The Temple Bar ~ How did I get roped into this photoshop thing??? UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why independents can't compete with chains, at least for new releases.

Are chains taking a loss, or is their cost much lower due to high volume?

I don't know. My guess is taking a loss / loss leader. Or they get a much better deal. Don't know if there's any ad dollars involved. Like if you see a commercial for Coldplay and they tell you to buy it at Best Buy. Maybe they get free goods to pay for the ad or something like that. Don't know how it works anymore. But sometimes it would be cheaper for me to go to BB and buy it for $10 PLUS TAX. But I've no interest in Coldplay. But this happens with all new stuff, at least that first week.

PM coming :shifty:

I don't know. My guess is taking a loss / loss leader. Or they get a much better deal. Don't know if there's any ad dollars involved. Like if you see a commercial for Coldplay and they tell you to buy it at Best Buy. Maybe they get free goods to pay for the ad or something like that. Don't know how it works anymore. But sometimes it would be cheaper for me to go to BB and buy it for $10 PLUS TAX. But I've no interest in Coldplay. But this happens with all new stuff, at least that first week.

PM coming :shifty:

Yeah, pretty much every new release can be had here at chains for 9.99-ish for the first week. It's too bad it impacts your business. :(

Yeah, pretty much every new release can be had here at chains for 9.99-ish for the first week. It's too bad it impacts your business. :(

Well I don't necessarily sell "Top 40", but I think right now the economy is hurting us the most, since people in California are paying, on average, $4.50 for unleaded gas (the cheapest kind here), whereas the national average is a bit above $4.00 I think. And if people can't afford food, rent/mortgage, gas, etc., they certainly aren't buying music.

Oh dear, the "list" that the youngen has is quite long, LOL!

Well I don't necessarily sell "Top 40", but I think right now the economy is hurting us the most, since people in California are paying, on average, $4.50 for unleaded gas (the cheapest kind here), whereas the national average is a bit above $4.00 I think. And if people can't afford food, rent/mortgage, gas, etc., they certainly aren't buying music.

Oh dear, the "list" that the youngen has is quite long, LOL!

Yeah, we're paying about the equivalent of $4.95 US per gallon here. :happy: and food costs have risen so much here over the past year or so that it pisses me off just stepping into a grocery store. In the Cheap Meals thread a while ago, people from the US were going on about some things being inexpensive, and I was all "holy shit people, you're lucky you don't have to shop for food here, we pay WAY more." But I agree, music sorta falls low on your priority list when you'd rather feed your family. :|

Ireland is like living in.. almost a fantasy land to me. I adore it so much...

Alas it's time to get back to reality :madspit:

Highly overrated, I think.. that whole reality deal.

Hey Lila :D

yeah reality is overrated and it suckith!:angry: It is like living in fantasy land all right.. I would love to live there... :love:

:crack:

Well that was nice. A guy just picked up the other line and I said "Hi!" and he said "It's dinner time you dumb son of a bitch what the hell do you think you're doing?" and then he hung up on me :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom