The Temple Bar - Lemons UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not selling myself short, there are people who are actually qualified as opposed to just having someone support the ap. oh well, we'll see. i don't think i'd be making any decisions in this role, more of a learning curve role to the next step. Thanks for letting me babble that all out.

better day today?

snowbunny00774 said:
not selling myself short, there are people who are actually qualified as opposed to just having someone support the ap. oh well, we'll see. i don't think i'd be making any decisions in this role, more of a learning curve role to the next step. Thanks for letting me babble that all out.

better day today?

You're not babbling, and, there is more to who would be best for a position than acumen. So, my opinion is that you're selling yourself short.

You were not babbling.

Today was no better or worse than the past few. Though, we had our holiday party tonight...I obviously left early, but it was fun....that's 2 nights in a row I've been out, and had a good time. wow.

snowbunny00774 said:

better day today?

Oh snow you are probably the most dedicated employee I've ever talked to...that can sometimes make up for deficiencies in other areas...:yes:

No spoken words said:

You're not babbling, and, there is more to who would be best for a position than acumen. So, my opinion is that you're selling yourself short.

You were not babbling.

Today was no better or worse than the past few. Though, we had our holiday party tonight...I obviously left early, but it was fun....that's 2 nights in a row I've been out, and had a good time. wow.

that's crap. although two fun nights in a row is a bit crazy don't you think? :let's just call this the jealousy that it is:

U2Girl1978 said:
I'm a scrooge this year. Noone is getting any presents from me.

Well, it's also because I'm broke and looking for work is making me a real nasty bitch.

May I borrow this reasoning? :wink:
Actually, it's rather odd, but I really don't exchange presents with a lot of people. I would exchange them with my relatives, but they're the cheap a$$ Scrooges in the family.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Oh snow you are probably the most dedicated employee I've ever talked to...that can sometimes make up for deficiencies in other areas...:yes:

thanks reg. I hope so otherwise it's all been for nothing!!

Can someone shed some light on this for me and why (future) employers do this? It really pisses me off.

So I applied for a job that I've wanted for a really long time. Did the interview, did great, received a call from HR stating I got the job. And she gave me a schedule to choose from. BUT! Here's the thing. Getting the job is contingent upon a favorable background check. :huh: :sigh: I am so frustrated right now.

jobob said:

May I borrow this reasoning? :wink:
Actually, it's rather odd, but I really don't exchange presents with a lot of people. I would exchange them with my relatives, but they're the cheap a$$ Scrooges in the family.

I love shopping for people. I'm so sad because this is my daughter's first christmas. I know she won't remember but jeez, I wanted it to be great for her. BLAH.

~BrightestStar~ said:

We try our best to offend as many as we can in as few posts as possible. :)

How's the lil one doing? :cute:

She's doing great. She's learning how to sit up now. I love her to pieces! I found out the heart murmur she had is nothing to worry about and that I will never have to take her to a cardiologist again! Now, it's just the foot thing I have to worry about. YAY!

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Seriously, you're either extremely dedicated and contientious or you're :coocoo:...I'm going with dedicated.

Hell the time you spend there in 2 days....is a full work week for me...:hug:

She's dedicated and she takes her career seriously.

I know the type. :)

Snow, I'll try to curtail my crazy partying ways.

U2Girl1978 said:
Can someone shed some light on this for me and why (future) employers do this? It really pisses me off.

So I applied for a job that I've wanted for a really long time. Did the interview, did great, received a call from HR stating I got the job. And she gave me a schedule to choose from. BUT! Here's the thing. Getting the job is contingent upon a favorable background check. :huh: :sigh: I am so frustrated right now.

sometimes background checks take time to complete, and if you are the most suitable candidate for the job bar the results of the check they may want to "book" you so to speak. maybe :shrug:

congrats though, and I read from the bottom up so also great news about the wee one's murmur :hug:

remember something cold from the freezer for instant skin relief!!

snowbunny00774 said:

sometimes background checks take time to complete, and if you are the most suitable candidate for the job bar the results of the check they may want to "book" you so to speak. maybe :shrug:

congrats though, and I read from the bottom up so also great news about the wee one's murmur :hug:

remember something cold from the freezer for instant skin relief!!

What she said. For all they know, you have multiple offers....they want you to work there, so they make the offer pending what they likely view as a formality.

Congrats!

U2Girl1978 said:

She's doing great. She's learning how to sit up now. I love her to pieces! I found out the heart murmur she had is nothing to worry about and that I will never have to take her to a cardiologist again! Now, it's just the foot thing I have to worry about. YAY!

Jules tons of kids have heart mumurs...they're usually nothing, but scary nonetheless...I'm glad she's fine...:up:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Seriously, you're either extremely dedicated and contientious or you're :coocoo:...I'm going with dedicated.

Hell the time you spend there in 2 days....is a full work week for me...:hug:

I'm loathe to admit it, but yes, I'm dedicated and contientious. I think not having direct reports will be a nice break for me :mortified admitting that but I hold myself way to accountable to them and the business:

Sometimes I feel like that child Solomon suggested halving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom