The Temple Bar: It’s all the same, only the names will change...UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
I had a c-section too, and things didn't go well, but they weren't that bad. I had the IV drip to induce me, I remember it being incredibly painful (not nearly as bad as you though :yikes: ), but it didn't work. The horrifying part for me was the spinal - it went up too far, and I was frozen up to my chin, couldn't feel myself breathe, and I was panicking. They were going to knock me out, but the anesthetist said no, she'd talk me through it. They put one of those things over my mouth to pump air into my lungs. They told me after that there was meuconium (sp??) there, too.

:yikes: Holy jesus.

VintagePunk said:
Wow, just read your ZC post. :hug: :(

I had a c-section too, and things didn't go well, but they weren't that bad. I had the IV drip to induce me, I remember it being incredibly painful (not nearly as bad as you though :yikes: ), but it didn't work. The horrifying part for me was the spinal - it went up too far, and I was frozen up to my chin, couldn't feel myself breathe, and I was panicking. They were going to knock me out, but the anesthetist said no, she'd talk me through it. They put one of those things over my mouth to pump air into my lungs. They told me after that there was meuconium (sp??) there, too.

It was awful. :( And that's why I only have one child. :lol: And, I really, really feel terrible for you. :hug:

That's not the PTSD story, though. That's something different.

hey pain is pain..it all hurts:crazy: especially that!

:yikes: god I am glad I didn't even know they could put a spinal too high..that sounds scary! Not feeling yourself breath must be terrifying!

It was brutal. My arms were paralyzed, and they had to strap them down. The last few minutes when they were finishing the stitches, it was starting to wear off, and I could feel it a bit. They asked me if I wanted more anaesthetic, and I was like "NO!!!! :yikes: I would have rather felt everything than go through that again. :|

Dis, the thing with spinals are that they are a one-shot dose of the anaesthetic, as opposed to an epidural, where the medication is administered slowly and consistently throughout the surgery. The reason they use spinals is mainly for emergencies, because it takes faster. So, if you decide to have another child, you'll probably know in advance that you're having a c-section, and this time you can have an epidural. :up:

VintagePunk said:
All I kept hearing for ages after is "oh, you'll forget the trauma of childbirth, and want to do it again!" I never did. I remember it like it was yesterday. :|

F-that! I will NEVER forget it...that is said by people who never have kids.

my hospital doesn't do epi's. Thankfully mine went in smooth or they were going to have to put me out. I was so relieved to get it I cried.:| I was strapped down though, it didn't bug me that much..I was just so relieved it was over.

we plan on having like 4 kids:crazy:

Dismantled said:

F-that! I will NEVER forget it...that is said by people who never have kids.

my hospital doesn't do epi's. Thankfully mine went in smooth or they were going to have to put me out. I was so relieved to get it I cried.:| I was strapped down though, it didn't bug me that much..I was just so relieved it was over.

we plan on having like 4 kids:crazy:

I take it he offered to have at least two of them? :angry: :lol:

VintagePunk said:
All I kept hearing for ages after is "oh, you'll forget the trauma of childbirth, and want to do it again!" I never did. I remember it like it was yesterday. :|

I've passed two kidney stones, and was told that doing so was just as bad, if not worse, than childbirth. A friend of mine who has two kids had a stone a few years back and told me it was worse than having her kids. :yikes:

So I think if that's the case, having kids will be cake. :p

All this childbirth talk is kinda freaking me out. :lol: I've been in pretty horrific pain before, but that was probably nowhere near as intense.

I have always wanted to have kids, but sometimes I just don't know.

ThoraSEB said:
All this childbirth talk is kinda freaking me out. :lol: I've been in pretty horrific pain before, but that was probably nowhere near as intense.

I have always wanted to have kids, but sometimes I just don't know.

it's worth it Thora:hug: I'd actually do it over again right now just for that little guy napping in his bouncy seat:hug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I take it he offered to have at least two of them? :angry: :lol:

:lmao:

he better:angry:

:wink:

I actually wouldn't trade that experience (as horrific and painful as it was) for anything..it's such an amazing feeling.

Dismantled said:

it's worth it Thora:hug: I'd actually do it over again right now just for that little guy napping in his bouncy seat:hug:

That's what I've heard so many times. :)

I do really want to have one or two some day.

I still say if it was scientifically possible make him have one. :wink:

Ok, I've closed out of the dating sites. It looks as if I'm doomed here - they all look like the type that wants a woman who'll ride the four wheelers. Damn it. :crack:

four wheelers huh...:hmm: are you looking for men in my state?:lol:

Dismantled said:

four wheelers huh...:hmm: are you looking for men in my state?:lol:

Heh :lol:

All I would like is a good guy who makes a decent living (I'm not looking for Rockefeller and I don't need all the finer things in life - enough to pay the bills and have enough left over to have a little fun is all I ask), is mostly happy with his life, likes animals, isn't afraid of a book, likes to have a good time, who will treat me as an equal and who won't play games.

Apparently that's asking for the world around some parts. :angry:

No spoken words said:
Oh, and Phil, I know you were being sarcastic, trust me. I'm from The Bronx, sarcasm is my first language.

Don't be fooled by the rocks that he's got. he's stil he's still Mike from the block. Used to have a little now he has a lot. Rest assured that he knows where he came from...

THE BRONX!

J-lo has left the building.

snowbunny00774 said:

I don't like when men wear really pointy shoes, no matter how fashionable it is

They do that to make their feet look bigger. :yes:

Dis if you'd like to change your mind about wanting 4 I'll share my stories. They'll scare you out of pregnancy.

I was called for a job interview! one I actually want even

terrified :crazy: :hyper:

redkat said:

They do that to make their feet look bigger. :yes:

Dis if you'd like to change your mind about wanting 4 I'll share my stories. They'll scare you out of pregnancy.

I was called for a job interview! one I actually want even

terrified :crazy: :hyper:

feel free to share redkat:hug:

Got Philk? said:

Or possibly men from a place known as the UP(upper penninsula, MI). I think a four wheeler is pretty much equal to a Mercedes or BMW up there.

Phil knows what I'm talking about!

I know men who go up north quite frequently. Apparently a woman who will ride those are their dream women.

A GA line is about as dirty as I'm willing to get when it comes to the outdoors, thank you very much! :tongue:

A GA line is about as dirty as I'm willing to get when it comes to the outdoors, thank you very much! :tongue:

Yeah, before this tour, I underestimated my ability to sleep comfortably on concrete. And yet you wouldn't get me camping in a million years.

All I would like is a good guy who makes a decent living (I'm not looking for Rockefeller and I don't need all the finer things in life - enough to pay the bills and have enough left over to have a little fun is all I ask), is mostly happy with his life, likes animals, isn't afraid of a book, likes to have a good time, who will treat me as an equal and who won't play games.

most ridiculous thing I've ever heard :cute: :lolinghysterically:

I'll have a moon and some stars to go with that :drool:

I hope everyone's luck changes soon. We'll get you in a better state (or province) of mind in a couple of weeks LMPA.

Kat - :fingerscrossed: I hope you get this one.

Beav - did you call today? can they even tell you if they have been sent? Perhaps you should call the scottish embassy and see what they have to say?

VP - What I meant to say last night was that I will have your cherry garcia waiting for you :) I'll do whatever I can to get you guys out of your slumps.

btw - I'm never ever flying into EWR again (unless I have to of course, I'm just making a useless stand). Delay of two hrs. NYC doesn't want me to come, but then when I force my way and it realizes how great I am it doesn't want me to leave :cute::killintheface:

Hi Dis and everyone else :wave:

VintagePunk said:

Yeah, before this tour, I underestimated my ability to sleep comfortably on concrete. And yet you wouldn't get me camping in a million years.

Amen to that, sister! :hi5:

The only way a guy could get me to go camping was if he told me a U2 show was at the end of the line when all was said and done.

And if we could have sex comfortably in a sleeping bag, or anywhere outdoors without risk of catching poison ivy or having wild animals see us naked.

I'm KIDDING:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom