The Temple Bar...Laura, where the f*ck are you? UYMFA!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love an Iced Cap right now

Last week I got a box of 40 timbits and all they had left were jelly filled ones and sour cream glazed (which are my favs)

I was pretty pleased with that lot :drool:

That's great! Are you going with an organized tour, with friends, or by yourself? Or are you visiting friends?

I'm going with a group, and we'll be working there. Mainly in AIDS hospitals, and doing sports and music with kids.

:lol: I get severe anxiety attacks on planes, so they definitely help.

I didn't know you were going to that part of the continent! I have relatives over there. They live close to Cape Town.

Very cool! We'll be near Johannesburg, so pretty much right in the centre of the country.

I'm going with a group, and we'll be working there. Mainly in AIDS hospitals, and doing sports and music with kids.

I'd like to do this, and three weeks seems reasonable. I know, I know...there are people that stay much longer than that, but at 3 weeks I'd be able to take time off work, go there and help out and then come back.

What's the group called, Thora? And are you paying any expenses?

I'd like to do this, and three weeks seems reasonable. I know, I know...there are people that stay much longer than that, but at 3 weeks I'd be able to take time off work, go there and help out and then come back.

What's the group called, Thora? And are you paying any expenses?

I'm going with my church, so we don't really have a name. :) I'm paying for part of my expenses personally, and the rest will be taken care of by fundraising.

Are you going to be right in Jo-burg at all? It's notorious for being very crime-ridden and violent. :yikes: My cousin lived there for quite a while. (Right in the city, I mean)

We will be in the city for a bit at the beginning and end of the trip, but most of the time we'll be in a smaller city several hours away. I've heard of the violence and stuff, but one of our leaders has lived in Jo-burg before, and is familiar with all of that. She's assured us that we'll be in a very safe area, so I hope that will be true! :)

We will be in the city for a bit at the beginning and end of the trip, but most of the time we'll be in a smaller city several hours away. I've heard of the violence and stuff, but one of our leaders has lived in Jo-burg before, and is familiar with all of that. She's assured us that we'll be in a very safe area, so I hope that will be true! :)

I didn't mean to be all Debbie Downer about it. :lol: I think in cases like that, the best thing to do is be aware, which you are, and just take whatever precautions the people familiar with the area tell you to take, and you'll be fine. :up:

OK, thanks. And you'll be fine! :)

Yup, I'm not too worried!

I didn't mean to be all Debbie Downer about it. :lol: I think in cases like that, the best thing to do is be aware, which you are, and just take whatever precautions the people familiar with the area tell you to take, and you'll be fine. :up:

Ah, no worries - I knew you weren't thinking that way. :D

Thora, I would be so excited. I know there is a group of kids from here raising money to go to Trinidad.

I would love to be able to do something like you are someday :up:

No, VP, I haven't heard about Christian the lion. What did he do?

Thora, I would be so excited. I know there is a group of kids from here raising money to go to Trinidad.

I would love to be able to do something like you are someday :up:

No, VP, I haven't heard about Christian the lion. What did he do?

It's about how in the late 60's - early 70's, a couple in London bought a lion cub in a department store (wtf??) and raised him for a year, then he got too big and they decided to take him to Africa so he could learn to live in the wild. It's an amazing story, you should read it!

http://forum.interference.com/f200/christian-lion-amazing-story-188257.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom