The Temple Bar - I got nothin' UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:

It's something he witnessed in NYC back in the 80s just walking down the street. It's a bit disturbing.

When was lennon shot? :hmm:

U2democrat said:

It's something he witnessed in NYC back in the 80s just walking down the street. It's a bit disturbing.

Thanks Kat - no move yet, one of the roles I was encouraged to would have been a move, but I think this is a better long term experience for me, and will require travel so that will do for now :)

That sucks about your migraine....I hope it passes quickly. :(

snowbunny00774 said:

Same company, analyst role. I can continue up the ladder now, and there were a few postings that were suggested to me, but I have seen that happen when people don't have a very very well rounded background, and while they can do the job, it's not neccessarily the best experience for people around them or reporting up to them. This is a 12 month contract (my current job will be help for me, which they had to get approved and it was awesome they did), which will give me more experience with the operations side of things, which will position me well for whereever I end up. I just feel that as I go up I want to have as much understanding of all our business as possible so that I can make decisions that are better informed. Sometimes we don't see that now and it drives me nuts so I don't want to be a contributor to that and have people thinking that of me.

Sorry for the ramble, but I just feel passionately about being the best most well rounded employee you can be, and I'm very excited I get to add something else. I got some amazing feedback from some people I respect enormously today and I'm still on a high from it. :verygrateful:

It's not a ramble. It's refreshing to read something that's of substance in here. Congrats again!

No spoken words said:
Why do I bother?

Don't say that. I appreciated it. Thank you.

you know I'm useless at this stuff. even now I'm waiting for bad news about something else to drop. :butpleasedon't:

U2democrat said:
Very true :up:

Hopefully in the next few days I can report on my new nephew and we'll have more positive vibes :)

Has he been born yet????

smelling good is always a bonus - you should im that guy about it ;)

Not yet, but he could be born any day now. We could even get the call in the middle of the night, or it could be next week, but no later. :hyper:

Yes I smell good, no I won't tell the douche, but if my crush would get on I'd tell him :sexywink:

No spoken words said:
Have a safe trip back!

what he said!!

and with that, I'm actually leaving work :)

I get to go tell my mom now - I couldn't even call in case anyone overheard.

I'm sure I'll be back to pester later :guarantee:

awww i missed laura?? :sad: remember, you, me, and barry have a date this semester! drive safe! :)

snow, words cannot express how muthafuckin excited i am for you!!!! woooooo! i really admire your desire to climb and learn as much as you can. when i'm at the point where i'm settled in a career, i can only hope that i can be half the dedicated, hardworking, and respected professional that you are. you bust your ass. you've deserved this. i wish we could celebrate in person. but here's some virtual hugs until i can give you hugs for real :hug: :hug: :hug: and a :hi5:

kat i hope your migrane goes away. those things are bitches. :(

i always miss vp :(

hiya mike! :wave:

unico said:
niiice! i wanted to go out drinking, but my friend has to work tomorrow and i was driving her. so i had to take her home, and she lives in the opposite direction.

i had several, but had to stop, because i have to get up early for training in the mornilgn, so I need to not be so drunk by the timew I go to bed.

hi all, btw.

Back
Top Bottom