The Temple Bar: In the Fuckin' Zone UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea, you know it's weird. When I was younger, it was all about getting away from here. But now that I'm older, and the place is really growing nicely and the country is.. heaven honestly. :cute:

Well, didn't that sound corny!!

I had a nice wiff of eau de pulp mill this weekend on the way to a wedding.

It was absolutely beautiful for fall colours until Saturday when it rained and knocked all the leaves off.

It actually snowed here yesterday :scream:

Snow?? :yikes:

Must be 'cause you're wayyyyy up north. :wink:

I went to a Sea Dogs game last year at Harbour Station, Halifax vs. Saint John and rooted for Halifax. Luckily I was next to a family of four, but the two college girls behind me gave me an earful! But then they both took me out to the bar after the game, so it all worked out in the end. :laugh:

DaveC said:
Snow?? :yikes:

Must be 'cause you're wayyyyy up north. :wink:

I went to a Sea Dogs game last year at Harbour Station, Halifax vs. Saint John and rooted for Halifax. Luckily I was next to a family of four, but the two college girls behind me gave me an earful! But then they both took me out to the bar after the game, so it all worked out in the end. :laugh:

It's best to be slightly lit when watching a Sea Dogs game, because they really suck. I haven't been to a game yet where they won. On the good side, they did fix up Harbour Station nice.. and Harbour Station fries are mighty tasty.

Apparently we're going to get a tropical storm. Huzzah. I'm not ready for winter yet! :giggle:

RavenBlue said:

It's best to be slightly lit when watching a Sea Dogs game, because they really suck. I haven't been to a game yet where they won. On the good side, they did fix up Harbour Station nice.. and Harbour Station fries are mighty tasty.

Apparently we're going to get a tropical storm. Huzzah. I'm not ready for winter yet! :giggle:

Well I started boozing as soon as I got there, but couldn't get blazed. I did go with my grandfather, after all. We were on opposite ends of the rink, cause him and all his old cronies have season tickets in the same area. Harbour Station fries :drool:

It's a damn shame all the food at the Metro Centre is shit. Everything else there is too, though.

I did manage to get out to what the girls said is the only dance club in Saint John after the game...out near McAllister Place, right in front of the horse track. I don't remember the name but I think it was a warehouse with a few black lights and a bar, and a restaurant in one half :lol:

I didn't hear about the tropical storm, but it's exciting :hyper: The hurricane was a whole lot of fun, some friends and I had a puff then went down to the water front and watched a ship sink!

The Three Mile? Actually, I think Club Montecarlo is part of that. I may be wrong :hmm:

I think it's funny how martimers 'fun' activities include going out to the beach and watching the waves. I'm guilty of it for sure. I'm actually hoping we get some high gusts so there may be a good rough tide. Woo fun times :giggle:

The Three Mile! That's it! What a shit hole :laugh:

We really do live up to the stereotype, don't we?

We had to get off the water front eventually as the storm got stronger because there were shingles, then boards and chunks of asphalt flying around...once we saw boulders (one was the size of a pitcher's mound around) flying up onto the boardwalk, we hightailed it out of there. But watching that boat go down was damn cool. It kept whacking against the side of the dock, and the owner eventually came down and tried to lash it more solidly to the pier, but while he was doing it, he lost hold of the rope, the ship started spinning and hit another pier and then sunk right where it was sitting:

tallshiplarinda-9-29-03-pb.jpg

:yikes: You know, with a mast like that.. kind of looks like ye olde Bluenose II haha!

We lucked out here with Juan. Didn't get hardly anything.

Yes, Three Mile is on my "AVOID" list for certain when it comes to town. Some good pubs uptown though :up:

I haven't been in Hali for almost ten years.. well, I guess I was just through a few years ago on the way to Bridgewater.

Sounds like it's time for a trip. You can see the Liquor Dome and it's infamous dollar drinks night :lol: It's a bit of a step up from the Three Mile. I'll even bring you there for free if you bring me some cheese from the City Market :drool:

We went to a nice spot first uptown, near Market Square. I don't remember what it was called, but it was an Irish pub and looked a lot like the Lower Deck (if you've ever been there). LOADS of Navy guys there (which is weird, because I don't think there's a Navy base in Saint John?), one of the girls I was with managed to pick one up in about 5 minutes!

Bastards! :giggle:

I'm not a huge drinker so I don't pub often. Though a couple weeks ago I went to a seedy west side tavern to watch a.. wrestling match.:reject: It was so bad that it was actually hilarious. When the guy stood on the top rope, he was above the lights and could touch the ceiling :giggle:

Sounds like you might have been risking your neck there! :yikes:

This is cool, there's finally someone else around that I can make stupid Maritimer references with who will actually understand.

We're in a bar, so I'll buy you a Keith's. Being from New Brunswick, you'll probably want an Alpine, but I'm not in the business of punishing new friends. :sexywink:

:giggle: You know what's sad about that...

I actually DO prefer Alpine to Keith's. :wink:

I know, for ages I thought GibsonGirl was the only other maritimer, although I know alot of newfs don't really consider themselves to be part of our.. uh.. inner circle ;)

Newfies aren't Maritimers! :tsk:

I actually know one who'd take a swing at you just for saying that, doesn't matter if you're a guy or a girl! But of course he thinks Newfoundland was better off as part of the British Empire :shrug:

So what do you do, Miss (Mrs? :scratch: ) RB?

Woo unemployment insurance :up:

The sad thing is I'd actually be making more (triple the amount) if I collected UI instead of working my useless part-time job.

Any possibilities?

Likewise! Stop by more often, there'll be many a Keith's waiting (but no Alpine)!

I've got to get up at 6:30, so I'd better get some rest too. Good night everyone, if there's anyone else left besides RB and I :hi5:

Not quite, I just haven't posted yet. :wave:

But the new South Park is online, so I'm going to watch that (instead of studying...I'm going to get some weird looks here in the Student Union Building).

The imaginary characters in the opening are AWESOME. Marvin the Martian and Wario on the Evil side, Captain Planet on the good side...this is going to be great.

i used to watch it regularly when it first came out. it was one of a kind, and i think the popularity soared because it was one of the first modern shows to be so candid and openly critical.

i loved team america, but i haven't seen the show in years (aside from the bono episode, which i just so happened to stumble on). i give them credit for keeping their integrity and not changing over the years. though now they just aren't as original (generally speaking) any more as they have broken the mold and now other shows are just as outspoken.

even the unexpected has become expected.

I never missed an episode the first couple of years, then when all the t-shirts and toys were everywhere I got sick of it and boycotted it for a while. Then one night I was flipping through the channels, caught it, and was hooked again.

Team America was just on tv a while or so ago. Great stuff.

"I'm so ron-rey, so ron-rey..." :lmao:

No way. South Park is even MORE original now than it was years ago. It's the only cartoon show that still is (Robot Chicken is really the only other animated show right now that's even close to being in South Park's league).

Exhibit A: South Park did a parody of 24, then a month later the Simpsons did one of their own. And the South Park version was miles better.

Not sure how you could make such a pronouncement of unoriginality if you haven't seen any of the recent episodes. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom