The Temple Bar: It’s all the same, only the names will change...UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
Another random question - not to interrupt your convo about make-out/SF music or anything - but Snow, do you know anyone who knows anything about sw Ont antique dealers?

killjoy.

what type of antiques. and don't say old ones.

It's mostly smaller stuff. It's from an elderly relative's estate, she was old herself, 94, plus she'd been into collecting antiques for years. I hired someone to do an appraisal, but none of us (me, my mom and my sister) knew wtf we were doing, so we just sort of split it all up. This was in 2000, and I have boxes of stuff in my basement gathering dust, and i want to go through it, decide what I want to keep (very little hopefully cause I have no room), and get rid of the rest. I have two of her occasional tables, victorian era, that I've incorporated into my house, so i want to keep those, and I also have a set of gorgeous victorian china, a fairly rare pattern from Limoges Elite Works that I'm keeping, unless I was offered a ton for it. Soooo pretty. :drool:

I just want to go to a dealer who will give me a fair price.

VintagePunk said:
Limoges Elite Works that I'm keeping, unless I was offered a ton for it. Soooo pretty. :drool:

Is it complete? :drool: I'm not so much into Limoges china as some other stuff :drool:

I can't think of anyone off hand but I"ll ask a friend that will know. Do you have many dealers in Btown?

There are several here, good reps. You should take pics of the stuff and bring them to at least get started.

snowbunny00774 said:

Is it complete? :drool: I'm not so much into Limoges china as some other stuff :drool:

I can't think of anyone off hand but I"ll ask a friend that will know. Do you have many dealers in Btown?

There are several here, good reps. You should take pics of the stuff and bring them to at least get started.

The china set is complete, place settings for 10, plus tons of accessories and extras.

Not many right here, but quite a few in smaller towns close to here, like St. George and Paris. I know there are a ton of dealers in the Stratford area, too.

See, I don't even know how to go about it. Do I pack the boxes into my car and go from shop to shop like a travelling salesman? :huh: Not appealing at all. :clueless:

I really am a killjoy, aren't I? :happy:

Okay, back to your regular sexual programming. :slinksaway:

I would suggest (being completely clueless so ignore me) that you take two or three pics of each item, profile, markings, as part of a set if they are, and put them in an album. Then take the album to the dealers / don't know what I'm talking about.

London has some good auction houses too - that might be worth investigating. It would be in their best interest to get you a good price I would think.

VintagePunk said:
Auction houses, never even thought of that. :hmm: Thanks!

Pictures/compiling a photo album should be my project for this weekend. :busybeaver: :up:

Hopefully that works well.

busybeaver to replace uberbeaver : full story at 11.

Good evening :wave:

Mr fah and I went to see the Die Harder movie tonight ~ it was ok.

It's sometimes hard to watch police type shows and not laugh out loud at some of the techinical flaws but the some of the special effects were quite fabulous

Back
Top Bottom