The Temple Bar - Just 2 stops down the line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
redkat said:
:lol: now i'm on manilow message boards

:shifty:

that's how it starts. Next thing you know, you're going to be fighting with a gay man over the first place in line, and then you'll go to the bathroom in the diner across the street, and see your best friend's mother having a snack with your other friend, and then hilarity will ensue. Trust me on this.

http:// download. you send it.com/A0CD38C81CCCE01D

Of course, you'll need to remove the plethora of spaces that interference forces me to put in.

Seriously guys, download this. The piano, the minor key, the string arrangement... :drool:

UberBeaver said:
Thanks, VP. I got it playing now.
What's your lastfm name?

Same as here, exactly.

I'm also a sucker for the Jim Steinham school of producing, that big, epic sound (Meatloaf, Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler, It's All Coming Back To Me Now by Celine Dion, et al)...and this song kinda reminds me of that, but although it's cheesy in it's own way, it doesn't veer off into complete Jim Steinham cheesiness.

UberBeaver said:

Don't judge me, man.

You're lucky I appreciate your sense of humor....

Was sitting here reciting the lyrics to Mandy out loud, and, 2 things jump at me:

1) That's a pretty powerful tune

2) I know the lyrics, yet own no Manilow stuff.

Itunes ahoy?

UberBeaver said:

I think so. Are they having a Barrithon? cause I'll be all over it if they are.

No, they are airing Classic Albums: U2-Joshua Tree. Next airing here is on Sat. morning at 11:00am PST. I taped it a couple of days ago. :drool:

Not a fanilow or Manilooney :|

Overall Top Artists
1 Pixies 45
2 Death Cab for Cutie 33
3 Hüsker Dü 31
4 Led Zeppelin 28
5 David Bowie 26
6 Jane's Addiction 24
7 Human Television22
7 The Beatles 22
9 The Flaming Lips 21
9 The Replacements 21
11 The Strokes 18
12 Pink Floyd 14
13 Radiohead 13
14 Arctic Monkeys 12
14 Hum 12
16 The Arcade Fire 10
16 Barry Manilow 10 <---- YES!

I like the Phil Spektor Wall of Sound, and old motown is, I think, the greatest pop music ever written. Nothing has ever been as catchy and those people writing and performing it, so friggin talented and still so down to earth.

That's why I was looking for you NSW. I knew I could count on at least one fan to appreciate my post. I even made a thread for it.

No spoken words said:

You're lucky I appreciate your sense of humor....

Was sitting here reciting the lyrics to Mandy out loud, and, 2 things jump at me:

Itunes ahoy?

Dude. My song will make you forget Mandy.

I just had deja vu.

UberBeaver said:
Overall Top Artists
1 Pixies 45
2 Death Cab for Cutie 33
3 Hüsker Dü 31
4 Led Zeppelin 28
5 David Bowie 26
6 Jane's Addiction 24
7 Human Television22
7 The Beatles 22
9 The Flaming Lips 21
9 The Replacements 21
11 The Strokes 18
12 Pink Floyd 14
13 Radiohead 13
14 Arctic Monkeys 12
14 Hum 12
16 The Arcade Fire 10
16 Barry Manilow 10 <---- YES!

I like the Phil Spektor Wall of Sound, and old motown is, I think, the greatest pop music ever written. Nothing has ever been as catchy and those people writing and performing it, so friggin talented and still so down to earth.

Replacements, nice!!!

"Come See About Me" by the Supremes is one of my alltime favorite songs, just great.

Lila64 said:

No, they are airing Classic Albums: U2-Joshua Tree. Next airing here is on Sat. morning at 11:00am PST. I taped it a couple of days ago. :drool:

Not a fanilow or Manilooney :|

That's out on dvd! I have it.

You don't know what you're missing, Lila. :sigh:

VintagePunk said:

I want it on DVD.

VP, will you be my friend, too, invite or not? Or are you pledged to Beav and Beav only?

Oh, the office is a tad.....smaller than my current one, so, I'm gonna have to shift into minimalist mode. I call it "mm", by the way.

UberBeaver said:

See my post re: the greatness of old Motown...several hours ago. Damn, I've been on a long time today.

VintagePunk said:

I watched it, and it's on my Tivo machine. I don't own it. Maybe I should just turnaround and walk right out that door. I'm not worthy of the Temple Bar :sad:

:reject:

I have 4 friends now. And only one is related to me. Oh yeah, I kick ass. :rockon:

NSW, we can be friends. Will you carry my books to school? Will it become one of those sweet, old-timey, gallant friendships?

VP - did you do up the wording for the thread yet? I know I can count on you seeing as you offered to help and all and I'm plagued by work :up: Can't wait to see what you've got..

No spoken words said:

Itunes ahoy?

You should have at least Mandy on iTunes.

Back when I was a teenager, I used to smoke a lot (not cigarettes) and my friend had a mixed tape, and the first few songs were Zeppelin. So anyways, we were babbling and the music was just in the background so we kinda weren't paying attention, and then one of those lulls in the conversation occurred, and lo and behold, Mandy by Manilow was on. I know I made a face and was like, "IS this Barry Manilow?" and he was like, "OH - This is my sister's tape." So We just sorta sat there, and after a few seconds I said, "You know, this is actually a real good tune," and I'll never forget this, his face lit up, and real fast he leaned to the radio and hit fast forward and says, "Yeah, it is, BUT YOU HAVE TO HEAR THIS ONE!" Ever since then I've liked Barry.

And even funnier, a lot of my friends ended up getting into him cause we listened to his all the time. Only potheads could get away with that.

Lila64 said:

I watched it, and it's on my Tivo machine. I don't own it. Maybe I should just turnaround and walk right out that door. I'm not worthy of the Temple Bar :sad:

:reject:

The dvd - I just happened to see it in a music store and picked it up. I think the whole series is out on dvd. We have Dark Side of the Moon, too.

Lila, don't leave. You can download the song and become a fanilow too. It's not too late. :shifty:

In fact, I think we may have lost Kat to the fanilow world.

VintagePunk said:
I have 4 friends now. And only one is related to me. Oh yeah, I kick ass. :rockon:

NSW, we can be friends. Will you carry my books to school? Will it become one of those sweet, old-timey, gallant friendships?

Do I have to do your homework for you, too?

snowbunny00774 said:
VP - did you do up the wording for the thread yet? I know I can count on you seeing as you offered to help and all and I'm plagued by work :up: Can't wait to see what you've got..

How about, "Yo, yo, we gonna do it up up in London O-N-T, sup sup? Who in? Shorty's and forty's for everyone!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom