The Temple Bar, in strawberry fields forever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey both of you! :wave:

I am good. Three months with no internet connection in my new place so no interland for me!!

Ha! At first yes, but I have got used to it now.

I saw your ice hockey pictures in the journals bit - when did you take that up?

I've been interested for years and I did try out in high school for the girls team but they were leagues ahead of me in skill. I sort of just put the equipment away and hoped I'd get a chance to use it again sometime. They built a natural ice rink out here last year and now they've an amateur womans team going on of all different skills. It's alot of falling and laughing. A great time really :)

Last edited:
It looks fun! I have only ever been ice skating twice and all I can remember is working my way around the edge of the rink, holding onto the side. Can you get injured easily though? Those sticks look dangerous and that puck thing goes at a fair speed!!

Talking of dangerous sports, I am hoping to start going snowboarding - a couple of friends from the flats where i live are thinking of taking it up and I am going to tag along! It is something I have wanted to do for years, but never got around to it :rockon:

As long as you've got the proper equipment, you'll be alright. With hockey pants and shinpads they really help to absorb the shock when you fall.

I hadn't been skating in about 4 or 5 years and then once the rink opened this winter we went out. The first time out, I had to hold onto the boards the whole time. Then the second time I was near the boards, and each time I got a bit better and better. I still have a long way to go, but it's nice to be in an atmosphere where other folks are hoping to learn the same things.

Snowboarding looks so much fun. It's another sport I'd love to try some day.

Hi PopAngel, NSW :wave:

RB, VP, hello to you both!

RB, saw the Hockey photos, too, so glad you enjoyed it so much. I'd go nuts if I didn't play sports, I think.

ETA - LMPA, I am, thanks for asking. Nice to just sit here and relax and watch sports and whatnot. Might go see Zodiac later. Damn, LMPA, you need to get to 100%, soon.

No spoken words said:
78! Hello. How goes it?

Good good. I had to get a new bridesmaid dress for my cousins wedding (that's going to be in June) this weekend. I had already bought one awhile back and was able to do an even exchange. :drool:

Ok, I'm kind of irritated that someone deleted me from their buddy list on myspace. :huh:

Yes, me as well. This whole rink has really rallied the community and is getting alot of people out and active. We're already hoping to have either ball hockey or roller hockey in the summer.

RB, you're happy that you enjoy something? Go figure! :) Nice to hear that the community is being so pro-active about something like that.

78, glad you were able to do an even exchange, I'm guessing y ou worked in retail at some point in your life?

RavenBlue said:
Yes, me as well. This whole rink has really rallied the community and is getting alot of people out and active. We're already hoping to have either ball hockey or roller hockey in the summer.

You should change your jersey # from 5 to 99. And have everyone call you "Wayne".

UberBeaver said:

You should change your jersey # from 5 to 99. And have everyone call you "Wayne".

:giggle:

I'm not that good yet. There are two people who are really phenomenal skaters and players and the rest of us are still learning.

It's really frustrating when the puck hits off my skate and my brain is saying "Go get it, you can get it" and my feet are saying "I can't turn that quick yet" hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom