The Temple Bar - Lemons UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Pfan!
woot.gif

Yeah, she means well. She and I have always disagreed over my academics, though.

She also is a St. Louis fan since she grew up there. She always argues with the rest of my family (Phils fans) about Scott Rolen.

And I hate McGwire and she loves him.

Other than that, we don't disagree too much.

phillyfan26 said:
Yeah, she means well. She and I have always disagreed over my academics, though.

She also is a St. Louis fan since she grew up there. She always argues with the rest of my family (Phils fans) about Scott Rolen.

And I hate McGwire and she loves him.

Other than that, we don't disagree too much.

Does she love Space Moon? How old is your Mom, by the way? She's probably not a lot older than I am. Yikes.

I fuckin love community colleges. I know there is this stigma with them, but after studying them and working at one I've learned that this is simply not true. While big ass universities prize themselves on faculty who have done tremendous research, community college professors focus more on the learning process. Thus CCs are better at reaching their students. Not to say that prestigious faculty is a bad thing, but at VT during undergrad I was just a number. I think research is more important when pursuing grad school. College is all about development.

phillyfan26 said:
I'm usually good with tests. I'm better with the written word though.

I've always been terrible at homework. Don't know why. I get a B on an assignment, and then I'll get 95% on three tests and I end up with an A overall for the quarter. :shrug:

And that's my tip for getting a 4.0: homework can GTFO. :up:

No spoken words said:

Does she love Space Moon? How old is your Mom, by the way? She's probably not a lot older than I am. Yikes.

She's unaware of a Moon in Space consequently titled Space Moon. Though, she did see David Bowie during the Ziggy Stardust Tour, so she knows the president of Space Moon.

She's 50.

unico said:
I fuckin love community colleges. I know there is this stigma with them, but after studying them and working at one I've learned that this is simply not true. While big ass universities prize themselves on faculty who have done tremendous research, community college professors focus more on the learning process. Thus CCs are better at reaching their students. Not to say that prestigious faculty is a bad thing, but at VT during undergrad I was just a number. I think research is more important when pursuing grad school. College is all about development.

I actually took some CC classes between semesters and came away quite impressed. As Mia says, the faculty were really focused on the students, and not themselves. And, the students were extremely dilligent and curious. I got more out of those classes than from the University I graduated from. And, if you're wondering "How bad could his University have been???", keep in mind that this is the same institution that accepted, and granted a diploma to, Beav.

I forget what the prompt was, but in my SAT paper I wrote about my transition from a conservative in middle school to a liberal in high school. :lol:

VertigoGal said:
heyyyy everyone! :wave:

standardized tests are stupid. luckily im great at them. unluckily, i'm actually really stupid and that's starting to become clearer and clearer to me and i'm very lucky sometimes. :uhoh:

haha

SAMI!!!.....:shifty:

Hey VG, you're not stupid....you're just not very smart...that's all...:hug:

phillyfan26 said:
I forget what the prompt was, but in my SAT paper I wrote about my transition from a conservative in middle school to a liberal in high school. :lol:

I did well on my SAT's, but would have done even better if there was a written portion. I once got an "A" on a paper about a book I did not read.
My University - pwned by a bored 19 year old.

VertigoGal said:
standardized tests are stupid. luckily im great at them. unluckily, i'm actually really stupid and that's starting to become clearer and clearer to me and i'm very lucky sometimes. :uhoh:

I'm sorta like that too. I was always good at those stupid tests, but got grades in the Bs and Cs, and was - for all intents and purposes - a complete idiot. Still am. Luck + Indifference + Ignorance = Win, VG. It's like a built in failsafe. Enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom