The Temple Bar - It's Christmas, Elfa, please come home - UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doooooo it!
How are you doing, Lila?

Doing alright. Finished dinner a little while ago. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans,... :drool: Just lounging around. Movie may be on the schedule for tomorrow, we'll see. Maddy has some gift cards & cash, we'll see if she's saving it or ready to spend it :) Bought her some clothes online that she picked out. Luckily everything fit :)

Wow, very cool! So are these the shades with the stars on the sides?

Mine was pretty cool. I'm going a bit crazy in this house, though. I'm definitely used to a more active lifestyle. Still, I have been sleeping a lot, which I probably needed anyway, since my life has been a whirlwind all this month up until this point.

My brother gave my mom a snuggie for christmas, when she then gave to me because my dad gave her a robe (which is apparently a snuggie on backwards). So now I look like the cookie monster.

The funny part was yesterday when my dad opened his gift from my brother, which were tickets to a basketball game. It was hilarious because my dad is a superfan of this one player who is on the Utah team. The game is Utah v. DC. Anyway, earlier this week, Utah traded that player to another team, which defeated the whole purpose of my brother getting him those tickets.

Yep they're the pink lenses with the stars on the sides :D
They came with the (RED) case.

Aww I always wanted a snuggie. The commercial is hilarious but they look really comfortable.

That's funny about those tickets :lol: Hope your dad still has a good time at the game.

I'm gonna take off now and rest, I've been super busy all day.
Merry Christmas :hug:

Merry Christmas Kristen :hug:

When Maddy & I were shopping the other night, we found the softest reversible blanket ever (color=sage). We bought it for me, and she put a bow on it. We laid under it while we watched 500 Days of Summer this morning :love:

Doing alright. Finished dinner a little while ago. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans,... :drool: Just lounging around. Movie may be on the schedule for tomorrow, we'll see. Maddy has some gift cards & cash, we'll see if she's saving it or ready to spend it :) Bought her some clothes online that she picked out. Luckily everything fit :)

Oh fun! That's great the clothes fit. I'm usually concerned about online clothing purchases for that very reason. Well done!

Yep they're the pink lenses with the stars on the sides :D
They came with the (RED) case.

Aww I always wanted a snuggie. The commercial is hilarious but they look really comfortable.

That's funny about those tickets :lol: Hope your dad still has a good time at the game.

I'm gonna take off now and rest, I've been super busy all day.
Merry Christmas :hug:

Very cool, Kristen! Have a good night :)

Yeah, clothing is not my fave thing to buy online, but she knew her size pretty well, and so we were good. There's one top I bought for her & I (two different sizes). Hers looks cute, so I'm assuming mine will too :sexywink: Ended up buying several things online this year, some on Thanksgiving Day with special pricing & free freight :yippie:

Yeah, clothing is not my fave thing to buy online, but she knew her size pretty well, and so we were good. There's one top I bought for her & I (two different sizes). Hers looks cute, so I'm assuming mine will too :sexywink: Ended up buying several things online this year, some on Thanksgiving Day with special pricing & free freight :yippie:

Oh you didn't open yours yet?

New clothes, new glasses, snuggies - pics people, pics!!

:wink:

Glad to hear everyone had a good day!

:lol: oh don't you worry, i'll be taking some interesting pics with this snuggie. i plan on doing my own commercial for it.

how was your day?

Oooh! So you're going shopping all day? Do you have a game plan of what you want to get? Whatcha gettin' me? :hyper: :wink:
Glad you got to hang with the kitty, especially after the day you had yesterday!

My clone called me from Colorado about an hour ago. She said she is also getting cabin fever and has rescheduled her travel to have her arrive back in NYC the same day I get back on Tuesday. So now she's going to do NYE in NYC, too. She's also going to go bedroom shopping with me on Wednesday, so that should be fun.

Cool! Why do you call her your clone?

As for my shopping, what would you like?

I'm looking at duvets at Home Outfitters as they seem to be having a good deal. There's also a mall I'll go to as well if I can tolerate the masses.

I'm sure people are lined up outside Best Buy right now :coocoo:

Good thing about Boxing Day is that Monday's a holiday, too! :hyper:

She's my clone because, although we're not related, we are very similar in person, and have had ridiculously parallel lives.

Coffee crisp, please! I miss them.

I hadn't even heard of duvets until now. They seem toasty, though! I might consider getting one since I have to get a new bed.

Extended weekend? NICE! Have fun shopping!

Really? Maybe you have a different term for duvet in the U.S. Duvet does sound a bit too French for you guys :lol:

Have a great Boxing day, Canadians and a great-post Christmas day for everyone else! :hug:

It'll make the day go quicker!

So I had a dream about Bono last night - anyone ever get those? They're the best :drool:

And Mia, according to the following site, Americans call duvets 'quilts' (we do too sometimes)
British, Canadian and American Vocabulary

I had one the other night actually. I posted a little about it in PGP :wink:
Lets just say it involved Bono, dinner, and after dinner activity :drool:

Ooh, I'll have to search out your post - hawt!! :combust:

Mine wasn't nearly as good - in fact, I kept missing him when he'd come out of this pub to sign autographs but I did get a glimpse of him. :yawn:

(now we've done it - we've scared away the boys for good!)

Ooh, I'll have to search out your post - hawt!! :combust:

Mine wasn't nearly as good - in fact, I kept missing him when he'd come out of this pub to sign autographs but I did get a glimpse of him. :yawn:

(now we've done it - we've scared away the boys for good!)

Oh I didn't go into details on here haha.
Yes the boys are probably rolling their eyes right now

And Mia, according to the following site, Americans call duvets 'quilts' (we do too sometimes)
British, Canadian and American Vocabulary

Ah, that explains it! Yeah, we've got those. I just got a regular old comforter today. Now all I need is the bed!

Are you back from shopping already?

I've had Bono dreams before. :lol: I used to think that was how God would speak to me, because Bono would come into my dreams and just offer positive affirmation when I was having a major decision to make, usually completely unrelated to U2 or even music in general.

You should check out the link above and see how how many terms the Brits have for 'drunk' compared to the Americans and Canadians - it's hilarious!

I'm back from shopping - bought a blouse and a funky, grunge-princess skirt.

The stores were crazy busy :crazy:

That's cool about the Bono dreams - in 99% of mine, he's completely unattainable and I can't get close to him. I don't need a dream manual to figure those out :sigh:

You should check out the link above and see how how many terms the Brits have for 'drunk' compared to the Americans and Canadians - it's hilarious!

I'm back from shopping - bought a blouse and a funky, grunge-princess skirt.

The stores were crazy busy :crazy:

That's cool about the Bono dreams - in 99% of mine, he's completely unattainable and I can't get close to him. I don't need a dream manual to figure those out :sigh:

:lmao: yeah, if someone british said "i was arse-holed last night" to an american, that would have a completely different meaning!

pics of the purchases!

haha yeah, i'm like that with bono in person. the only reason i didn't run away from him in chicago (like i usually do) is because my friend told me he'd kill me if i did. plus, the crowd behind me was pushing forward, so i was stuck. instead, i snapped this photo.

7616_780922413123_6209520_44016321_1343071_n.jpg

:lmao: yeah, if someone british said "i was arse-holed last night" to an american, that would have a completely different meaning!

pics of the purchases!

haha yeah, i'm like that with bono in person. the only reason i didn't run away from him in chicago (like i usually do) is because my friend told me he'd kill me if i did. plus, the crowd behind me was pushing forward, so i was stuck. instead, i snapped this photo.

7616_780922413123_6209520_44016321_1343071_n.jpg

Wow, that's awesome! Great pic!

No, haha, by 'I can't get close to him' - trust me, it's not by choice! I just had bad luck meeting him last tour (and didn't really try this tour).

How come you normally run away from him?

Because I can't look directly at the sun!

I don't know, it's really bizarre. I've had plenty of chances to, but I usually run away. Like, physically run away.

Even in DC at the Vertigo show, he had acknowledged my friend and I a few times. I even made him snerk during WOWY. He actually tried 3 times to :hi5: us, and my friend and I pulled our hands back (she's a chicken, like me.) But, we did get a shout-out at the end of the show, so that was pretty cool.

I seriously get nervous sick around him. It's pathetic. I turn into a 12 year old Twilight fan.

Because I can't look directly at the sun!

I don't know, it's really bizarre. I've had plenty of chances to, but I usually run away. Like, physically run away.

Even in DC at the Vertigo show, he had acknowledged my friend and I a few times. I even made him snerk during WOWY. He actually tried 3 times to :hi5: us, and my friend and I pulled our hands back (she's a chicken, like me.) But, we did get a shout-out at the end of the show, so that was pretty cool.

I seriously get nervous sick around him. It's pathetic. I turn into a 12 year old Twilight fan.

I don't know whether to :hug: you or smack you upside the head!!
:wink:

Lucky girl, take advantage - did you enjoy meeting him in Chicago then?

Oh-oh, this has turned into Pleba - oh well, no one is around these days!

Yeah, the boys are gone. We can gush.

:lol: Most people smack me, or threaten to cuff me to him next time he's near.

Actually I didn't really enjoy it. I was sick to my stomach, my knees were shaking, and I felt like I would vom at any moment. He signed my friend's CD, then looked over at me, perhaps expecting me to offer him something to sign. I said nothing, and I'm sure I had a classic look on my face, so he smiled. I snapped the picture as he moved on to sign something from someone next to me.

That guy behind him is Brian, his security. I :heart: that man! I actually got to sit down and chill with him for a bit. Bono & fam were at a function in DC, and my friends and I went. Anyway, Bono & fam flew home to Dublin that night, and brought some extra friends with them. So, Bono told Brian there wasn't any room for him on the flight, and he had to stay the night and fly in the next day. :lol: Anyway, that worked out for us, because I had absolutely no problem talking to that man! We did for quite some time, too. I got a pic out of it, and a shoulder squeeze. He even told me that next time I went to a function, to talk to him, and he'd try and get me to meet Bono (HA! As if I'd ever do that.) and that he would remember me. :love:

He didn't lie, either! I saw him at TO2 this year and recounted the event to him, and he said he did remember me! :love: :love: :love:

Wow, that's awesome Mia!! :yes:

One of the girl I went to Vegas with knows 'Murph', too. He seems like a nice guy :up:

Why do you think Bono has that effect on you? Maybe the more you do it, the easier it gets?

He had that effect on me the first time I met him...but I was 17 :lol:
It was in Vancouver during Zoo Tv and I was waiting outside the arena for them to appear. Bono and Edge came out, shook our hands, signed a few things and went back in. Now this is REALLY embarrassing but as soon as they entered the building, I started screaming!!! I couldn't believe I had finally met Bono after idolizing it from afar in rural Saskatchewan. Anyway, the Zoo Tv camera that followed them around everywhere on tour made a beeline for me when I started screaming and filmed the whole thing. I really hope it never sees the light of day :no:

Back
Top Bottom