The Temple Bar: Legit Home of the RECESSION ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was so good, and so intense. One of those movies I didn't really know what to expect when I came in, and it pretty much blew me away.

VintagePunk said:
I'm so out of the loop re: this U2 movie thing. All I know is that a specific number of days after you see it, you spontaneously combust. Or something.

Elfa, it's my understanding that the TO thing Fri night is just a one night thing, and that there's no usual theatre run starting yet? :confused: And, where it's playing Fri night is downtown?

It's playing at the Scotiabank Cinema from the 25-31st VP :) You know where you had to pick up your tickets from ETS for the shows here in TO the last tour? The movie theatre across the road from Montana's is where it's playing before the main run starts in Feb :wink:

Drea said:

It's playing at the Scotiabank Cinema from the 25-31st VP :) You know where you had to pick up your tickets from ETS for the shows here in TO the last tour? The movie theatre across the road from Montana's is where it's playing before the main run starts in Feb :wink:

I only had one set of ETS tickets, and on that particular cab ride, I wasn't really paying attention, I was too busy watching Ruff work her magic with Bri's dad. :shifty:

Have you heard anything about it playing at any theatres in the 'burbs?

what happened between ruff & Bri's Dad :shifty:

:corn:

ETA:

this thread title is bugging me
"Tom {etty 2008 tour"

:mad:

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
what happened between ruff & Bri's Dad :shifty:

It's not nearly as sordid as it sounds, but it's something we continue to joke and laugh about. :wink:

Bono was giving some speech a month or so after the beginning of the 3rd leg (Philly?) and Bri would have liked to have gone. So, Ruff, Bri's dad and I went to the ETS place together, and during that time, she used her feminine wiles to try to convince him that we're nice, safe, sane people (that last one is debatable) for the purpose of convincing him to let Bri attend the speech. I remember at one point that day, she was pointing out the educational benefits of attending. :lol:

I also may have been accused of participating in a certain degree of mild flirtation, but it's all lies, I tell you!

VintagePunk said:
I only had one set of ETS tickets, and on that particular cab ride, I wasn't really paying attention, I was too busy watching Ruff work her magic with Bri's dad. :shifty:

Have you heard anything about it playing at any theatres in the 'burbs?

:lol:

I remember last year when news of the movie first came out I looked up the link for the 3D company and the closest theatre I found was in Oakville, if that's any help :wink:

*has her ticket for the 10:15pm showing tomorrow*

Drea said:

:lol:

I remember last year when news of the movie first came out I looked up the link for the 3D company and the closest theatre I found was in Oakville, if that's any help :wink:

*has her ticket for the 10:15pm showing tomorrow*

Exactly, that's the one I was thinking of! And there's another in Mississauga that looks like it's very, very close to the Oakville one, so for me, either would work.

I guess I have to just keep checking the theatre listings.

ETA - I'm just worried that while I'm waiting for it to play Oakville, it'll finish its run in Toronto, it'll end up not playing Oakville, and I'll be screwed. :happy: If it's the only option, I'll go downtown, but it's just so much easier for me not to, if possible.

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
(Philly?)

WOOOOOOOO!! YEAH!!!!!!!
DC_Imagine.jpg

VintagePunk said:

Ah, just a representation of the excitement that Philly evokes? I get it.

Yes. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Also, I just got back from my high school team's basketball game (we lost, of course).

We counted down from 44 seconds, though, so there's that.

Well, it's my school's team, not mine. I could really care less. I actually like seeing our horrible coach fail.

The only person who played the entire game was ... you guessed it! The coach's 5-3 sophomore son.

He also substitutes a player every 18 seconds. I wish that was an exxageration.

I just got back from drinking alcohol in my buddies basement*. I need to finish some homework and then find my camo bandanna.

*Teenage code for "My mother made me do the laundry."

Question: if someone's coming into your apt to service the "heat rods", would they just be working on the radiators in the living room, or would they need to go into every room with a radiator? (If the latter, I'm putting a "Do Not Enter" sign on my bedroom door, as that's where most of my stuff is, and there's no way they'd be able to get to the radiators in there :lol: )

Back
Top Bottom