The Temple Bar: Legit Home of the RECESSION ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, I'm back from the optometrist.

1. I have nearly perfect vision in each eye, and crystal clear vision with both eyes. Also, there is nothing physically wrong with the eye itself.

2. I don't have glaucoma. I know this because they gave me this test that was very much akin to water torture. They give you this sharp puff of air that, especially when you're not expecting it, feels like the blunt end of a pencil poking you in the eye. Those bastards.

3. I need to go further up the food chain of eye doctors in order to find the exact source of my complaints, though many of them he said was normal, and the increased flashes could be causes by "silent migraines" which could be caused by increased sugar intake. Fair enough.

Now, I got fucking four hours sleep last night, so I'm pretty crabby, but somewhat pleased by this news. :wink:

LemonMelon said:
OK, I'm back from the optometrist.

1. I have nearly perfect vision in each eye, and crystal clear vision with both eyes. Also, there is nothing physically wrong with the eye itself.

2. I don't have glaucoma. I know this because they gave me this test that was very much akin to water torture. They give you this sharp puff of air that, especially when you're not expecting it, feels like the blunt end of a pencil poking you in the eye. Those bastards.

3. I need to go further up the food chain of eye doctors in order to find the exact source of my complaints, though many of them he said was normal, and the increased flashes could be causes by "silent migraines" which could be caused by increased sugar intake. Fair enough.

Now, I got fucking four hours sleep last night, so I'm pretty crabby, but somewhat pleased by this news. :wink:

Did they run any tests to see if your ailments are merely symptoms or your underlying douchebaggery?

No spoken words said:
LM, glad that your appointment went well, but, yeah, you might want to see an Opthamologist.

And so it shall be.

Dalton said:

Why not. There's nothing on tv.

Got to pass the weekend before Super Bowl weekend somehow, I suppose.

In sports I don't have much attachment to, I just cheer for whoever is losing, because I like watching a good comeback. :up:

:lol: Nice going snow on the b-day thread.

Back from running. I'm actually really loving it. I may turn into one of those crazy running-types if this keeps up. :giggle:

Yes, when they're playing Duke.

I would tell you more, but, uh ... I prefer not to reveal much about myself on this forum.

I take it the Blue Devils are like the Patriots of NCAA men's basketball and are hated by pretty much anyone who isn't a fan?

I don't adore them, but I like them, because of family, and that's as far as I'll go in stating my connection to Duke.

phillyfan26 said:
The opening track is fantastic.

Agreed. I bought all of his solo stuff a few months ago, when Beav would not shut the fuck up about him. I have enjoyed listening to them all.

Fuck you Duke. Remember me? The guy that was on your campus in 1993 and spit on it, not long after you had lost to Jason Kidd's Cal Bears in the NCAA Tourney.

Hi Duke. Remember when I played a pick up game on the floor at Cameron Indoor? That was fun. That was almost as good as playing a pick up game on the floor at the Palestra.

phillyfan26 said:
Hi Duke. Remember when I played a pick up game on the floor at Cameron Indoor? That was fun. That was almost as good as playing a pick up game on the floor at the Palestra.

OK Gabe, we realize that your mentioning of your connection to Duke is completely unintentional, but do you want to share anything?

Back
Top Bottom