The Temple Bar ~ How did I get roped into this photoshop thing??? UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen the new Alanis Morrisette video? I love how she's supposed to be this environmental hippie type...but in her advertising the need to save the earth she's using a ton of paper, and then you see inside her apartment and it's covered wall to wall, ceiling to floor in paper and I'm thinking...doesn't that defeat the point? :scratch:

Maybe I'm like EYKIW and overthinking :shifty:

Yes. Now after knowing a guy 1 week she started dating him and calls him "perfect", yet she still feels depressed and misses her ex.

I've told her for years that she can't be entirely dependent on a significant other to boost her self esteem, she has to do that herself.

There's some more but I don't feel the need to go into details.

No that's not it at all. In fact her ex was reeeeeeeeally good to her, I was sorry to hear when he dumped her because he was really good for her, but I think she was too much stress for him...which is making it harder for her to let him go because he really did no wrong to her.

She is moving too fast with her new bf, and that worries me.

She sounds really high maintenence. I would tell someone like that they need to be alone, find out what makes them happy without needing a guy around but in my experience people like that generally have to fall pretty hard before they figure that out for themselves, which is sad.

this sounds good to me as well, the worst thing about advice is unless the person is willing to hear it, there's no point to giving it...

My wife spends hours and hours trying to advise her sister about her relationship problems and her sister continues to not heed it and be miserable...

There's some more but I don't feel the need to go into details.

What, you mean you don't want to divulge every single intimate detail about your friend to strangers on the internets? You so-ooooo phail. :wink:

She sounds really high maintenence. I would tell someone like that they need to be alone, find out what makes them happy without needing a guy around but in my experience people like that generally have to fall pretty hard before they figure that out for themselves, which is sad.

It is sad, but no less true. :up:

Proof that I spend way too much time on here: I was disappointed following Italy's loss in the Euro quarters yesterday. That feeling was fleeting as I then actually wondered: 'I hope Bono's OK after this.' That made me laugh and everything was alright with the world!

She already has fallen pretty hard...I don't want her to fall any harder (again, without giving away any really personal details). :sigh: I think next time she comes to me I'm going to have to tell her that I'm giving up on giving her any advice, because every time I do she never heeds it, and the things I warned her about come to pass. I'm just going to have to be somewhat hard on her, which is hard on me, but it has to be done.

Anyway...back to lighter things...BoMac wondering if bono's OK...:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom