The Temple Bar: In the Fuckin' Zone UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aw man! it was on tv and i missed it? hmm...

:updatesnetflixqueue:

on a side note, aren't these just the greatest gifts ever? http://www.giantmicrobes.com/

i'm totally giving some friends herpes for christmas. look how cute it is! i think i might get a krill for myself. too bad the heartworm doesn't squeak, i'd totally get that for my pup.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
The South Park 24 blew the Simpsons version out of the water. :up:

No shit. The best the Simpsons could do was Bart making a prank call to Jack Bauer for "Ahmed Adoody"? Laame. :tsk:

I've pretty much stopped watching the new Simpsons episodes. Used to block off Sunday nights just to watch, but now I tune in for King of the Hill and Family Guy, and either study or watch football during the Simpsons.

DaveC said:
No way. South Park is even MORE original now than it was years ago. It's the only cartoon show that still is (Robot Chicken is really the only other animated show right now that's even close to being in South Park's league).

Exhibit A: South Park did a parody of 24, then a month later the Simpsons did one of their own. And the South Park version was miles better.

Not sure how you could make such a pronouncement of unoriginality if you haven't seen any of the recent episodes. :shrug:

i'm not speaking to specific episodes, that's why i said in general. southpark was very original (and like i said, is still original in that they held true to themselves). what i'm saying now is there's more stuff on tv now that openly criticizes and makes fun of people/things, and says whatever they want etc. they broke the mold and since they crossed that line others have joined in behind them. i think the influx of stuff out there openly critiquing others is due to south park.

like i said, i'm not saying their MATERIAL isn't original. i'm just saying the concept isn't anymore. even still, many of these shows couldn't hold a candle to south park. yet it still remains that they are trying to do the same.

i haven't seen the show in years either, but the movie was great. i like how somebody actually told me that it wasn't at all political. the whole thing was relating to the katrina victims, and i don't know how that friend of mine (i can't remember who said it) missed that.

Nah, I thought the movie kinda sucked compared to what it could have been. It really just felt like a regular episode strung out to 90 minutes. Only difference is they actually got away with showing Bart's wang. Which is more disturbing than anything, considering he's 10 years old. :huh:

What happened to this place? I used to be able to curse like a wounded pirate and make sexual innuendoes as much as I wanted to in the sports forum, and now I get called out every time by someone who's offended (and usually who had NEVER posted in that thread before). I thought I made a pretty funny joke, considering the topic we were talking about. :shrug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Consider the poster.

That's all I'm going to say about it.

Very true.

I still am curious whether Alyssa Milano prefers the screwball or the splitter.

Myself, lately I've been stuck practicing my palm ball. :sigh::giggle:

:laugh: I crack myself up sometimes. OK, I'll stop now.

I didn't do much of anything last night. Watched a lot of TV. Didn't feel much like going out, because it would have been crazy downtown, and I'm not that big of a fan of Halloween to begin with. I'll probably go to power hour at The Split Crow tonight. 3 beers for $5 :drool:

not halloween related, but i'm really getting far in the songwriting. i'm writing one with my instructor. that was awesome fun last night!

my dog was wound up last night and jumping 2 feet off the ground while standing. he needs to join a circus with those mad skillz.

God, baseball innuendoes are way too easy. Now I can't concentrate on my studying cause I'm trying to think of more. :lmao:

The Bar makes its own rules. Then breaks them, just because it can. Then it challenges other bars to fights. And wins. Then goes back to breaking more rules. And hearts.

Back
Top Bottom