The Temple Bar ~ "Kaffy is a wicked, wicked tease"..and so is BoMac.. UYMFA!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/mp3/90a0/

- 33.33 and 45 RPM playback speeds
- Supports the recording of 78 RPM records through the included software
- Packaged with all necessary cables to interconnect with both a computer and stereo playback system

What do you guys think? :hyper:

Omg...WANT. :drool: :drool:

Imagining the ability to rip all my albums brings a tear to my eye...

Reggie Thee Dog said:

:yuck:

No thanks...I've heard some phonograph rips and...uh, no thanks...:no:

The sound quality is very good...but you get the pops and crackles too...:down:

Dude, take a look at that link again! It comes with Audacity software that will get rid of your pops and crackles!

Reggie Thee Dog said:

:yuck:

No thanks...I've heard some phonograph rips and...uh, no thanks...:no:

The sound quality is very good...but you get the pops and crackles too...:down:

Meh. I never thought of that.

Oh well. The convenience appeals to me, having a copy to listen to that doesn't require all the effort of playing it on a turntable, although you still can when you want to.

VintagePunk said:
Meh. I never thought of that.

Oh well. The convenience appeals to me, having a copy to listen to that doesn't require all the effort of playing it on a turntable, although you still can when you want to.

What appealed to me there was just the ease of listening to records on your computer! I'm not that thrilled about ripping records to CDs cos I have a shit load of CDs already. I wanna listen to my records in record format! :lol: But it turns out that unit wouldn't work for me unless I get external speakers or whatever. My stereo doesn't have anything in the back to connect to. :huh:

I did create a new thread in VDT so we can talk there if you like. ;)

HOLY SHIT! Look at the top 4 post counts in this thread!

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
I did create a new thread in VDT so we can talk there if you like. ;)

Hardly necessary. After all the shit that's been talked about in here in the past couple of years, I don't think a couple of pages of turntable talk is going to harm anyone. Those who aren't interested can scroll past it. :shrug:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

I don't think it works 'perfectly' though...you'll still get some bleed through of the pops and crackles...:shrug:

Yeah you're right, I guess not everyone takes care of their records!! :mad:

Actually in alot of cases I just look at the jacket covers for the song names to remind me and then go get them from torrents :lol: yeah, I cheat. ;)

VintagePunk said:

Hardly necessary. After all the shit that's been talked about in here in the past couple of years, I don't think a couple of pages of turntable talk is going to harm anyone. Those who aren't interested can scroll past it. :shrug:

speak for yourself... it's very taxing on my scrolling finger. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom