The Temple Bar...Laura, where the f*ck are you? UYMFA!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's from IMDB, though. That site, and the people who post on it, are hardly the arbiters of what constitutes a great film and which are the best of all time. It's just like any other list, though, and it obviously will not influence what I think are the best films ever. (My favourites are Godfather 1 and 2, but I'm not a film buff, so I haven't seen that many films to begin with.)

I love the IMDB message boards. I like reading through a simple post like, "Was this guy in Sin City? I thought so, but I don't see it listed here." And then,
"IF IT'S NOT LISTED HE WAS NOT IN IT STUPID USE YOUR HEAD MORRON!"
"IMDB is not flawless, sometimes mistakes are made."
"My CUSIN WENT TO SKOOL WITH THIS GUY!!!!!"
"POST DELETED"
"I know the scene you're talking about, and no, it's not him. When I was in film school learning how to create masterworks with Robert Altman, people used to think I was Colin Farrell, but I wasn't. I wish I had his career though, even if some of his movies don't really explore the darker nature of humanity. That's why I am working on my own screenplay. I plan on using it as a vehicle for my career - i plan on staring as well as writing and directing. It's about basketball in small town America - but with DRAGONS!"
"LOL STUPID SH*THEAD LOOKS NOTHING LIKE HIM!"
"Hi, if you're reading this, it's me, Joe, from Parkslide Elementary. Remember me? Call me! I still talk to Danny and Steve!"
"This guy can't act."
"To the previous poster - ACTORS DO NOT READ IMDB. Stop wasting your time here."

Those Led Zeppeling polls make me want to cry.

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
That's the Way and Out on the Tiles and Bring it On Home and about a million other songs.
That's the Way and Out on the Tiles and Bring it On Home and about a million other songs who?
That's the Way and Out on the Tiles and Bring it On Home and about a million other songs and WHY ARE WE NOT ON YOUR FUCKING POLL? I bet we'd had made the finals on an IMDB poll.

I've just been listening to LZ's albums recently, and I tend to agree with you. There's a few "WTF?" moments looking at that final.

I love the IMDB message boards. I like reading through a simple post like, "Was this guy in Sin City? I thought so, but I don't see it listed here." And then,
"IF IT'S NOT LISTED HE WAS NOT IN IT STUPID USE YOUR HEAD MORRON!"
"IMDB is not flawless, sometimes mistakes are made."
"My CUSIN WENT TO SKOOL WITH THIS GUY!!!!!"
"POST DELETED"
"I know the scene you're talking about, and no, it's not him. When I was in film school learning how to create masterworks with Robert Altman, people used to think I was Colin Farrell, but I wasn't. I wish I had his career though, even if some of his movies don't really explore the darker nature of humanity. That's why I am working on my own screenplay. I plan on using it as a vehicle for my career - i plan on staring as well as writing and directing. It's about basketball in small town America - but with DRAGONS!"
"LOL STUPID SH*THEAD LOOKS NOTHING LIKE HIM!"
"Hi, if you're reading this, it's me, Joe, from Parkslide Elementary. Remember me? Call me! I still talk to Danny and Steve!"
"This guy can't act."
"To the previous poster - ACTORS DO NOT READ IMDB. Stop wasting your time here."

:lol: Yup, that sounds about right.

I've just been listening to LZ's albums recently, and I tend to agree with you. There's a few "WTF?" moments looking at that final.

Dude, it's awful. I refuse to vote any longer.

ETA - I just realized the Babe I'm Gonna Leave You is not in there. Let me repeat that:

BABE I'M GONNA LEAVE YOU IS NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT IN THERE.

It's like Bizarro world.

The songs from the first three albums should be:

I - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, How Many More Times
II - What Is and What Should Never Be, Bring It on Home
III - Out on the Tiles, Tangerine

:hug: Except That's The Way > Tangerine. But 5 out of 6 ain't bad.

Close call. I still think only having 2 from an album like LZIII is flawed.

I can't figure out if I like I or III more. I prefer both of them to II, but WHICH IS BETTER?

It might be a dead heat.

No, that wasn't the case. The weaker ones only got one song.

Is that right? It seems like all the songs getting voted off are from the later albums, and it seems like a lot.

How many albums got more than two songs?

Is that right? It seems like all the songs getting voted off are from the later albums, and it seems like a lot.

How many albums got more than two songs?

I - 2
II - 2
III - 2
IV - 3
HOTH - 3
PG - 4
Presence - 1
ITTOD - 1
Coda - 1
Rarities - 1

It's been a whacked poll, though, I agree. I was disappointed with how the voting went on some albums.

Oh, I don't know...I have to side PFan here...Tangerine is pretty badass...:yes:

That was the first (and pretty much only) song I learned to play from beginning to end, but I dunno, That's the Way kicks much ass.

My order is Houses, III, II, Physical Graffitti, IV (Side II, I'm not a big fan of side I), I. Never really got into Presence, Coda or In Through the Out Door though I do like the drums and solo in Fool in the Rain a lot.

I've only listened in full to the first three, though IV, Houses, and PG are coming up soon.

Also, Beav, you and I might be the two biggest fans of the Space Oddity album on the board. I think it's the second best Bowie has done, behind Station to Station.

It's only a six song album, but they're all very good. The song Station to Station is my favorite song by Bowie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom