? said:

oh yeah, i watched that this morning. not a bad game, not a bad result either. old trafford will be a much harder place for roma to play like that. 11 on 11 for 90 mins at old trafford, im confident utd can edge them out...

No spoken words said:

Yeah, that's the weekend. I'm not saying you should come down then, but, if you did, great. Zoney and Schmeg are going to a Cubs game on Saturday, I have no idea how much free time they'll have, I'll ask him if he will have time to hang out and such.

Meh, whatever. I realize that it doesn't have to be that weekend at all. I'll make it there for sure. That'd be sweet!

Lucky kids going to the Cubbies. When they make the World Series, I'll be there. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom