The Temple Bar - Invade Canada? Then you get the snow, too...UYMFA - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #31
Blue Crack Addict
 
Drea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tangled in my yarn stash
Posts: 22,528
Local Time: 02:46 AM
No it isn't, unless I missed something last night while freaking out a bit about my mom being in the hospital (very mild heart attack, she's going to be okay)
__________________

__________________
8 shows, 7 cities, 2 countries, 1 40th birthday and a crapload of friends: my U2011


Drea is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #32
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 02:46 AM
Oh, wow. I hope she gets well! It's because the Leafs won a game, isn't it?



Anyway, Mia is obviously everyone's favourite Interferencer, so we're congratulating her on this fact!
__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #33
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Drea
No it isn't, unless I missed something last night while freaking out a bit about my mom being in the hospital (very mild heart attack, she's going to be okay)
sorry to hear about your mom, Drea i'm glad she's going to be okay. that must've been a crap night. were you able to rest at all?
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:40 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict
 
Drea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tangled in my yarn stash
Posts: 22,528
Local Time: 02:46 AM
No, she's not much of a hockey fan However, her days of shovelling the driveway are now over, and Dad's going to be investing in a snowblower (My parents live 3 hrs away from here)

How bad is Montreal getting snow, or is the storm not that far east?
__________________
8 shows, 7 cities, 2 countries, 1 40th birthday and a crapload of friends: my U2011


Drea is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #35
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 02:46 AM
I'm not sure. I live in a basement apartment and my window is completely covered with snow, so I can't see the street. And I'm too lazy to poke my head outside.

Ah, what the heck. I'll go look.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict
 
Drea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tangled in my yarn stash
Posts: 22,528
Local Time: 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico
sorry to hear about your mom, Drea i'm glad she's going to be okay. that must've been a crap night. were you able to rest at all?

I was, thanks I didn't find out until almost 9pm last night, and she'd been in hospital since about 5:30am... They'd done all sorts of tests and stuff by that point so they knew there was no damage - the doctor called it "a blip" - and Mom being Mom didn't want to worry my sister and I until they knew what was going on She's having an angioplasty done in London on Tues, and if she needs a shunt or something they'll do it right then


I called her about 2 hrs ago and she sounded good, just like normal Kept repeating she was going to be fine and joking about having to give Dad a list of stuff to bring from home for her *g*
__________________
8 shows, 7 cities, 2 countries, 1 40th birthday and a crapload of friends: my U2011


Drea is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #37
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:46 PM
Drea, wow, sorry about all of that, but, so glad that she is ok.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #38
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 02:46 AM
Ok, first, it's not recommended to step outside in joggers and a t-shirt.

The snow is accumulating, but it looks like the storm hasn't fully hit us yet. I imagine the snow will really start piling on by mid-afternoon.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #39
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Drea



I was, thanks I didn't find out until almost 9pm last night, and she'd been in hospital since about 5:30am... They'd done all sorts of tests and stuff by that point so they knew there was no damage - the doctor called it "a blip" - and Mom being Mom didn't want to worry my sister and I until they knew what was going on She's having an angioplasty done in London on Tues, and if she needs a shunt or something they'll do it right then


I called her about 2 hrs ago and she sounded good, just like normal Kept repeating she was going to be fine and joking about having to give Dad a list of stuff to bring from home for her *g*
your mom is awesome maybe when the weather subsides you can go visit her.
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #40
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 02:46 AM
When Interference meets real life:

My Facebook status reads: I am so-ooooooo fed up of winter.

Someone sent me a message asking what was up with the hyphenated so-oooo.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict
 
Drea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tangled in my yarn stash
Posts: 22,528
Local Time: 02:46 AM
BoMac: you live in a place that gets a hell of a lot more of a winter than TO, you should know better

It was snowing harder here when I got up this morning - and windier - than when I went to bed last night... wouldn't be surprised if we end up with more snow than predicted.
__________________
8 shows, 7 cities, 2 countries, 1 40th birthday and a crapload of friends: my U2011


Drea is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #42
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Drea
BoMac: you live in a place that gets a hell of a lot more of a winter than TO, you should know better

It was snowing harder here when I got up this morning - and windier - than when I went to bed last night... wouldn't be surprised if we end up with more snow than predicted.
Sorry.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #43
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoManiac
When Interference meets real life:

My Facebook status reads: I am so-ooooooo fed up of winter.

Someone sent me a messages asking what was up with the hyphenated so-oooo.
did you tell them you are moving up to atlanta, germany?
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #44
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico


did you tell them you are moving up to atlanta, germany?
That depends on how bad the winters are over there.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 02:46 AM
Afternoon Bar!

Drea, I am sorry you went thru all that with your mom but very happy to hear she is doing better..
__________________

__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com