The Temple Bar - In conclusion, Brian Williams pwns you.. UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: well it'll be no holding back that's for sure. i fully expect to end the evening knocking back shots at the bar at chili's while everyone cheers me on. then i fully expect to spend the following day asleep on the bathroom floor

I just chugged a huge pot of coffee (waking up randomly at 8:00 am is not something I normally do), and ate a huge breakfast. Now I'm wired and have absolutely nothing to do today. I figure I'll probably watch the rest of Season 3 of The Sopranos today, then the basketball game.

Productivity :up:

That's mine, I was sitting on the bus one night when the windows were fogged up and came up with that tag, decided to transfer it to paper and see how it looked, and now I really like it.

I woke up before 6am because I was stressed out about registering for classes :| For whatever reason the Poli-Sci department's course offerings next semester are absolutely pitiful, with a lot of people vying for only a few good classes.

Thankfully I got what I wanted.

Ugh. I always hated registering for classes, I ended up getting up early to make sure I got what I wanted every year then the class I was sure would be full by 9 am would of course not fill up for weeks. And of course the one year I had computer troubles was the year that all the classes I wanted to take filled up within half an hour, so I had to completely change my schedule. Super frustrating. We always had to wait until early July to do it, though it makes sense to have it now while people are in the school mindset and on campus in case there are problems.

I don't know what to do with myself here. :hmm:

DaveC said:
Ugh. I always hated registering for classes, I ended up getting up early to make sure I got what I wanted every year then the class I was sure would be full by 9 am would of course not fill up for weeks. And of course the one year I had computer troubles was the year that all the classes I wanted to take filled up within half an hour, so I had to completely change my schedule. Super frustrating. We always had to wait until early July to do it, though it makes sense to have it now while people are in the school mindset and on campus in case there are problems.

I registered for all my classes through fall last week. Hopefully there are no issues and everything's all set. :crossesfingers:

Bored? :wink:

DaveC said:

It seems like everybody has stories like this.

As a fresh-soph the classes I wanted often filled up, but now that I'm a rising senior (terrifying!) and I get to register earlier I get pretty much everything I want, yet I still stressed out :shrug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:yes:

Usually I just sleep in until mid-afternoon if I have nothing to do, but for some reason I was compelled to get up at 8 this morning. :shrug:

Any suggestions?

I didn't really have a problem registering for classes. It didn't really go as first-come-first-served. I usually waited to sign up because otherwise the server would be slow. But I guess that's one of the few perks of going to a large research intensive land-grant institution where you're just a number.

unico said:
I didn't really have a problem registering for classes. It didn't really go as first-come-first-served. I usually waited to sign up because otherwise the server would be slow. But I guess that's one of the few perks of going to a large research intensive land-grant institution where you're just a number.

Yeah that's verrrrrry different from CNU.

I assume there will be some sort of memorial service next week at Tech...?

U2democrat said:

Watch all 3 Indiana Jones back to back :D

Nah. I can't get in to Indiana Jones, for some reason. I've got four hours' worth of The Sopranos to watch, and I think I'm going to go watch the first one now.

:wave:

U2democrat said:

Yeah that's verrrrrry different from CNU.

I assume there will be some sort of memorial service next week at Tech...?

Yeah...I haven't kept up with the details, but I think there's going to be stuff going on all day. I'm thinking of going, actually. Fuck I can't believe it has been a year.

unico said:

Yeah...I haven't kept up with the details, but I think there's going to be stuff going on all day. I'm thinking of going, actually. Fuck I can't believe it has been a year.

I would have mixed feelings about going...while I'm sure the memorials would be very nice, to me it would feel very raw going back that day. Maybe that's a part of the healing process, I don't know. It's going to be rough for a lot of people. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom