The Temple Bar: Is there anybody alive out there UYFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
No longer must you wander aimlessly in search of free drinks.

That's right folks! While the Octagon may be long gone or simply dormant in the darkest depths of the Lemonade Stand, there's a new club on the scene. We have some fresh competition in the neighbourhood!

It may or may not be a giant lemon.

It's the cool new place everyone is talking about...

The Temple bar.....Would you join us?

~ Bri, Zootle n' Friends

templebar.jpg

You Googled the song, and you still didn't get the lyrics right??

:shame:

Tropical storm is picking up here. It absolutely killed business at work, so I'm home early to watch the 2nd half of the football game :hyper: I just hope the power doesn't go out.

I just did a little math...I can graduate at the end of this term with a BA Concentration in History instead of a BA Major in History. If I went for the Major, I'd have to take an overload this term and next term (normal course load is 5 classes. Right now, I'm in 6. One of those is a full year class, so if I drop my second term I'd be dropping my full-year class from this term too, so I'd be taking a normal course load this term). So I'd be working my ass off both terms, and then I'd have to take two more classes either in the summer or next fall. Best case scenario if I stay in, I graduate in October '08. Worst case (if I fail a class or choose to work in the summer and finish in the fall), I'd be waiting until May '09 to graduate.

My other option is to declare a three-year concentration. I'd be done in December, could pick up my degree in May, and start working to pay off my loan and save up for music school right away. I'd also be able to start that earlier, and get the hell out of Halifax a lot sooner.

The difference between three or four year degree won't matter much in terms of my career, since I have to go to production school anyways and that would be what gets me a job, not a BA in History. And I'm really beyond sick of school at this point. I don't like Dalhousie, I don't really enjoy the program I'm in and so I'm not applying myself and doing as well as I probably could, because I just don't have the motivation. I can't wait to get to music production school and do something I'll actually enjoy, and at this point it doesn't really seem all that valuable to me to stay in for another 5 credits, throw another $5000 (and go even further into debt) at a school I don't want to be a part of to get an education I'm not getting the most out of. I really just want to get on with my life.

This is a hell of a big decision, though, and it needs to be taken by the end of Monday (the last day to apply to graduate in May). Anybody have any ideas or thoughts or advice?

:confused:

dave is it possible to graduate without a major? i'm not too familiar with the canadian higher ed system. over here you have to have a major. some schools have an "interdisciplinary studies" major where you in essence have 3 minors/concentrations. they could be a combination of anything.

unico said:
dave is it possible to graduate without a major? i'm not too familiar with the canadian higher ed system. over here you have to have a major. some schools have an "interdisciplinary studies" major where you in essence have 3 minors/concentrations. they could be a combination of anything.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about. I wouldn't have what's technically a "major", but I'd have a "concentration". The difference is a major is a 4-year degree (20 credits) while a concentration is a 3-year degree (15 credits). For me though, the difference is 4.5 vs. 3.5.

Dave, I don't have any good advice, sorry.

When I went to university, my major was in Psychology, I got a minor in Sociology, and a concentration in Social Work. :nerd:

well dave, i can't really give good advice, being not too familiar with the system. but i highly suggest talking it through with an advisor. he/she can help you make the right deicison for yourself :)

me v. cabdriver

"I will fuck you up with my google skills"

true story :drunk:

I gotta redraft my last draft :(

have you picked a school or classes beav? what's the next step?

Okay y'all. I'm going to bed, but I thought I'd pop in here to say that SNL was awesome, my back hurts, and there's too many damn clocks in this house. I felt like a mouse or something running around in the semi-dark turning them all back.

Night guys :wave:

Back
Top Bottom