The Temple Bar - Lemons UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UberBeaver said:
Michael, that man over there is talking to himself; see that scary guy over there? Well, who is he? What's his name?

Well when Tre was first starting out, he was signed to a personal services contract with this big-band leader. And as his career got better and better he wanted to get out of it. But the band leader wouldn't let him. Now, Tre is my father's godson. So my father went to see this bandleader and offered him $10,000 to let Tre go, but the bandleader said no. So the next day, my father went back, only this time with PFan. Within an hour, he had a signed release for a certified check of $1000.

No spoken words said:

Well when Tre was first starting out, he was signed to a personal services contract with this big-band leader. And as his career got better and better he wanted to get out of it. But the band leader wouldn't let him. Now, Tre is my father's godson. So my father went to see this bandleader and offered him $10,000 to let Tre go, but the bandleader said no. So the next day, my father went back, only this time with PFan. Within an hour, he had a signed release for a certified check of $1000.

How'd he do that?

zonelistener said:
Good Evening!

I am off to Providence tomorrow night...followed by a six hour drive deep into Upstate NY. :crack:

Reward: getting to see my niece and nephew!

Oooh I have an uncle that lives in upstate NY. I can't remember what city it is though. :der:

No spoken words said:

That's a true story. That's my family, Kay. That's not me.

(Although, I consider myself more of a Tom Hagen than a Luca Brazi.)

Don Corleone, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your daughter's wedding. On the day of your daughter's wedding. And I hope their first child be a masculine child. I pledge my ever-ending loyalty.

I know now that it's over. I knew it then. There would be no way, Beav... no way you could ever forgive me... not with this Sicilian thing that's been going on for 2,000 years.

There was this kid I grew up with - he was younger than me. Sorta looked up to me - you know. We did our first work together - worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition - we ran molasses into Canada - made a fortune - you father, too. As much as anyone, I loved him - and trusted him. Later on he had an idea - to build a city out of a desert stop-over for GI's on the way to the West Coast. That kid's name was Uber Beaver - and the city he invented was Las Vegas. This was a great man - a man of vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque - or a signpost - or a statue of him in that town! Someone put a bullet through his eye. No one knows who gave the order - when I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Uber - I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead - I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen - I didn't ask who gave the order - because it had nothing to do with business!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom