The Temple Bar ~ "Kaffy is a wicked, wicked tease"..and so is BoMac.. UYMFA!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

I think the connections on turntables are pretty much universal. On my home theatre receiver, I think it's hooked up to auxiliary in, or audio in, or something like that. For audio receivers (if there's even a distinction between audio and dvd receivers, I'm not sure), I'd be shocked if they didn't have some sort of input for a turntable. You'd have to look at the back of it.

Actually most systems still have a desigated 'turntable in' because a real turntable needed special grounding or you got hum. Older systems and the cords used to have a little ground cable in addition to the signal (rca) cable. Newer ones may not have that extra little ground thingy but I think it's built into the cord coming off the turntable. Or maybe they've figured out a way for the really new turntables to use just a normal rca signal out, I'm not sure...once you get up to the 1200 series turntables, there's no need for getting anything else unless you truly want to go high-end..

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I remember my dad getting a combo turntable, cd player, dual casssette player :drool: and radio and thinking we were hot shit. :cute:

Yeah, I remember that too, and drooling over the Technics Denon and Pioneer 'stereo systems' that came out in the 80s. I worked my butt off and bought separate pieces because that was what 'audiophiles' did, they turned their noses up at the 'packaged' systems that were sold at obscene prices :lol:

I still have my original Technics dual cassette deck, 3 or 4 different recievers, 2 eq units, 3 different CD players and a few pairs of speakers. I doubt I will ever sell them, I've had them forever and I'm so used to listening to different pieces for different music that I just couldn't.

This is my dream turntable, if I'm ever filthy rich :lol:

worlds-most-expensive-turntable_12.jpg

$150,000. Yeah, dream on!! :lmao:

Only thing I don't like about that USB turntable is... it looks too modern. :lol: I want something old fashioned to play the old fashioned records I have. Then maybe I'm better of buying those Crosley wood design ones from ebay. :hmm:

Plus I have no interest in the ripping function! I did not buy records to rip them to mp3! I bought them to listen to audio in record format.

Zootlesque said:
Only thing I don't like about that USB turntable is... it looks too modern. :lol: I want something old fashioned to play the old fashioned records I have. Then maybe I'm better of buying those Crosley wood design ones from ebay. :hmm:

Plus I have no interest in the ripping function! I did not buy records to rip them to mp3! I bought them to listen to audio in record format.

This one records direct to CD

http://www.crosleyradio.com/prods/cr245.html

and is also $300 :(

http://www.crosleyradio.com/prods/cr249.html
$150 and just the turntable, but it has the USB connection :up:

ETA: Just noticed that whole, not interested in ripping thing

The other thing is that USB turntable I posted the link for only plays 33.33 and 45 RPM records. Is this a cause for concern? Are there many 78 RPM records? I have no clue. :lol:

April, would it be sexy talk if I placed the needle on some sexy music?

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
The other thing is that USB turntable I posted the link for only plays 33.33 and 45 RPM records. Is this a cause for concern? Are there many 75 RPM records? I have no clue. :lol:

April, would it be sexy talk if I placed the needle on some sexy music?

:giggle: If you have a 78 then you are most likely listening to Sinatra or older buddy :lol:

bono_212 said:

:giggle: If you have a 78 then you are most likely listening to Sinatra or older buddy :lol:

That's all I needed, thanks! 33.33 or 45 is good enough then! :lol:

Elfa, good one! :lmao:

Hi Amy. :wave:

Zootlesque said:

That's all I needed, thanks! 33.33 or 45 is good enough then! :lol:

Elfa, good one! :lmao:

Hi Amy. :wave:

I keep trying to buy a 78 just so I can have one in my collection, but I can't find any with ANY song I know :sad:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom