The Temple Bar ~ "Kaffy is a wicked, wicked tease"..and so is BoMac.. UYMFA!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, those changes sound...rather interesting. It'll be nice to see soemthing different around here to distract us from the lack of an album

I ask because, this guy wants a refund from me. I sold him what was clearly labeled:

The Land Before Time Original Soundtrack
Product Details

* LP Record
* Label: MCA Records
* ASIN: B0012HK3XE

Guy goes, "When I purchased the item, I didn't realize that this was a record rather than a CD. As a result I'd like to return it. Please email me return instructions for refund. My email address is"

Does he seriously expect a refund?

bono_212 said:
I ask because, this guy wants a refund from me. I sold him what was clearly labeled:

Product Details

* LP Record

Guy goes, "When I purchased the item, I didn't realize that this was a record rather than a CD. As a result I'd like to return it. Please email me return instructions for refund. My email address is"

Some people are stupid, and don't look properly at things. I'm not sure if you can tell him no refunds or not...

I did that once. :lol: I bought a French copy of a book, thinking it was English. Sometimes my brain just doesn't compute properly, but I can read French fluently, and sometimes get confused. I bought it from Chapters online, and was able to exchange it for the English version no problem. I felt pretty stupid, though! :giggle:

bono_212 said:

Product Details

* LP Record

I would go into the seller's account info for help, and look up what they say about terms and conditions. I sold a shitload of texts on amazon, and while I've never had anyone request a refund after I'd shipped an item, I've had someone e-mail me before I shipped and she asked me to cancel the sale.

My guess is that you're probably obligated by Amazon's terms to refund, no matter how lame the reason, within a reasonable period of time.

Well I called up Amazon, spoke to a VERY nice man, who said that, he realizes I didn't do anything wrong, and that person is being ridiculous, but, since Amazon views itself as a corporation, they want to treat customers the way any corporation would. And he also said that while Amazon can't force me to refund the guy, they would hope that I would do so.

:sigh: I need to go find $37

I'm such a nice buyer at the amazon Used section! I never bother anybody for refunds! :tsk: In fact I try to give them the highest rating possible. Of course I haven't received any defective or incorrect products yet! :lol: :pray:

If you said it was a record and you sold a record, that's the buyers fault for not reading. You shouldnt have to refund.

I'm trying to think of what to e-mail the person in response. The guy on the phone said that if he ends up making a claim with Amazon over it, he'd probably win :mad:

yeah, i've done that twice now, where i thought i was buying one format and when i got it, it was a cassette. then i went to the item, and saw it said "cassette tape" i always feel very stupid, leave them positive feedback, and look elsewhere for what i needed :banghead:

I'm afraid about him shipping it back, cause I swear to God if he opened it i'll kill him

It was sealed!

And it's my favorite album ever, which is why I had two copies of it in the first place. (Yeah yeah yeah, so what if it's Land Before Time, that score rocks)

So I'm thinking of just writing this blunt e-mail:

I don't quite understand why I should refund you for your mistake. It clearly said that it was an LP.

Your thoughts?

Did you say anything other than just LP? Something along the lines of "Warning! This is a Record, NOT CD"? It's gotta be tricky selling anything other than CDs on amazon! Cos everyone expects a CD by default. :slant:

you could do what this girl did who never shipped me my 7" on ebay (the ONLY time i've been burned on ebay...i've had an account there for ten years as of this month i should point out)...she just ignored my emails :happy:

and she worked for the RED CROSS! how hypocritical :|

but yeah, you could just reply back to him and ask why he thinks he's entitled to a refund when it says LP. i mean i've made mistakes like that too, i have a couple cassettes laying around when i thought i was buying a cd or record like i said, but i would never ever expect the seller to refund me money because of my stupidity. i didn't read carefully enough, move on. if i ever have a car with a tape deck again, i'll play it in there :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom