The Temple Bar...Laura, where the f*ck are you? UYMFA!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smug bastard :angry:

did you trample anyone at the McCartney concert? :wink:

No. Why would I want to go to that show? He's a damn Brit? :angry:

:wink:

Actually, Macca may or may not have been the organizers' first choice. I know that, as was reported on Coldplaying.com, Coldplay was tentatively scheduled to play that show. For whatever reason the deal fell through and they held free concerts in London and New York City instead.

Also, the organizers were pursuing U2, but obviously they were unavailable due to the new album.

No. Why would I want to go to that show? He's a damn Brit? :angry:

:wink:

Actually, Macca may or may not have been the organizers' first choice. I know that, as was reported on Coldplaying.com, Coldplay was tentatively scheduled to play that show. For whatever reason the deal fell through and they held free concerts in London and New York City instead.

Also, the organizers were pursuing U2, but obviously they were unavailable due to the new album.

Am I missing something here? :confuzzled: :scratch:

Am I missing something here? :confuzzled: :scratch:

See FYM for more "info". Quebec City is holding a year-long celebration for their 400th anniversary and Paul McCartney held a free concert yesterday in front of 200,000 people. His mere presence caused a stir among some hard-core Quebec nationalists because of Macca's Anglo-Saxon roots.

But it was much ado about nothing. :shrug:

See FYM for more "info". Quebec City is holding a year-long celebration for their 400th anniversary and Paul McCartney held a free concert yesterday in front of 200,000 people. His mere presence caused a stir among some hard-core Quebec nationalists because of Macca's Anglo-Saxon roots.

But it was much ado about nothing. :shrug:

Ah, as most things are.

Lunch has been ordered and I need more caffeine. Oi.

is anyone else a tad nauseated by this whole Batman thing? It’s like the second coming or something, talk about hype...

And this is just sad :tsk:

Wow, saying it's the best movie ever is perhaps pushing things a bit.

Everything I've heard about it so far has been more than positve, and not just because of Ledger.

I'm seeing it next weekend, and cannot wait. :drool: :hyper:

y'think? considering it's been out for what? 3 days now?

That's from IMDB, though. That site, and the people who post on it, are hardly the arbiters of what constitutes a great film and which are the best of all time. It's just like any other list, though, and it obviously will not influence what I think are the best films ever. (My favourites are Godfather 1 and 2, but I'm not a film buff, so I haven't seen that many films to begin with.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom