The Temple Bar - Introducing our band: Sexual Chocolate - UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shifty:

IMG_5707.jpg

IMG_5700.jpg

IMG_5705.jpg

Hey, ya'all :wave: Just finished watching the fireworks from my balcony. Stampede is finally over, though we did have some fun there last night.. Hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend.

So far.. better. It was a little crappy beginning of Saturday, mostly because my stupid head wouldn't shut up. Better now.

Good stuff :up: Sometimes you have to shut all that off and be in the moment :)

I'd say Andrei Markov, but he can barely speak English (or French, for that matter). To be honest, I can't think of anyone else that might fit the bill, so I think they may go without a captain for this year, at least.

First New York, then the world...

Timmies takes Manhattan! New stores open in NYC

Canadian doughnuts are set to take over the Big Apple as a dozen Tim Hortons locations, many as early as today, open across New York City.

13/07/2009 10:31:50 AM

160_tim_hortons_060321.jpg

CTV.ca News Staff

The new locations, 10 scattered throughout Manhattan and two in Brooklyn, were converted over the weekend from Dunkin' Donuts stores.
Nine of the 10 Manhattan shops opened today.

"New Yorkers are savvy customers, they understand good value and quality, and are prepared to try new things," David Clanachan, chief operations officer, U.S. and International, for Tim Hortons Inc. said in a statement.

"We are focused on earning the loyalty of New Yorkers and adding them to the millions of people who make Tim Hortons their daily stop for breakfast, lunch and snack times."

New York media were buzzing about the news over the weekend in advance of today's openings.

The New York Daily News described the chain to its readers as being "famed in Canada for its maple-glazed donuts and 'double double' coffee with two creams, two sugars."

And the New York Times called Timmies "an invader from the north in New York City's next battle of the doughnut chains."

The company also plans to open three more Manhattan locations in August. They will open inside Cold Stone Creamery ice cream outlets, a business pairing that could lead to as many as 100 co-brand stores in the U.S.

The company's move into Manhattan is not its first foray south of the border. Tims operates more than 500 U.S. stores, with its first opening in Tonawanda, NY, in 1984.

But the question is, will New Yorkers be won over by coffee and doughnuts, Canada-style?

One New Yorker who was sad to see the Dunkin' Donuts outlet in Penn Station close told the New York Daily News he will likely not be partaking in a "double double" anytime soon.

"It's not American," 32-year-old Matthew DiToro said. "I can't do it."
counter.visit

counter.visit

I had Dunkin' Donuts when I was in the states - it's pretty much the same stuff...

I don't get it myself but Crispy Creme failed miserably up here so the same thing could happen in New York... The fact that they quietly launched 500 locations previously seems to be lost on them though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom