The Temple Bar: Is there anybody alive out there UYFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Straight drama, but, definitely some lighthearted moments in there...but it's not dramedy.

It's a close look at the police vs. drug dealers in Baltimore...at least for season 1 and 3. 2 deals with that and the harbor. 4 slowly veers off and is the best season of TV I've ever experienced.

It's a slow build, VP, it's not gonna wow you right out of the gate...but it slowly garners your attention, and, basically, plays like a 13 episode movie for each season.

What's Deadwood? Is that a western, or am I thinking of something else?

Has anyone watched Dexter? I have a love-hate relationship with that show, unlike anything I've ever watched before.

Wow, Ok, you guys have a lot of programs we don't have in NZ....

:(

*feeling lost and left out in TV land*

No spoken words said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadwood_(TV_series)

I watched Dexter last season. Feel the same as you about it, as it turns out.

I posted a rant about it in ZS last week. So much about it bugs the shit out of me, and yet I can't stop watching. I seriously cringe every time the sister character comes on screen.

I'm far from the most discerning tv viewer ever. But I can't stop watching. I don't know.

Gluey, most of the ones we're talking about (all?) originate on US cable stations. Many, but not all, eventually make their way up to Canada....and then many Canadians have illegal US satellite (I don't), so I either find them online, or rent/buy the dvds.

sorry to hear that, Pfan. :(

phillyfan26 said:
133, Bar.

Cut from the basketball team.

I got cut one year. I burned down the gym and beat the coach in the parking. But I worked hard all year in juvie and I made Varsity next year. There's always hope, buddy.

Sorry, man. But just think of all the free time you got now - silver linings! Keep practicing and try again next year.

I've never heard of Daxter.

VintagePunk said:

I posted a rant about it in ZS last week. So much about it bugs the shit out of me, and yet I can't stop watching. I seriously cringe every time the sister character comes on screen.

I'm far from the most discerning tv viewer ever. But I can't stop watching. I don't know.

Gluey, most of the ones we're talking about (all?) originate on US cable stations. Many, but not all, eventually make their way up to Canada....and then many Canadians have illegal US satellite (I don't), so I either find them online, or rent/buy the dvds.

sorry to hear that, Pfan. :(

Exactly...the sister is cringe worthy....but, other aspects of the show are almost hypnotic to me....though, I've fallen behind this season, but, Tivo has my back.

I'm actually not that sad about it. I was guessing I'd get cut from the way things were going. The only person of my size that's still with the team is (drum roll please) the coach's own son.

My freshmen brother made the junior varsity team, though, which makes it a little bit worse. The only thing he does better than me is jump shoot, but they lack shooting, so they kept him.

License test on the 30th. :drool:

UberBeaver said:

I've never heard of Daxter.

Dexter is an American television drama series based on the novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay and adapted for television by Emmy Award-winning screenwriter James Manos, Jr.. The show premiered on the premium cable network Showtime on 1 October 2006 and has since enjoyed wide critical acclaim.

The show stars Michael C. Hall as title character Dexter Morgan, a Miami-based serial killer, who works for the Miami Metro Police Department as a blood spatter analyst.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_(TV_series)

No spoken words said:

Exactly...the sister is cringe worthy....but, other aspects of the show are almost hypnotic to me....though, I've fallen behind this season, but, Tivo has my back.

It's the blood, isn't it? :drool:

:shifty:

Have you read the novels? I haven't.

VintagePunk said:

That was part of my rant, that would NEVER happen in a work place. :mad:

And the sister? SO not hot.

She's not hot, she's not funny, not interesting, and not well acted. Was it wrong to be rooting for her to die last season?

No spoken words said:

She's not hot, she's not funny, not interesting, and not well acted. Was it wrong to be rooting for her to die last season?

I know! I was all "go, Ice Truck Killer!" But alas...

The problem with the cop, we're never shown the motivation for his suspicions. Other than just 'instinct'? Gimme a break.

I'm anxious to hear your take on this season's storyline.

I need Tivo. It's not available up here, but if it was, I'd so be Tivo's bitch. :(

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my time. All of my buddies have sports (1 in basketball, 2 in wrestling, 2 in hockey), so I'm really going to be by myself a lot during the winter. With this car thing, though, who knows what I'll do? That's where I'm at right now.

The only anger I have is that two kids made it that have absolutely no right being there. Completely ridiculous choices. But, hey, what can you do?

(Although, that growth spurt thing can't happen soon enough.)

VintagePunk said:

I know! I was all "go, Ice Truck Killer!" But alas...

The problem with the cop, we're never shown the motivation for his suspicions. Other than just 'instinct'? Gimme a break.

I'm anxious to hear your take on this season's storyline.

I need Tivo. It's not available up here, but if it was, I'd so be Tivo's bitch. :(

Whose bitch are you, then, currently?

If/when I progress with Dexter, I'll circle back and we can compare notes....

phillyfan26 said:
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my time. All of my buddies have sports (1 in basketball, 2 in wrestling, 2 in hockey), so I'm really going to be by myself a lot during the winter. With this car thing, though, who knows what I'll do? That's where I'm at right now.

The only anger I have is that two kids made it that have absolutely no right being there. Completely ridiculous choices. But, hey, what can you do?

(Although, that growth spurt thing can't happen soon enough.)

Maybe you can support your buddies at their games now and then?

phillyfan26 said:

You can be the guy who uses his newfound driving skillz to pick up chicks, while the other guys are developing athlete's foot, and showering with other naked dudes. FTW. :hi5:

Back
Top Bottom