The Temple Bar: It's Like a Cockfight, but with People - MUYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what's the point? You would just want the next day to turn into the one after that :wink:

Nah. I would like for it to be tonight after class thought. :)

It's my curse...I'm so smart it's a hinderance...:sigh:

Well, I'm smart when it comes to U2 album releases and the fact Bono talks more out his arse than most 'Pop' stars...:shrug:

I will say, even though I'm irritated by the banter...it is kinda amusing.

I'm still tired from my boy's weekend...:yawn:

An entire post without any sexual connotations... My, how we've grown. :cute:

How's it going today? Still sharing the cube with the other dude?

That's 'Snow speak' for 'shut yer pie hole'...:yes:

not exactly shut yer pie hole, but not too far off either - you're getting there Reg :heart:

hotel rooms are brutal everywhere, there is a huge sliding scale between decent but hella-expensive and cheap but oh my god don't touch anything...

I know, so maddening. and I'd do priceline but there is one hotel that keeps showing for downtown that is out near bloody pickering...:sad:
I finally managed to cajole someone into going to vfest and now I can't get the stupid hotel straight :angry:

I probably won't be needing mine either Mia, but I'd like more than a hotel chain to be the recipient if I'm giving them away :angry:

what are you looking to spend?

At this point less than $200. BW Primrose has $161, but if you have a govt. id which I don't its only $121.

My dad got intercontinental for $110 a few weeks ago on priceline - I want that :demand:

you got any tips?

I probably won't be needing mine either Mia, but I'd like more than a hotel chain to be the recipient if I'm giving them away :angry:

At this point less than $200. BW Primrose has $161, but if you have a govt. id which I don't its only $121.

My dad got intercontinental for $110 a few weeks ago on priceline - I want that :demand:

you got any tips?

living in Toronto I don't stay in too many hotels here :wink: but I've been to the Sheraton Four Points for a work event and it seemed decent, it's west of the city on Lakeshore:

Four Points Toronto Hotels: Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Lakeshore - Hotel Rooms at FourPoints.com.com

Rooms are anywhere from 135 a night and up depending on the day I am assuming...

Elfa!

Well I saw the movie back in 06 when it was out. If anything I think you would have HAD to have played the game to understand the basis. So I loved the whole ‘arriving in Silent Hill’ with the foggy atmosphere and ashes. I can tell you now, see the scene where in trying to find her daughter Rose goes down steps to some place and the sirens go? Now THAT gets my spine tingling, cause its so fooking eerie, and then within seconds it turns to dark hell. Jeesh! :yippee: I thought they done well with Pyramid Head. And as Im sure you noticed yourself, they used a similar camera action like that in SH1 game, when Harry goes down the entry finding stuff belonging to his daughter. That was cool.
Only disturbing I found was Cybil being burned on the ladder, that was AWFUL! Nurses scene was scary, you would think it may have been best to have them ‘scattered’ round, sort of one in a corner, another down a hall, like the game - but I really think it worked them standing together. I did find that scene more effective. The ending, bit of a twist, may have mainly been inevitable thou.

On the whole there is too much story to SH and I feel the movie may have been a bit rushed/not enough/unfinished, etc. People also thought Sean was a bad choice, what did you think?
I liked how the lead actress was someone pretty much NOT famous.

Sorry I can’t be more descriptive in my ‘review’ Elfa, but to be honest I’m someone who watches a movie and either enjoys it or not, I don’t go out of the way to be all detailed about how exactly I found it to be – it’s just not me. Many here are so articulate, good for them like, but I’m a *finger-snap* to the left, or a *finger-snap* to the right type person, ya know?
:D

You see the movie then?

Thoughts?

It's my curse...I'm so smart it's a hinderance...:sigh:

Well, I'm smart when it comes to U2 album releases and the fact Bono talks more out his arse than most 'Pop' stars...:shrug:

I will say, even though I'm irritated by the banter...it is kinda amusing.

I'm still tired from my boy's weekend...:yawn:

frorly-full.jpg

and

orryasian-full.jpg

been dying to use these in here this morning..LOL :giggle:

living in Toronto I don't stay in too many hotels here :wink: but I've been to the Sheraton Four Points for a work event and it seemed decent, it's west of the city on Lakeshore:

Four Points Toronto Hotels: Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Lakeshore - Hotel Rooms at FourPoints.com.com

Rooms are anywhere from 135 a night and up depending on the day I am assuming...

I got all excited and there are no rooms for sat night :(
Thanks though - I do always forget about that hotel but it looks really nice when you drive by :yes:

You see the movie then?

Thoughts?

I loved every minute of it.

I agree you have to be a fan of the games to really get it though. The imagery was fucking unreal and exactly like the game. I know what you mean about the first change over with the siren, I saw it in the theatre with my wife and when that happened all the hairs stood up on the back of my neck - it was awesome!

I really like Sean Bean but I think his character was kind of wasted - he doesn't really do much. My wife thinks there might have been some thought put into bringing him back for a sequel - it would be from his point of view trying to find his missing wife and daughter. But yeah, all the characters were spot on, the dialogue was a little over the top but I think it kinda had to be. I didn't like the way Cybill died either...

My favourite scene is probably the school sequence, when the paint peels off the walls and Colin comes out of the stall all the way to the bugs and Pyramid Head - fucking intense :love:

yeah, but the games man, Im with you on those games! The Japanese really know how to do it.

know what scares the sh*t outta me? you know hospital scene in SH2, he leaves Maria in room, and if you step out and go left to the bottom, you hear this really creepy/weird/eerie type sound that is wavy, and boy does it get me goin, esp if you play at 11pm night, dark out, room is dark and perhaps you are the only one in the house!

:eek:

yeah, but the games man, Im with you on those games! The Japanese really know how to do it.

know what scares the sh*t outta me? you know hospital scene in SH2, he leaves Maria in room, and if you step out and go left to the bottom, you hear this really creepy/weird/eerie type sound that is wavy, and boy does it get me goin, esp if you play at 11pm night, dark out, room is dark and perhaps you are the only one in the house!

:eek:

:yes:

Stereo Headphones baby! I only tried them once and it freaked me out so much I refuse to play that way again :yikes:

There is a part in the Prison where you keep hearing this deep guteral voice somewhere in the distance... I'm getting the creeps just thinking about it...

how very cool!!

I was pretty picky with my search and got these:

0 Miles
21 Friends
13 References
20 Photos
Replied: 57% 1. Matthew Pelton (profile...) Location: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Basics: Male, 26, Currently studying Free Time Management, with a minor in Life Simplifcation., Has Couch
Mission: To live a simple and happy life. To die without regret.
Last Login: Jul 17
Languages: English (Canada)Exp, GermanInt, RussianBeg

About:
Interests: "Foosball. Food. Photography. Rec sports. Indie rock. Travel (duh!)."
Music, Movies and Books: "MOVIES - Swingers, Donnie Darko, Goodfellas, Ferris Bueller, It's A Wonderful Life, Shawshank Redemption MUSIC - Broken Social Scene, Shout out out..."

0 Miles
10 Friends
9 References
2 Photos
Replied: 56% 2. Robbie Brydon (profile...) Location: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Basics: Male, 24, University student, Has Couch
Mission: 42
Last Login: 3 weeks ago
Languages: English (Canada)Exp, French (Canada)Int, PortugueseBeg

About:

0 Miles
25 Friends
37 References
11 Photos
Replied: 89% 3. Andrew Goldstein (profile...) Location: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Basics: Male, 28, student to be, Has Couch
Mission: To be the change that I wish to see in the world
Last Login: 8 hrs ago
Languages: English (Canada)Exp, French (Canada)Beg, HebrewInt

About:
Description: "I find meeting people through couchsurfing exceptionally rewarding. I like to exchange information about life and travelling over a meal. It's a wonde..."

0 Miles
13 Friends
12 References
86 Photos
Replied: 76% 4. Adam Kohn (profile...) Location: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Basics: Male, 25, I build museums. Project Manager., Has Couch
Mission: Figure out how to live comfortably across the world through making a difference.
Last Login: 3 days ago
Languages: English (Canada)Exp, FrenchBeg

About:
Description: "So mmm bio in a box. I'm trying real hard to figure out how to operate in the world, getting success while building on a world vision that isn't so b..."

0 Miles
5 Friends
5 References
2 Photos
Replied: 80% 5. Bradley McGregor (profile...) Location: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Basics: Male, 28, filmmaker/dj/promote, Has Couch
Mission: Have as many of those moments where you feel at peace with yourself as possible.
Last Login: 19 hrs ago
Languages: English (Canada)Exp

About:
Philosophy: "nothing to excess, the middle path, etc."
Interests: "abandoned buildings, adbusters, architecture, art, culture, design, documentary, eclectic tastes, electronica, events, film, free tekno, good books, h..."

0 Miles
37 Friends
28 References
46 Photos
Replied: 77% 6. Nicholas Lauder (profile...) Location: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Basics: Male, 27, Citizen, Has Couch
Mission: Travel South America Naked
Languages: English (Canada)Exp, Spanish (Mexico)Int, French (Canada)Beg, Portuguese (Brazil)Beg

About:
Description: ""I'm old enough to see behind me and young enough to feel my soul" to quote Lenny Kravitz, that's exactly how I feel at this point in my life. Living ..."

0 Miles
30 Friends
23 References
22 Photos
Replied: 100% 7. A Trini Rishi in Toronto (profile...) Location: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Basics: Male, 30, IT consultant, Definitely Has Couch!
Mission: We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our ...
Last Login: 11 hrs ago - Potwin, Kansas, United States
Languages: English (Canada)Exp, English (Trinidad)Exp, Spanish

Elfa, never tried with headphones, I was freaked out enough when playing while by myself. see when you play any fooking Hell scene, then walk out into the street at 12pm and its dark and quiet.

JAYSUS! :up:

what ya think of SH4 game? Not many fans liked it. Im still waiting for Origins.

Elfa, never tried with headphones, I was freaked out enough when playing while by myself. see when you play any fooking Hell scene, then walk out into the street at 12pm and its dark and quiet.

JAYSUS! :up:

what ya think of SH4 game? Not many fans liked it. Im still waiting for Origins.

I haven't played #4 or origins yet, what did you think of #4?

how very cool!!

I was pretty picky with my search and got these:

0 Miles
37 Friends
28 References
46 Photos
Replied: 77% 6. Nicholas Lauder (profile...) Location: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Basics: Male, 27, Citizen, Has Couch
Mission: Travel South America Naked
Languages: English (Canada)Exp, Spanish (Mexico)Int, French (Canada)Beg, Portuguese (Brazil)Beg

About:
Description: ""I'm old enough to see behind me and young enough to feel my soul" to quote Lenny Kravitz, that's exactly how I feel at this point in my life. Living ..."

sounds like a winner! :up:

well, its a bit :down: cause in the flat you are always in 1st person mode, but then you get out and about its back to 3rd. I dont know, I enjoyed it okay. just not as scary as the others. you should play it man. get it cheap and play.

the Toluca Prison is fooking insane thou - double-headed babies I call 'em!

:up:

Origins is prob the last one down for PS2, I aint bothered gettin PS3 for a while, not til price is down a bit!

well, its a bit :down: cause in the flat you are always in 1st person mode, but then you get out and about its back to 3rd. I dont know, I enjoyed it okay. just not as scary as the others. you should play it man. get it cheap and play.

the Toluca Prison is fooking insane thou - double-headed babies I call 'em!

:up:

Origins is prob the last one down for PS2, I aint bothered gettin PS3 for a while, not til price is down a bit!

it's hard to find for some reason, I'm always keeping my eyes open for used copies but I never see it here...

Have you seen any of the info for the new one on the PS3/Xbox? It looks pretty sweet, they are actually showing the transition from day to night in real time with the paint peeling off like in the movie since the next gen systems can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom