The Temple Bar - Innocents enter under advisement: UYFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they do. It's just that they don't get out. Ever, really. Dad might take Mom to lunch or the market, but that's about it. It's pushing it if she wants to go to Sears or something. Before 9/11 and deteriorating health, which Mom has had for years, they used to fly to Vegas at least once a year. They haven't flown anywhere since. Dad=:huh: So the fact that we're going to someplace they like AND staying at a very cheap hotel off the strip that they usta go to.... I may have to lie about the hotel. I'll have to clue my sister in first to hide the fact :shifty:

Family politics suck. I will say this about my family, we don't do the lying to each other bit. The wife's family lies to each other about EVERYTHING. But they all know it, so it just makes no sense.

My parents are the guilt-trip type, I just know that Mom is gonna feel bad cuz she's basically trapped at home :sad:

Hi Thora :wave: Still on vacation?

Oh, dinner is ready & more playtime, and reading book 6 of HP so I can get up to see what the hype is in book 7 :shifty:

:wave:

unico said:
thora! where did you go for vacation? back to waikiki? :love:

Hi Mia!

No, but I'll be in Hawaii in December, though! :hyper:

I went to visit my family for a week, and also to do my mile long swim in the ocean, which was this morning. :crack: I'm so exhausted from all of that, so I'm thinking of going to bed soon. It's only 7:30, but I'm tempted to sleep! :lol:

unico said:
omg are you serious? i've been tossing around the idea with some people about a hawaii reunion around the same time as the concert last year. maybe this time we'll see each other!!!

I'm fully serious! I'll be there Dec 11-26, so it's a good long time. :drool:

That would be awesome if it works out! :D

snowbunny00774 said:

Thora!!! how long did it take babes????? was it fun?

64 minutes, which is actually not that bad.

It was the toughest thing I've done physically in a long time. The current was really strong, and the ocean temperature was fucking freezing. But I had my parents in their boat near me the entire time, cheering me on, and a bunch of people waiting with beer and towels at the other side. :lol: I'm very proud that I was able to do it - there were times when I felt like giving up, it was so hard.

Overall it was a great experience, and I'm so glad I did it.

ThoraSEB said:

I'm fully serious! I'll be there Dec 11-26, so it's a good long time. :drool:

That would be awesome if it works out! :D

wow that IS a long time! i'll ask around and see when the others who were interested will be going. we should get like a million interferers and have a weeklong beach party! :dance:

snowbunny00774 said:

I have no taste in movies. it's fo'real

Go see the Transformers. It's excellent. :happy:

South - Puerto Vallarta or Cozumel. ETA - South - Aruba.

Norf - New Hampshire. ETA - Norf - Inverness, Scotland. It's friggin light out til 10:30 @ night. WTF? It's like being Nordic or some shit up there.

Last edited:
Furthest West - Hawaii
East - Russia
North - No fucking clue - never been anywhere North (maybe Kamloops in BC, but I dunno)
South - Hawaii, I guess

I rented this shit called Crank. do I take it out and put on Borat or the miss sunshine thing?

I haven't rented a movie in almost two years. now I know why.

Furthest north - Saskatoon (I think it's further north than Winnipeg *too lazy to check*)

Furthest south - San Francisco

Furthest east - St. Donat Quebec

Furthest west - San Francisco

unico said:
i still haven't seen transformers :reject: i heard theres already talks of a sequel, because it kicked that much ass.

It kicked much ass. More than I expected. I mean, there's not much of a story, per se, but if you liked it as a kid, it's awesome.

snowbunny00774 said:
I rented this shit called Crank. do I take it out and put on Borat or the miss sunshine thing?

You can't really go wrong with either.
Sasha Baron Cohen is looking to be the 2nd CoNJ Saint canonized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom