The Temple Bar - Innocents enter under advisement: UYFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my stomach turns every time I read that.

awful imagery. and is it really your placenta anyway, or the baby's? shouldn't it be frozen and saved for the baby to decide if it should be eaten? /vomitthoughts

snowbunny00774 said:

that sucks VG.

sorry - slippery slope comment was in reference to being too young to appreciate coffee, and then you dropped that. It was quite the leap. and it's early and I don't drink coffee so my brain isn't functional. not that it ever is.

why are comforting this guy?!?!?!?

being had sucks...and age doesn't help you escape it either :(

white yams - no idea. are they much different from regular yams?

no luck delilah?

:lol: ok thats what the slippery slope was in reference to. i was like...ouch. part truth maybe, but a bit harsh still. :sad: haha

why did i comfort him? because i'm an insecure dumbass. cos i have low self esteem as far as my body image and he told me i was beautiful. because it was fun at the time so i want him to like me even though i don't like him in the first place.

i am a smart girl, top of my class, why am i so stupid :no:

re: white yams...they are grown mainly in nigeria. similar to other yams, but different than sweet potatoes which are in fact not yams despite misinformed north american labelling. in nigeria they use them to make fufu which is that paste that the women grind for days on end and i suspect it doesnt taste that great. it would suck to live in nigeria i think. anyway i only bought them because i had this sweet potato pizza at the korean place that rocked and the potatoes were whitish but very sweet so i thought these white yams might be similar.

wow i should stfu

snowbunny00774 said:
my stomach turns every time I read that.

awful imagery. and is it really your placenta anyway, or the baby's? shouldn't it be frozen and saved for the baby to decide if it should be eaten? /vomitthoughts

Questioning that means you don't care about women's bodies or their right to choose and you're a nazi with a psychological disorder. Welcome to the club! YAY!

:lol: i don't know it if it is.
yeah i actually havent been upset i've been fine with it just a bit pissed at this friend (guy) for certain things.

but overall i think the lyrics to that classic rock song (im guessing...) sum it up nicely. :up: :wink:

African Squash and Yams
6 Servings

1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons oil
1 pound Hubbard squash, pared and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 yams, or sweet potatoes, pared & cut into 1" pieces
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

this is all i could find that doesnt involve going down the river and catching a fish with my bare hands. i'll let you guys know how it goes. luckily, i also bought some coconut milk at the asian supermarket. i love asianness

lynnok said:
Ladies don't tell. Drove him to the airport. :sad: gonna have to find cheap airfares to Detroit

No one ever wants to come here so you'll have no problem. :wink:

Sorry on the no action. :hug:

VG, it's often the smart girls who get in situations like that. Or something like that, but Reg is right, you've got so much ahead of you, don't let this guy affect you so much.

VertigoGal said:

this is all i could find that doesnt involve going down the river and catching a fish with my bare hands. i'll let you guys know how it goes. luckily, i also bought some coconut milk at the asian supermarket. i love asianness

uhm no. I think you should catch a fish with your bare hands and tell us about that instead.

were the ones on the pizza taro? I think that's how you spell it. taro bubble tea rocks but it's some kind of potato apparently which is gross but doesn't undo the tastyness of it.

lynnok said:
Ladies don't tell. Drove him to the airport. :sad: gonna have to find cheap airfares to Detroit

you're a lady? who let you in this bar? :misguided:

j/k

that sucks, but it's good, but it sucks. I'm sure you kinow what I mean. Frequent flyer miles though, eh? not all bad :)

VertigoGal said:

Here's a simple recipe for African Shish Kebop:

Mix 1 tablespoon water with 1 tsp or cube of beef bullion
Add Cayenne to taste (I like a lot, so I just keep shaking that shit on.)
Rub the water/bullion/cayenne mixture onto a steak.
Let sit for an hour or so.
Cut the steak into cubes and then grill on skewers.

You could have an African Food night. OH THE IRONY!

i dunno the guy told me they were "korean sweet potatoes"

ironically, during my asian day, i got some taro bubble tea! i love that shit. :drool: except it was just milk tea because i didnt feel like having the tapioca.
i might have to get another one today...taro :drool:

When I drove him to the airport this morning i tried to get flight info. No luck. The counter agents act like flight info is top secret.

Met the other two guys going to Detroit as well. I'm going there for a couple days before school starts.

Don't know, Dr Departed usually prefers brunettes, Buffy the Schnauzer was one.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

No one ever wants to come here so you'll have no problem. :wink:

Sorry on the no action. :hug:

VG, it's often the smart girls who get in situations like that. Or something like that, but Reg is right, you've got so much ahead of you, don't let this guy affect you so much.

What's up with the guys you women see...and the no action thingy...:eyebrow: I don't get it...I mean I get 'it'...but, uh...what I don't get is the guys not getting 'it' when 'it' is there to be had...:confused:

VG...the women I know who are very intelligent have a habit of letting their guard down when it comes to certain situations with men...and usually they come back the next day embarrassed or ashamed and unclear about how they could have been duped. Even the dumbest guy can sense when a woman has let her guard down. Now that you've been there...you'll be better prepped for next time...:hug:

UberBeaver said:

Here's a simple recipe for African Shish Kebop:

Mix 1 tablespoon water with 1 tsp or cube of beef bullion
Add Cayenne to taste (I like a lot, so I just keep shaking that shit on.)
Rub the water/bullion/cayenne mixture onto a steak.
Let sit for an hour or so.
Cut the steak into cubes and then grill on skewers.

You could have an African Food night. OH THE IRONY!

Bono would LOVE it. :hyper:

Run and post in PLEBA, now!

Colleen, tell me about these two other guys. Where are they staying and are they both single. :shifty:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Oh he got his one-way to hell years ago...:yes:

Well, maybe. But CoNJ hell isn't so bad. You have to listen to some Boston and REO Speedwagon now and then. And it's sorta hot and humid, but it's not THAT bad. Not like Old Jesus hell - fire and brimstone and demons, Oh my.

VertigoGal said:
uber, you might be going to hell for that.

i could go for steak

Oh, his ticket to hell got stamped years ago, he's just working on which circle he'll wind up in now.

2 people told me that I look nice today, and instead of saying "thanks" I have to instead laugh and then say shit like "Oh, you mean NICER than usual, which is not saying much".

Eh.

I missed a VG appearance, very sad.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

What's up with the guys you women see...and the no action thingy...:eyebrow: I don't get it...I mean I get 'it'...but, uh...what I don't get is the guys not getting 'it' when 'it' is there to be had...:confused:

VG...the women I know who are very intelligent have a habit of letting their guard down when it comes to certain situations with men...and usually they come back the next day embarrassed or ashamed and unclear about how they could have been duped. Even the dumbest guy can sense when a woman has let her guard down. Now that you've been there...you'll be better prepped for next time...:hug:

I'm having flashbacks of this spring. :mad:

Smart girls letting their guard down :tsk:

:istryingtobebetter: :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom