The Temple Bar...Laura, where the f*ck are you? UYMFA!!!!! - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #421
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
logic
Logic on the internet
__________________

__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #422
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,667
Local Time: 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
logic
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
Logic on the internet

I get accused of this all the time on here and I'm sick and tired of it!

I can't help it! It's who I am!





































__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #423
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggie Thee Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be...
Posts: 17,934
Local Time: 04:10 PM
Who's slow...
__________________
Reggie Thee Dog is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #424
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
That's from IMDB, though. That site, and the people who post on it, are hardly the arbiters of what constitutes a great film and which are the best of all time. It's just like any other list, though, and it obviously will not influence what I think are the best films ever. (My favourites are Godfather 1 and 2, but I'm not a film buff, so I haven't seen that many films to begin with.)

I love the IMDB message boards. I like reading through a simple post like, "Was this guy in Sin City? I thought so, but I don't see it listed here." And then,
"IF IT'S NOT LISTED HE WAS NOT IN IT STUPID USE YOUR HEAD MORRON!"
"IMDB is not flawless, sometimes mistakes are made."
"My CUSIN WENT TO SKOOL WITH THIS GUY!!!!!"
"POST DELETED"
"I know the scene you're talking about, and no, it's not him. When I was in film school learning how to create masterworks with Robert Altman, people used to think I was Colin Farrell, but I wasn't. I wish I had his career though, even if some of his movies don't really explore the darker nature of humanity. That's why I am working on my own screenplay. I plan on using it as a vehicle for my career - i plan on staring as well as writing and directing. It's about basketball in small town America - but with DRAGONS!"
"LOL STUPID SH*THEAD LOOKS NOTHING LIKE HIM!"
"Hi, if you're reading this, it's me, Joe, from Parkslide Elementary. Remember me? Call me! I still talk to Danny and Steve!"
"This guy can't act."
"To the previous poster - ACTORS DO NOT READ IMDB. Stop wasting your time here."
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #425
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Thee Dog View Post
Who's slow...
Did you forget to wear your helmet today?
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 12:35 PM   #426
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Those Led Zeppeling polls make me want to cry.

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
That's the Way and Out on the Tiles and Bring it On Home and about a million other songs.
That's the Way and Out on the Tiles and Bring it On Home and about a million other songs who?
That's the Way and Out on the Tiles and Bring it On Home and about a million other songs and WHY ARE WE NOT ON YOUR FUCKING POLL? I bet we'd had made the finals on an IMDB poll.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 12:40 PM   #427
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 07:10 PM
I've just been listening to LZ's albums recently, and I tend to agree with you. There's a few "WTF?" moments looking at that final.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 12:41 PM   #428
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,667
Local Time: 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
I love the IMDB message boards. I like reading through a simple post like, "Was this guy in Sin City? I thought so, but I don't see it listed here." And then,
"IF IT'S NOT LISTED HE WAS NOT IN IT STUPID USE YOUR HEAD MORRON!"
"IMDB is not flawless, sometimes mistakes are made."
"My CUSIN WENT TO SKOOL WITH THIS GUY!!!!!"
"POST DELETED"
"I know the scene you're talking about, and no, it's not him. When I was in film school learning how to create masterworks with Robert Altman, people used to think I was Colin Farrell, but I wasn't. I wish I had his career though, even if some of his movies don't really explore the darker nature of humanity. That's why I am working on my own screenplay. I plan on using it as a vehicle for my career - i plan on staring as well as writing and directing. It's about basketball in small town America - but with DRAGONS!"
"LOL STUPID SH*THEAD LOOKS NOTHING LIKE HIM!"
"Hi, if you're reading this, it's me, Joe, from Parkslide Elementary. Remember me? Call me! I still talk to Danny and Steve!"
"This guy can't act."
"To the previous poster - ACTORS DO NOT READ IMDB. Stop wasting your time here."

Yup, that sounds about right.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #429
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I've just been listening to LZ's albums recently, and I tend to agree with you. There's a few "WTF?" moments looking at that final.

Dude, it's awful. I refuse to vote any longer.

ETA - I just realized the Babe I'm Gonna Leave You is not in there. Let me repeat that:

BABE I'M GONNA LEAVE YOU IS NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT IN THERE.

It's like Bizarro world.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #430
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
Dude, it's awful. I refuse to vote any longer.
It's flawed that each album gets the same number of songs into the final.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #431
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
It's flawed that each album gets the same number of songs into the final.
BABE I'M GONNA LEAVE YOU? COME ON!
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #432
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 07:10 PM
The songs from the first three albums should be:

I - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, How Many More Times
II - What Is and What Should Never Be, Bring It on Home
III - Out on the Tiles, Tangerine
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #433
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
The songs from the first three albums should be:

I - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, How Many More Times
II - What Is and What Should Never Be, Bring It on Home
III - Out on the Tiles, Tangerine
Except That's The Way > Tangerine. But 5 out of 6 ain't bad.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #434
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggie Thee Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be...
Posts: 17,934
Local Time: 04:10 PM
Out on the Tiles...

I don't think they ever played that live...snippeted......full song...

Who's running that poll?
__________________
Reggie Thee Dog is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 12:54 PM   #435
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggie Thee Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be...
Posts: 17,934
Local Time: 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
Except That's The Way > Tangerine. But 5 out of 6 ain't bad.
Oh, I don't know...I have to side PFan here...Tangerine is pretty badass...

April...did I leave my helmet at your place again...
__________________

__________________
Reggie Thee Dog is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com