The Temple Bar - Lemons UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What thread was it? Knowing us, probably something that had nothing to do with writing a sitcom.

Just for fun I did a search for "GFY NSW" and got like a million threads. That's awesome. He should get that on his license plate.

unico said:
what would be a good gift for a boss? she just gave me a $25 target gift card. i haven't got a thing for her. :hmm: i think i might use the gift card to get her something.

a card will suffice, she doesn't need to receive anything else.

lynnok said:
Is there a graceful way to decline a gift without being a twerp?

:hmm: yes and no...:eyebrow:

If you're polite and insist that you can't accept, then I think you've done all you can...:D

However, the person giving will most likely consider you ungrateful...:shrug:

The decision is really yours...some gifts come with strings attached...which I'm assuming is the case here...:hmm:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

:hmm: yes and no...:eyebrow:

If you're polite and insist that you can't accept, then I think you've done all you can...:D

However, the person giving will most likely consider you ungrateful...:shrug:

The decision is really yours...some gifts come with strings attached...which I'm assuming is the case here...:hmm:

I was thinking much the same thing. I don't feel comfortable accepting expensive things as a gift from someone who I'm in a between with.

elevated_u2_fan said:
Afternoon all... :wave:

WTF have you been? I didn't recieve any kind of Leave of Absence request form. Mia and snow have been worried sick. And NSW tried to take your corner office. And pfan is premium now, so God knows what he's been up. And Reg was ready to "console" your wife. :tsk:

not EXACTLY. Don't you know anything about cats? And our names are different too. :madspit:

telepathically connects to your cat to set evil plan in motion
evilidea.gif
evillaugh.gif

UberBeaver said:

WTF have you been? I didn't recieve any kind of Leave of Absence request form. Mia and snow have been worried sick. And NSW tried to take your corner office. And pfan is premium now, so God knows what he's been up. And Reg was ready to "console" your wife. :tsk:

Elfa, although Beav didn't mention it, you really broke his heart with your sudden disappearance. He's been crying all night, even pissing off his baby girl.

Lila64 said:
not EXACTLY. Don't you know anything about cats? And our names are different too. :madspit:

telepathically connects to your cat to set evil plan in motion
evilidea.gif
evillaugh.gif

I'm a visual thinker. :angry:

unico said:

Elfa, although Beav didn't mention it, you really broke his heart with your sudden disappearance. He's been crying all night, even pissing off his baby girl.

It was like two hours. Don't exaggerate. It makes an ass out of you and him.

Did I piss someone off?

lynnok said:

I was thinking much the same thing. I don't feel comfortable accepting expensive things as a gift from someone who I'm in a between with.

Well that depends...how 'in between" are you...:eyebrow:...and what does the gift represent to the giver...:hmm:

You need a personal Yoda or something like that...:yes:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Well that depends...how 'in between" are you...:eyebrow:...and what does the gift represent to the giver...:hmm:

You need a personal Yoda or something like that...:yes:

Ja, it's the kind of question to ask yer Ma. I'm just going to wing it and be a twerp.

I'm listening to people tell stories of sleeping in their cars to get a Wii. Are you kidding me?

12/29 - GO VT!

If you're around that weekend, let me know. 12/29, however, I have a date. :drool: Dinner and everything. Even got babysitters. :D

UberBeaver said:
I'm listening to people tell stories of sleeping in their cars to get a Wii. Are you kidding me?

12/29 - GO VT!

If you're around that weekend, let me know. 12/29, however, I have a date. :drool: Dinner and everything. Even got babysitters. :D

I'll keep you posted. I don't know if I can afford it because I've a wedding to attend the following week, but that game would be sweeeeet! I don't remember VT ever playing SJU when I was there. It sounds fun, I think each team plays each other, so 2 games that night! What are you doing for your date? Taking her to Kaiju?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom