The Temple Bar - It's Christmas, Elfa, please come home - UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And you're lucky to have hot dreams about him!

So was it really busy yesterday, after all?

Oh yes those dreams are wonderful :drool: :wink:

Yesterday was hilarious. My boss booked so much extra staff cuz Boxing Day is always crazy and for the first time in Tim Hortons history it was dead on Boxing Day :lol: We cleaned every little thing in the store and had nothing to do after so we just stood around. It was so weird.

Wow, that's awesome Mia!! :yes:

One of the girl I went to Vegas with knows 'Murph', too. He seems like a nice guy :up:

Why do you think Bono has that effect on you? Maybe the more you do it, the easier it gets?

He had that effect on me the first time I met him...but I was 17 :lol:
It was in Vancouver during Zoo Tv and I was waiting outside the arena for them to appear. Bono and Edge came out, shook our hands, signed a few things and went back in. Now this is REALLY embarrassing but as soon as they entered the building, I started screaming!!! I couldn't believe I had finally met Bono after idolizing it from afar in rural Saskatchewan. Anyway, the Zoo Tv camera that followed them around everywhere on tour made a beeline for me when I started screaming and filmed the whole thing. I really hope it never sees the light of day :no:

Haha, I've no idea if that's the case. I'd rather not find out!
That's hilarious the camera caught you screaming!!! They probably thought it was great. As for the film seeing the light of day, I'm thinking you're safe.

Yesterday was hilarious. My boss booked so much extra staff cuz Boxing Day is always crazy and for the first time in Tim Hortons history it was dead on Boxing Day :lol: We cleaned every little thing in the store and had nothing to do after so we just stood around. It was so weird.

Hahaha nice! Did you have timbit fights?

Your boss should have sent you guys home early.

Btw, what happens to all the timbits at the end of the day? :hmm:

Well the boss wasn't there of course. She made all of us work and she had the day off.

All the baking gets thrown out at the end of the night. We have a midnight baker to make all the new stuff for the morning.

NOOOOO! That sucks. :( Is the megabus not an option?

I'm so mad about that situation. Airport security clearly screwed up. I see no changes on their end. Instead, now there's all this new traveling rules that inconvenience US. I didn't read anything about better training for security officers.

10 hours on a bus...Hmmm, I'll get back to you on that!

:wink:

I suppose there could be better training but this was a Dutch foul-up so how much control do they have over that :shrug:

10 hours on a bus...Hmmm, I'll get back to you on that!

:wink:

I suppose there could be better training but this was a Dutch foul-up so how much control do they have over that :shrug:

True...
Well, I'm going to stick to my pee in a can plan. I don't plan on flying until summer, though. Hopefully no one beats me to it!

That sucks you can't join us. I'm making mimosas & pancakes for breakfast (lol actually lunch) the next day.

10 hours is a long time. It was about 7 or 8 for me. I would hop on the bus that picked up around midnight, take some melatonin, put on my eye mask and ear plugs and crash. When I woke up we were in Manhattan. It made it a lot easier. I couldn't imagine being on there for 10 hours, though. Yikes.

I actually have no idea how long the trip is - I just guessed it was 10! :wink:

You'll have to post lots of pics!! Have you decided on what you'll be doing yet?

I just watched Inglorious Basterds - anyone ever see it? :love: it

Some people see films while they're actually in theaters and such.

Who let you in? :tsk:

I'm just seeing some of the previous years' films. Just saw Revolution Road :meh: and Doubt. The latter seemed rather short. I think The Wrestler should be recording tonight or in the next couple of days. I pay all this money for cable channels, and then I have to wait for what seems like forever for them to air on one of these overpriced pay channels :grumpy: I may have to cut some of those channels out in the near future :sigh:

I actually have no idea how long the trip is - I just guessed it was 10! :wink:

You'll have to post lots of pics!! Have you decided on what you'll be doing yet?

Well, you're probably not too far off!

No idea yet. We will be in the city fo' sho', but the deets are a bit fuzzy. The 2 options are Times Square, and that VT party still. One friend doesn't want to have to hold her pee for 10 hours, and she doesn't want to pay $30 to watch a football game on TV. She's going to have to compromise something, though.

If I were homeless, I'd just hang around Tim Horton's after hours :drool:

Hi Carlos :wave: (forgot to say hi back yesterday!)

Lila - The Wrestler was quite good :up:

Mia - I'd just be happy to be in NYC, I wouldn't care if I were hanging out at Grand Central Station foodcourt (which is fab,btw)

If I were homeless, I'd just hang around Tim Horton's after hours :drool:

Hi Carlos :wave: (forgot to say hi back yesterday!)

Lila - The Wrestler was quite good :up:

Mia - I'd just be happy to be in NYC, I wouldn't care if I were hanging out at Grand Central Station foodcourt (which is fab,btw)

Yeah it is kinda a shame that we just throw so much of it away when it's still edible.

So I leave on my annual Christmas hiatus, and this place turns into PLEBA II? :| :barf:

And here I thought you'd say something negative about Elfa and refuse to post in this thread because his name was in the title.

You've changed, man. You've changed.

And here I thought you'd say something negative about Elfa and refuse to post in this thread because his name was in the title.

You've changed, man. You've changed.

I try not to kick people when they're down, so I refrained from saying what I really feel about the thread title.

they hugged and kissed when they met in toronto in september.

Did.not.happen.

Well my new year's eve has been fucked. The repair company failed to tell me that they extended my service to the 31st. Fucking assholes. FUCK FUCK FUCK I'm so mad. Now I can't pick up my car until NYE, and that leaves me with absolutely no time to unload my shit in CT and get back to the city in time.

So I leave on my annual Christmas hiatus, and this place turns into PLEBA II? :| :barf:

Anyway, would like to wish everyone a belated happy holiday season. How is everyone doing?

Pleba :drool:
Happy Holidays Bomac :D

Well my new year's eve has been fucked. The repair company failed to tell me that they extended my service to the 31st. Fucking assholes. FUCK FUCK FUCK I'm so mad. Now I can't pick up my car until NYE, and that leaves me with absolutely no time to unload my shit in CT and get back to the city in time.

That sucks Mia :down:

Back
Top Bottom