The Temple Bar - Lemons UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mia sent me a PM about it (never been able to do that before either. LOL. irony).

You guys rock.

VintagePunk said:

You could always come north, apply to UWO and make yourself available to Snow a few years earlier than anticipated. ;)

I even have an off campus residence for you that I'll give a discount for :D

phillyfan26 said:
Guys - For some reason I'm now premium. I never paid. I don't know why. Yet I'm wondering if I should take advantage of this oversight.

Somebody threw PF a bone...:up:

OK, I'm here for all of 2 minutes and then it's off to coach the kid in a basketball tournament today...:yes:

And VP..."Lil' buckaroo"...:lol:

:wave:

I'm going to brave the elements and head to blockbuster in a while - any must sees? I kind of suck at pop culture so I've no idea what's out there.

gotcha. thanks for that, and that is something I try to live by every day, my location now is a customized version of that ;)*

but now i'd like to take something and that is movie ideas please :D

p.s. we won't tell people about that, it'll wreck my dumb bitch image :drool:

well I liked that movie the holiday. please don't think less of me. I'm in the mood for something along those lines or a good comedy. or action if it's really good. or drama if it's really good. so yeah, anything really now that I think about it!

Have you seen Children of Men? Came out last year, I loved it. Call that action, but, more than that.

Older comedy - Ever seen Broadcast News? It's incredibly well written and adult, but very funny.

Ever seen Inside Job? Heist film, directed by Spike Lee? Good stuff.

phillyfan26 said:
Guys - For some reason I'm now premium. I never paid. I don't know why. Yet I'm wondering if I should take advantage of this oversight.

/un-lurk

Yeah, same thing happened to me today. Thank you to whoever made it happen.

Snow, just go for a Coen Bros. movie, Miller's Crossing, The Big Lebowski, or Fargo are probably you're best bets. Or if you want a great holiday film, Bad Santa ftw (which the Coens were involved in writing, I believe)

/re-lurk

LemonMacPhisto said:

/un-lurk

Yeah, same thing happened to me today. Thank you to whoever made it happen.

Snow, just go for a Coen Bros. movie, Miller's Crossing, The Big Lebowski, or Fargo are probably you're best bets.

/re-lurk

1) His movie choices are all good ones too.

2) You're welcome, it was a team thing.

No spoken words said:

1) His movie choices are all good ones too.

2) You're welcome, it was a team thing.

UYMFA gang FTW!!

saw fargo, loved it. keep hearing quotes from the big lebowski. I think I'll grab a bunch :up:

you said please. that makes me laugh for some reason. :huh:

will do. although I thought you hated when I post about movies I watch? :wink:

snowbunny00774 said:
you said please. that makes me laugh for some reason. :huh:

will do. although I thought you hated when I post about movies I watch? :wink:

I do not hate when you post about movies you watch. Cringe, maybe. Laugh out loud, a lot, sure. Hate? No ma'am.

Just avoid Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Well, if you want to actually enjoy watching a rental.

I have no good suggestions. For someone who loves the pop culture reference, I've seen a small number of movies.

LMP :hi5:

phillyfan26 said:
I have no good suggestions. For someone who loves the pop culture reference, I've seen a small number of movies.

LMP :hi5:

:hi5:

As long as you see Labyrinth, I think you'll be okay.

What's this equating pop culture knowledge to knowing a lot about films? When did they become the same thing? I happen to know a lot of pop culture crap, but, my love of movies is not wrapped up in that. Besides, films are an art form, they stretch decades and decades back, there are soooo many older films to be watched.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Just avoid Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Well, if you want to actually enjoy watching a rental.

It helps to be kinda out of your head when watching that. And if you read the book it's also helpful. But not really a bad weather weekend rental, more of a "DUDE I got some gooood shit, let's watch Fear and Loathing" type of rental.

Pop culture is a collection of current events. And one of those events - Spiderman 3 - sucks.

And into the sea
Goes pretty england and me
Round the bay of biscay
And back for tea

Hit traffic on the dogger bank
Up the thames to find a taxi rank
Sail on by with the tide
And go to sleep
And the radio says...

This is a low,
But it wont hurt you.
When youre alone,
It will be there with you,
Finding ways to stay solo.

-Blur :drool:

If you're far far behind on movies, you're gonna want Fear and Loathing to be low on your catch up list.

Spiderman 3, have still yet to see it, not one person I know liked it.

Yeah, Spiderman 3 = Spiderman 1 and Spiderman 2 but with the guys from That 70s Show and Sideways in lieu of Willem DaFoe and umm...that guy from Chocolate and a Frida. Chocolate - I will admit - is a very good movie. Oh, and some real cornball shit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom