The Temple Bar: Is there anybody alive out there UYFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:

Bowie is great. The one when Bret and Germaine meet the bakery chicks and sing the French song is probably my favorite though.

"Bret, if I don't climax, I might not be able to have babies."
"Oh, I didn't know that."
"Yeah, it's pretty much common knowledge."

"She's a sniper? In Iraq? And she works in a pastry shop?"
"Well...yes."

Haven't gotten to that one yet.

Mia, it makes you smarter than the rabble in here.

Bret from FOTC is a LOTR cult hero. He has a small, non-speaking scene or two in Fellowship, then 2 lines in ROTK. His character was dubbed FIGWIT, for "Frodo is Great....Who is that?". Interesting. Well, sorry, interesting if you're a total fucking dork.

<----total fucking dork.

No spoken words said:
Bret from FOTC is a LOTR cult hero. He has a small, non-speaking scene or two in Fellowship, then 2 lines in ROTK. His character was dubbed FIGWIT, for "Frodo is Great....Who is that?". Interesting. Well, sorry, interesting if you're a total fucking dork.

<----total fucking dork.

:hyper: that's awesome!

I just watched FOTC episode 5, Sally Returns last night.

Speaking of Bowie guesting on shows, have any of you ever seen the Ricky Gervais/Stephen Merchant gem Extras? :drool: :drool: I just finished that last night. It runs for two six episode series, just like The Office. And in Dec, they're having a special...again, just like TO.

VERY funny, I recommend it. :up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extras_(TV_series)

VintagePunk said:
I just watched episode 5, Sally Returns last night.

Speaking of Bowie guesting on shows, have any of you ever seen the Ricky Gervais/Stephen Merchant gem Extras? :drool: :drool: I just finished that last night. It runs for two six episode series, just like The Office. And in Dec, they're having a special...again, just like TO.

lol, I love the Little Fatman Song.

Yep. All of season 1, and I started but never finished season 2, cause I'm a moron and forgot all about it. I got to the Orlando Bloom episode. That was great. Actually, I stopped right after his first show on the sitcom aired.

Can I put an order in for some Guinness......:evil: I'm gonna start drinking to my bionicness this weekend!!!! Watch out world......If your lucky there may be some :drunk: posts....:shifty:

VintagePunk said:
I just watched FOTC episode 5, Sally Returns last night.

I watched this series from the jump and loved it. Loved both seasons.

UberBeaver said:
Yep. All of season 1, and I started but never finished season 2, cause I'm a moron and forgot all about it. I got to the Orlando Bloom episode. That was great. Actually, I stopped right after his first show on the sitcom aired.

I just about peed myself laughing at the Orlando Bloom thing, because Maggie's reaction to him is pretty much the same as mine.

You really need to catch up. An episode or two later is the Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) episode.

I loved Kate Winslett in it, too.

I'm also hoping to get the last two seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm this weekend. That series actually does air here, on Showcase, or Bravo or something, but I never know when it's on.

Why hello, NSW.

I'm at the end of season 4. I think I caught a couple of episodes of season 6 (or was it 5? not sure) on tv when it aired, the storyline where he was trying to get the transplant. It was a kidney for Richard Lewis, right? It was so long ago, I've forgotten.

I tend to have this misguided loyalty for tv shows. Even when they go downhill, I continue watching.

I stuck with it for all of last season, hoping it would get better, but it didn't. That's just my opinion, though, there are people I know that disagree. Yes, a lot of it revolved around Lewis' kidney transplant. It just, to me, fell over the line that it usually straddles so well, between uncomfortable but really funny, and just mean spirited.

I'm a pretty loyal guy, normally, but, not in this instance. I still talk to Beav despite him being a complete and utter jackass. That's loyalty, M'lady.

I really need to start conserving my dvds and not blow through a half a season of a series in one night, given the strike, and that in a week or so, there'll be nothing on tv. :(

So, you're a huge Wire fan. Should I get that? Anything else? I was thinking of Rescue Me, as well.

VP, you will never hear me recommend a show more strongly than the Wire. Beav watched seasons 1-3, and some of 4, and loved it. So, if a dog-horse like him liked it, imagine someone how much someone with refined sensibilities would enjoy it?

UberBeaver said:
I like Curb, it has it's moments, but all in all, I just found it too annoying to get into. I'll only watch it if I'm with people that like. I turn it off if I'm alone. I'm a follower. :(

That surprises me, I would have guessed that you'd be a fan of that show.

NSW, that'll be my next one to check out, then. :up: Is it a straight drama? I only vaguely know what it's about.

Back
Top Bottom