The Temple Bar - Invade Canada? Then you get the snow, too...UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dalton,

I was listening to the radio the other morning on my way in to work, and on the station I had on, they had a battle of the sexes contest. The guy's name was Dalton. :lol: It was pretty amusing.

Dalton said:
U2Dem, I want your thoughts on the Obama speech and what you think it does for the race.

now.

I thought it was a monumental speech, and he embodies the need to put someone in a position of leadership that can move us forward, rather thatn keep us static. If he wanted to be politically safe and appease nervous whites, he would have thrown Rev. White under the bus. He did not do that, he took a risk, but by doing so he showed dignity.

He also wrote it all himself...think about that. Many of the greatest speeches in the past were written by speechwriters, but these were his own words. A man with such depth of thought is more than ready to lead this country.

As for what it does for the race, it solidifies those who already supported him, for those on the fence, it depends on how satisfied they are with his disavowing of Rev. Wright's comments without completely severing his relationship with Rev. Wright. The impact on the race is yet to be seen.

In sum, today was a historic moment, we have never seen someone talk so frankly or wisely about race, it showed Obama's faith and confidence in the American people, and I can only hope the American people return the favor to him.

U2democrat said:

I thought it was a monumental speech, and he embodies the need to put someone in a position of leadership that can move us forward, rather thatn keep us static. If he wanted to be politically safe and appease nervous whites, he would have thrown Rev. White under the bus. He did not do that, he took a risk, but by doing so he showed dignity.

He also wrote it all himself...think about that. Many of the greatest speeches in the past were written by speechwriters, but these were his own words. A man with such depth of thought is more than ready to lead this country.

As for what it does for the race, it solidifies those who already supported him, for those on the fence, it depends on how satisfied they are with his disavowing of Rev. Wright's comments without completely severing his relationship with Rev. Wright. The impact on the race is yet to be seen.

In sum, today was a historic moment, we have never seen someone talk so frankly or wisely about race, it showed Obama's faith and confidence in the American people, and I can only hope the American people return the favor to him.

Thank ya, my dear.

I loved that speech, and think it only solidifies what he is as a candidate... A great leader... I truly admire him for taking risks, speaking frankly like he did.. This is the type of person we need in the White House... a change is gonna come... and he is gonna lead the way...
I also, didn't know that he wrote that speech by himself.. that just got even more of my respect... :wink:

I was sort of on the fence on who I think I want to vote for but tonite just confirmed that he is who we need as the next president...

I am with you Laura... :up:

Oh I don't underestimate it at all, I'm in a pretty prestigious leadership program here at my university.

But part of that leadership program is mandatory speakers...and frankly while the media is salivating over Obama and I have a 10 page paper due I'd rather not be listening to an author of one of my textbooks :shrug:

I don't think he can close the gap in PA...Clinton will probably win by about 15 points, but no matter what she does she can't catch up in the pledged delegate count.

Following PA on May 6 are Indiana and North Carolina, which should go heavily Obama and probably negate whatever happens in PA, so we're back at square 1.

This speech today probably really helped Obama with the superdelegates. By the end of May he should have the lead in both the popular vote and delegate count, throw in this speech and you should see a tidal wave of superdelegates going in his direction to help him lock this thing up.

U2democrat said:
I don't think he can close the gap in PA...Clinton will probably win by about 15 points, but no matter what she does she can't catch up in the pledged delegate count.

Following PA on May 6 are Indiana and North Carolina, which should go heavily Obama and probably negate whatever happens in PA, so we're back at square 1.

This speech today probably really helped Obama with the superdelegates. By the end of May he should have the lead in both the popular vote and delegate count, throw in this speech and you should see a tidal wave of superdelegates going in his direction to help him lock this thing up.

God, I hope so. I'm going to be really turned off if he doesn't get this nomination.

I know that you know this already, but you are one heck of a kid*. Equal parts brains and passion. I like that. If my daughter turns out to be like you, I will consider myself a very lucky dad.

* meant in the best possible and least derogatory way

Aww well thank you Dalton :hug:

I'm sure you will raise your daughter well, especially if you can tell her about the day America took a step forward in supporting someone like Barack Obama :up:

I heard he was satan himself...could it beee....SATAN?!?!?!

churchladylg5.jpg

I like the 2nd one better.

If you haven't already you should check out the store at Obama's website. They have awesome t-shirts there and 100% of the proceeds go to the campaign :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom