The Temple Bar: In the Fuckin' Zone UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phillyfan26 said:
I live with my parents, but mostly because I'm sixteen and a junior in high school. Still, I'm right there with you guys now.

yea well i'm 26 and.. and... ah fuck.

i was moved out at one point :hyper:

now i'm not :sad:

but i will be again by next summer :hyper:

unless the housing market continues to go bad, thus making more people want to rent thus driving rent, which is already incredibly high in new york and long island, even higher :sad:

:sigh:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

yea well i'm 26 and.. and... ah fuck.

i was moved out at one point :hyper:

now i'm not :sad:

but i will be again by next summer :hyper:

unless the housing market continues to go bad, thus making more people want to rent thus driving rent, which is already incredibly high in new york and long island, even higher :sad:

:sigh:

I hear ya.

The only way I'm getting out of the house is by going to school on the opposite coast of the country.

Which isn't such a bad thing. Mild winters and mountains :drool:

DaveC said:
What's it like? Is it expensive to live there? What's the transportation system like? Is it worth it to live outside the downtown area? Is the job market anything like Alberta's (ie do I stand to make a decent amount of coin)?

I ask because I've discovered a school I want to go to after I finish my degree in Van City, but I'm going to need to work my ass off full-time (and then some) in order to be able to pay for tuition AND pay off my student loan at the same time. Trying to figure out if it's workable/realistic or if I'm going to have to move to Calgary for a year or two first.

God damn I can't wait to be done with Dalhousie and Halifax :hyper:

I'll send you a PM once I'm a little more awake. :up:

I was up a little too late last night. This morning is going to be a fun one. :yawn:

Shit, I have a bit of a dilemma here.

I sort of have two "dates" for the Bruce concert next week. I had asked one friend to go, but she bailed cause she thought she wasn't going to be able to get a sitter. So, I asked another friend of mine this weekend and she said she'd have to get back with me.

Friend A got back to me last night saying she got a sitter and can now go. Meanwhile, Friend B emailed me this morning telling me she'd get dinner and pay for parking beforehand (I had told her since she was essentially an alternate I wouldn't make her pay for the ticket).

I tell Friend B that Friend A un-bailed and go with Friend A, right? Even though Friend A isn't going to buy me dinner or pay the ridiculous Palace lot fees.

Damn it.

You've got to go!!! Everyone should see Bruce at least once. WOW, what a show, what a performer. He's playing again tonight at the Sports Arena

Adam Carolla spoke about it this morning...he said that it was a great show.
He also said that all the performers were sooooo short.......none over 5'8":lol:....except for Clarence of course.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Shit, I have a bit of a dilemma here.

I sort of have two "dates" for the Bruce concert next week. I had asked one friend to go, but she bailed cause she thought she wasn't going to be able to get a sitter. So, I asked another friend of mine this weekend and she said she'd have to get back with me.

Friend A got back to me last night saying she got a sitter and can now go. Meanwhile, Friend B emailed me this morning telling me she'd get dinner and pay for parking beforehand (I had told her since she was essentially an alternate I wouldn't make her pay for the ticket).

I tell Friend B that Friend A un-bailed and go with Friend A, right? Even though Friend A isn't going to buy me dinner or pay the ridiculous Palace lot fees.

Damn it.

I'd go with Friend B...free dinner and parking sweeten the pot enough. Mia's right, unless A paid already, then she holds no rights to the ticket and no right to be upset if you offer it to someone else after she already said no. Plus, backing out now on B would be a double-bail (A on you, then you on B), and two wrongs don't make a right.

Back
Top Bottom